ferret having babys

got a jill about 3 weeks ago pregnant i have no other ferrets brand new hutch ext and she has settled in mint any way been out for a walk with the dog and me phone goes our lass says the shes started haveing babys so came home unlocked the cage and found one baby in her nest at the side im not expecting the babys to jump through hoops but it was not moving or out dont no what to do any help cheers mick

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leave the jill be and have a peep in a few days when she's settled with them. If their still born or something there's nothing you can do about it is there, and she could eat them because you've

Hope it all goes well for the poor wee thing,, I can fully understand dottys point though,,   The serious ferreters on here get to hear this type of thing constantly at this time of year,,and it is

ye have had 3 weeks to figure this oot, ill tell ye what to do, try an rehome the ferret to somecutn that cares

Posted Images

Just leave the jill be and have a peep in a few days when she's settled with them. If their still born or something there's nothing you can do about it is there, and she could eat them because you've been messing with them which you won't be able to stop either.

• Like 4

have you had any movement yet? mine had hers a week ago and i just let her be, kept poping out and checking on them they were quite still for a while then after a few hours i checked and they were riggleing about and squeeking, just keep am eye on them carefull though she might not like it if you keep going in some ferrets are ok others may kill the young. she should be fine like

best advice if dont interfer mate, leave her to get on with it, she will take to being a mother and have a quick peep tomorrow to see how many she had

mate the baby ferret normally spleep most the time at, one moment there all be moving round going mad for milk, next minute there all still and look dead, but there sleeping. if you sure its dead, take it out with out her seeing but let here give birth to all of them first so you dont stress her

ye have had 3 weeks to figure this oot, ill tell ye what to do, try an rehome the ferret to somecutn that cares :thumbdown:

That's a bit harsh ain't it? He was only looking for advice and you jump all over his back

lousy b*****ds jumping all over him for asking for help,if he didnt give a shit he wouldnt have took the time to come on here,the dickhead who sold it to him thats another matter,feel free.leave her alone pal, plenty of good grub shell be ok best of luck enjoy!owt you need help with theres plenty of very knowledgable people on here who will help you atb

• Like 1

got a jill about 3 weeks ago pregnant i have no other ferrets brand new hutch ext and she has settled in mint any way been out for a walk with the dog and me phone goes our lass says the shes started haveing babys so came home unlocked the cage and found one baby in her nest at the side im not expecting the babys to jump through hoops but it was not moving or out dont no what to do any help cheers mick

best of luck, and start looking for future homes for them when the time is right if you dont wanna keep them, :thumbs:

Just leave the jill be and have a peep in a few days when she's settled with them. If their still born or something there's nothing you can do about it is there, and she could eat them because you've been messing with them which you won't be able to stop either.

:thumbs: