heres ours.had to get a bigger truck as the kids get older.

post-589-0-68021700-1308253410_thumb.jpg

Thats more like it....bit of room to move i couldnt imagine living in a vw transporter for more than a night :icon_eek:

Always fancied knobbing about in one of these for a few months but never quite got round to it.....not sure its the sort of thing id want to do more than once so wouldnt make sense to buy one....some of them big yank ones look blinding.

been all over the place in ours.love going to france and just stop in any little village for the night and chill out.never in a rush when you have everything you need with you.off to the three counties show in ours tomorow morning for a couple of nights.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats more like it....bit of room to move i couldnt imagine living in a vw transporter for more than a night :icon_eek:

Always fancied knobbing about in one of these for a few months but never quite got round to it.....not sure its the sort of thing id want to do more than once so wouldnt make sense to buy one....some of them big yank ones look blinding.

its not to bad when you have a descent missus to mess around with, lol... Have spent many anight in a transit van back, kiping poaching drinking sleeping amongst deer. Nevr bothered me mate, it is the biggest old vechile colt going so there must be some comfort there. Plus you wouldnt get a big box camper through the mountains where we are going..And her dads lives in 1, so to tell the truth, i am sick of the sight of them,lol. Especially when i look at the hills at the back and he is sleeping in it for a month at a time....

Quick question to anyone who might know,

What is the law when it comes to drinking in camper vans etc as l always thought if the police caught you drunk with the key on you even in a stationary vehicle, you would still get done for being drunk in charge of a vehicle?

cheers Callum

by law your in the wrong and can be done :thumbs:

NAH.... especially when your seats are turned around to face the back of the camper!

thats a smart bus mate

did you buy it finished or have it done to your spec

have done plenty of restorations on the old campers myself

a mate of mine converts vans to people carriers

and shifts plenty of them

albert

thats a smart bus mate

did you buy it finished or have it done to your spec

have done plenty of restorations on the old campers myself

a mate of mine converts vans to people carriers

and shifts plenty of them

albert

Cheers Albert. i Have had it done to my own spec, pick it up in three weeks..

Vdubs are always good sellers no matter what they are... :thumbs:

been all over the place in ours.love going to france and just stop in any little village for the night and chill out.never in a rush when you have everything you need with you.off to the three counties show in ours tomorow morning for a couple of nights.

My only experience was in the mid 80,s i spent 10 days travelling across America from Kentucky to Las Vegas which was around 2000 miles if i remember right....it was called a Winnebago something or other must have been about 40 foot long...i didnt own it,there was about 6 of us,all fellas as well :icon_redface: ....

It was always something i thought id like to do again once life settled down....just makes me wonder if driving round Britain and Europe with our climate would live up to the Arizona desert.....certainly dont think thats something you could do in a little Volkswagen id have to get out every 10 miles for a stretch :D

My only experience was in the mid 80,s i spent 10 days travelling across America from Kentucky to Las Vegas which was around 2000 miles if i remember right....it was called a Winnebago something or other must have been about 40 foot long...i didnt own it,there was about 6 of us,all fellas as well :icon_redface: ....

It was always something i thought id like to do again once life settled down....just makes me wonder if driving round Britain and Europe with our climate would live up to the Arizona desert.....certainly dont think thats something you could do in a little Volkswagen id have to get out every 10 miles for a stretch :D

Course you can matey... thats how people travel all over Ozzie. In vdubs...

some people should get out more, lol.

[quote name='runforyourlife' timestamp='1308384142' post='2112567'

Course you can matey... thats how people travel all over Ozzie. In vdubs...

some people should get out more, lol.

Hey,if sleeping with your knees in your chin and smashing your elbows every time you move is your thing,then more power to you :D .....if i was a teen again id probably be right up for it.....but any more than a night cramped up like that plays havoc with the old arthritis :D

Now your talking RFYL :thumbs: I could see myself with one of those to go fishing with. I never knew they made new ones of the VW's, its usually the older style ones you see going about up here. Just a good size for fishing trips and making a bite to eat on some remote Scottish Loch :thumbs:

its not to bad when you have a descent missus to mess around with, lol... Have spent many anight in a transit van back, kiping poaching drinking sleeping amongst deer. Nevr bothered me mate, it is the biggest old vechile colt going so there must be some comfort there. Plus you wouldnt get a big box camper through the mountains where we are going..And her dads lives in 1, so to tell the truth, i am sick of the sight of them,lol. Especially when i look at the hills at the back and he is sleeping in it for a month at a time....

Quick question to anyone who might know,

What is the law when it comes to drinking in camper vans etc as l always thought if the police caught you drunk with the key on you even in a stationary vehicle, you would still get done for being drunk in charge of a vehicle?

cheers Callum

by law your in the wrong and can be done :thumbs:

NAH.... especially when your seats are turned around to face the back of the camper!

Doesn't make any difference, even if you're outside the car, if you have the key on you they class is as being in charge of the vehicle and you can get done. Stupid I know but that's the law.

ME the mrs and my girl 4 then,, traveled round the north island of new zealand in a camper smaller than that, we hired one of those wiked campers , great experiance but fecking cramped when it rained :cry: great fun though :thumbs: