Was just looking at borzois on google as anyone used these or used a lurcher with borzoi in i like the look of borzois thay look stong and fast but never seen or heard of any borzoi lurchers pics of some would be great if anyones got any

they use them in Oz to x with there stags, what ive read. But they use ,Great Danes, boxers, other breeds that in our country are just(show dogs) .Unless you could get proven working lines , i wouldnt bother :thumbs:

My Borzoi.

IMG_1390.JPG

Not a great pic but first bunny.

P1020916.jpg

DSCF6351.JPG

Give you an idea of sizing. Male in this pic is 32" with the bitch next to him 28".

Big male couldn't do anything, much to cumbersome, couldn't turn and struggled taking things off the ground but covered ground well on a straight.

My bitch is considered small and lacking in coat for a show ring, you can see the diff between the 2, but holds her own with the bunnies. Doesn't have the temperament to do anything that may bite back, though Borzoi can be known for being snappy and aloof. Good stamina and pretty quick over ground.

You won't find any that could be considered proven workers because there aren't any. Most breeders look down their nose at working peeps, they just don't approve.

And even if you found a cracking Borzoi or mix, the second you mention the Borzoi part be prepared for lots of jokes and laughter. It could be the best working dog in the world but will never be considered the part by any working peeps.

They use them in russia on wolves and hares, there's a few videos on youtube look like they need a grey put over them to give them a bit more speed though. Looking at some of the lure coursing on youtube as well they seem to be faster than a deerhound, but you've got to look at the negatives they would bring to a lurcher and there must be quite a few if they're not commonly used in lurcher breeding.

there is a few running dogs over here with borzoi in and there is a couple of members on this site with borzoi in there dogs ....

handy for winning races at lurcher shows so im told :thumbs: