best fox dog ever seen

I've not seen one that stood out, seen rio run and tbh I'd rate hime below a few others I've seen. Probably the best one actually is the billy dog I have here now

:icon_eek: What was the point of even mentioning rios name when you rate him below others in a thread called "best fox dog ever seen"? :wallbash: If not just to bad mouth the dog? You must have a high standard to rate him so low when well seasoned/experienced men rate him so highly.... His son iv got here does more then is asked of him time and time again.

As for best fox dog iv seen to catch a fox would be a first cross collie/grey axle he didnt leave anything out of the field 9 he did one night single handed but wasnt the quickest to finnsh them ... Best allround fox dog iv seen work was a 3/4hound 1/4 ebt he was unstopable so we thought till a concrete cattle trough but had 12 one night single handed used to kill foxes in a flash .

thats alot of foxs 12 in a night for 1 dog, how big height+weight was the 3/4g 1/4 ebt.They swear by them in Oz ebtxs for wild boar, they seem to think that they are better to x with otherdogs, than a apbt.As some pitxs want to fight the boar more than hold it thats what they reckon. :hmm: I would have thought any x would learn to hold if schooled right if from a young dog, maybe they just dont like pits. :yes:

I will get onto the fella who had him and see if he has a few pics..all he used do was lamp this dog Was a few years back now but if memory serves me right he was 27-28 inchs never knew his exact weight but was always said to be about 75lbs + a fair lump but suprised a fair few with his gears was a real rough animal saw him hit a few things fences ditchs etc but he always got straight back up into the course and never saw the end of his stamina but he saw the end of ours and that night he knocked thos it was supposed to be the 2 batterys that didnt last.

Ya bird heard the lads in Oz ar mad for the english bull blood. only other ebt x lurcher iv seen was a half cross proper ugly b*****d but a right one around a hole. Died of a heart attack highly strung would be putting it lightly

If you ask me there not that different to the pit cross when there brought down to the 1/4 but iv seen away more useless dogs come off pits but thats due to the lack of good honest working ebts left.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my fox dogs might not be the best but av got more good nights and foxes with him and he suits me to the ground . hes the best dog av owned he lifts and kills an every run is exciting

And brian even managed to lamp all them foxes in a pair of leather slip on shoes all winter.........

7 or 8 in one day or night is some feat single handed if your talking catch and kill and mature winter foxes.Im not saying it's not possible but if a dog was to do it I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be go

Posted Images

I've not seen one that stood out, seen rio run and tbh I'd rate hime below a few others I've seen. Probably the best one actually is the billy dog I have here now

:icon_eek: What was the point of even mentioning rios name when you rate him below others in a thread called "best fox dog ever seen"? :wallbash: If not just to bad mouth the dog? You must have a high standard to rate him so low when well seasoned/experienced men rate him so highly.... His son iv got here does more then is asked of him time and time again.

As for best fox dog iv seen to catch a fox would be a first cross collie/grey axle he didnt leave anything out of the field 9 he did one night single handed but wasnt the quickest to finnsh them ... Best allround fox dog iv seen work was a 3/4hound 1/4 ebt he was unstopable so we thought till a concrete cattle trough but had 12 one night single handed used to kill foxes in a flash .

thats alot of foxs 12 in a night for 1 dog, how big height+weight was the 3/4g 1/4 ebt.They swear by them in Oz ebtxs for wild boar, they seem to think that they are better to x with otherdogs, than a apbt.As some pitxs want to fight the boar more than hold it thats what they reckon. :hmm: I would have thought any x would learn to hold if schooled right if from a young dog, maybe they just dont like pits. :yes:

I will get onto the fella who had him and see if he has a few pics..all he used do was lamp this dog Was a few years back now but if memory serves me right he was 27-28 inchs never knew his exact weight but was always said to be about 75lbs + a fair lump but suprised a fair few with his gears was a real rough animal saw him hit a few things fences ditchs etc but he always got straight back up into the course and never saw the end of his stamina but he saw the end of ours and that night he knocked thos it was supposed to be the 2 batterys that didnt last.

Ya bird heard the lads in Oz ar mad for the english bull blood. only other ebt x lurcher iv seen was a half cross proper ugly b*****d but a right one around a hole. Died of a heart attack highly strung would be putting it lightly

If you ask me there not that different to the pit cross when there brought down to the 1/4 but iv seen away more useless dogs come off pits but thats due to the lack of good honest working ebts left.

its funny you say about some pits, as on the this post Tug was a 1x staff greyhound. And the line of staffs he came from were old lines from the black country. And prob like these staffs, there must still be few good ebt lines about .?

its funny you say about some pits, as on the this post Tug was a 1x staff greyhound. And the line of staffs he came from were old lines from the black country. And prob like these staffs, there must still be few good ebt lines about .?

Goes to show how the staffs have changed try geting a genuine 26 inch first cross staff greyhound these days as most ar stumps...

Id say with the way staffs and ebt went in and out of fashion over the last few years at the hands of peddlers there few and far between but there will be the odd few about of both,I mean good honest working blood... Its finding them amoung all the pet/show bred shit..

What makes a fox dog the best you have seen????

Numbers,how quick it can kill one in,the way it can hunt cover for miles and still have the energy to kill one,etc etc

Well First off if my lurcher started hunting cover it wouldnt be making the trip home. These lads ar talking about lurchers which in majority ar sight hounds.

Numbers mean nothing to me as all courses ar different some easy some hard..

one of the best foxing lurchers by me i ever heard of was an alsation greyhound called bonny racey bitch black in colour shes long dead now but she was a legend by me and she would pull deer like they were,nt even there effortless to her :thumbs:,i heard tales of her pulling 3 fallow in probably less than ten minutes :thumbs:

I've seen some belters over the years and the best probably had no more than a quarter bull in there make up..

The ones that always stood out to me were the dogs that you could work sore if needed and i can recall a couple of dogs we had a few year back that were worked like this for most of the season both were a mixture of collie bull and greyhound......

Goes to show how the staffs have changed try geting a genuine 26 inch first cross staff greyhound these days as most ar stumps...

Id say with the way staffs and ebt went in and out of fashion over the last few years at the hands of peddlers there few and far between but there will be the odd few about of both,I mean good honest working blood... Its finding them amoung all the pet/show bred shit..

Numbers,how quick it can kill one in,the way it can hunt cover for miles and still have the energy to kill one,etc etc

Well First off if my lurcher started hunting cover it wouldnt be making the trip home. These lads ar talking about lurchers which in majority ar sight hounds.

Dont understand that what you said,if your dog hunts cover it wont make it home why is that???Most foxes are in cover are they not????

Dont understand that what you said,if your dog hunts cover it wont make it home why is that???Most foxes are in cover are they not????

he means if it hunted up on lamp lol

• 4 years later...

i have had the pleasure of owning two very good fox dogs the first was a 5/8 3/8 hancock bred beardi border greyhound of hancocks enock this dog was called tarn and tok 4 fox on many a night in and a round essex and up the northeast he would also take bambi same day as taking 4 fox on lamp pre ban r i p tarn the second dog was fred a bull x greyhound a well thought of dog in his day would take as many fox as you could get up on pre ban he could also take all game loved the teeth and he also gone now these two dogs were the real deal pre ban true game dogs rip fred never to be forggotten

I've heard of Fred my cousin has been out with it he said it was a machine he also had a pup out of it called Mick