Dog Attacked

My brother was walking my oldest dog lewy the whippet near are house, he could see 2 dogs across the road so they both crossed in oppostie directions and my brother started walking my dog ahead then heard the handlers shouting oh no, and there was a staffy going at my whippet, my brother kicked the dog off as much as he could buthe didnt really have much time so put the whippet behind him to protect it my dog was still on the lead and the staffy wudnt give in, eventually it got round my brother and got hold of him for a good 3 seconds rippping into him, whilst the 2 handlers couldnt get across the road but still didnt look keen to interact the shitbags :censored::wallbash: the staffy is known to be dangerous in the sanctuary and they didnt even fit the harness propally never mind thinkin about a mussle, the handlers then tried to argue with my older brother over him using bad language after there dog has jus ripped a chunk out my dog, heres a picture the vet said he should BE OKAY to run etc, but the only worry is is skin dying :/, anyone no how whippets shape up of a tear heres a picture.

post-61206-0-77017300-1308392814_thumb.jpg

Anything to help on how they do, ive been told 2 clean the wound twice a day and antibiotics also twice a day, atb Patrick

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't listen to people who say that the dog is unlikely to run again: I've seen much worse on my own dogs, and they have healed fine. Obviously the bruising is a concern, and yes, the wound could brea

staff's are on another level excluding apbt's of course. I'm not condoning what the staff did but its what it was bred to do. The fault lies at the handlers feet.

yeah mate that'll do the breeds involved image a world of good plastered on the front of the echo. why even blame the dog?   it should imo be pts but only because most people couldnt care for it pr

Posted Images

Don't listen to people who say that the dog is unlikely to run again: I've seen much worse on my own dogs, and they have healed fine. Obviously the bruising is a concern, and yes, the wound could break down and the skin die off, but nature is pretty miraculous and even if it takes a long time the dog will heal providing you follow the vet's instructions. As the vet has already told you the dog will run again, then listen to the vet, not someone on here who I doubt very much is a vet, or has had a great deal of experience.

Just keep him quiet, clean the wound VERY gently every day with salt water: a teaspoon of salt dissolved in half a litre of previously boiled water which has been allowed to cool to luke warm.

You might well end up with a scar with no fur on it, but that won't matter at all. Good luck.

• Like 8

lots a time off an tlc an that wee dog willbe right as rain, not saying thats okay, as obviously it aint, i personally widnae let them pay vets bills, id rather slap the owner....

the wee dog will be fine mate, be back to its old self by time sept comes :thumbs: