August 27/28 T.H.L Air gun meet Up !!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think hampsters are like a stand off bit attatched to the under side of the stock and dont quote me on this but a puff glove is something that chimp wears when doin lamping write ups.

Hi lads and lasses,   Well we wont be able to make this one as I am either in Turkey or Spain with LJ on our holidays or back in Canda by then till October.   I wish everyone a really good time th

what he means by open is exactly that open for anyone to enter so ppl like us who go hunting alot and people who only do comp shoots ... a hamster is another name for a hand grip/rest which aids the shooter but we cant use bipods ... puff gluvs are exactly that gloves worn by puffs hehehe ok gloves worn by shooters who think they can shoot lol ... i say let them use what they want its good to see when one of us lot win with just the basics lol

heres a link to the rules

http://www.ukahft.co.uk/rules.html

atb gary

i think hampsters are like a stand off bit attatched to the under side of the stock and dont quote me on this but a puff glove is something that chimp wears when doin lamping write ups.

• Like 2

If shooting from a lying , or prone position , with this rifle , i do tend to make a `fist` and rest the hamster on top of it . Basically gives the stability needed instead of using a bi-pod . I think in HFT only the bottom of the butt pad is allowed to touch the floor . Its mainly for the support it can give during certain shots . If you were to rest your elbow , for example on your knee , the hamster gives you the extra height needed to get the scope at a comfortable level .For serious FT shooting the rules can be a bit fickle , at the minute i think shooting in the prone position , gun and forearm , from elbow to finger tips MUST clear the ground . To be perfectly honest , the rabbits dont really care how i hold it , they dont like it either way :gunsmilie:

Cheers boys :thumbs: gave the rules a couple of thorough reads, all seems very intense and strict lol, im off out tomorrow with smoggy to practice our kneeling and standing shots with a few knock downs we have, im bricking it already!! haha Cant wait though :thumbs: im sure if we feck up or are not sure of some things you boys will give us a gentle nudge and correction :thumbs: either that or a slap in the face and a "what the feck are you doing" :cry: haha Im guessing all shooters must be insured?? ive let mine lapse but ill get onto re-newing it :thumbs:

Atb peter

Cheers boys :thumbs: gave the rules a couple of thorough reads, all seems very intense and strict lol, im off out tomorrow with smoggy to practice our kneeling and standing shots with a few knock downs we have, im bricking it already!! haha Cant wait though :thumbs: im sure if we feck up or are not sure of some things you boys will give us a gentle nudge and correction :thumbs: either that or a slap in the face and a "what the feck are you doing" :cry: haha Im guessing all shooters must be insured?? ive let mine lapse but ill get onto re-newing it :thumbs:

Atb peter

It's not that serious a competition mate. We're all there for a laugh and a bit banter. Nothing less will be thought of you if you don't manage the highest scores. I had a laugh and shot most of the course standing

Darryl

Davynail me in ....if you want any help let me know i am bringing an airbed this time lol

Davy "nail me in", "im bringing an air bed this time".

There's definatly a joke to be made there somewhere :whistling:

.atb. .ste. :laugh:

Davynail me in ....if you want any help let me know i am bringing an airbed this time lol

Davy "nail me in", "im bringing an air bed this time".

There's definatly a joke to be made there somewhere :whistling:

.atb. .ste. :laugh:

Something along the lines of "Nail me in my tent, my knees got grazed last time, so an air bed will be fetched for the comfort of both of us this time" haha :tongue2:

hi ya davy

pal if you can get the dates to me as soon as you can i will see when i am in work and or get the time off to go i missed the last one bud dont really want to miss this one

give me a txt once you have the dates matey :thumbs:

i cant wait now

shay

Hey Millsy

A Poof gluv is used by the high end comp shooters, the type that weigh every single pellet in a batch and will only use the ones within a fraction of the tollerance that their styer will use.

Extra padding, so its like holding your gun on a shooting beanbag you get the extra stability but no bipods are allowed. They also tend to carry shooting mats around with them :laugh:

They'll be using the bondage gear and blinkered glasses next that the olympians wear.

Hey Millsy

A Poof gluv is used by the high end comp shooters, the type that weigh every single pellet in a batch and will only use the ones within a fraction of the tollerance that their styer will use.

Extra padding, so its like holding your gun on a shooting beanbag you get the extra stability but no bipods are allowed. They also tend to carry shooting mats around with them :laugh:

They'll be using the bondage gear and blinkered glasses next that the olympians wear.

Hahaha each to their own tony lol are eye pieces allowed??? for instance, like this one ive just put on the Ranger?

asx.jpg

And will i have to remove my yardage/mildot print out? on the flip up cover?

Edited by millsy44

I saw some of the serious comp shooters there with mildot cards so you should be fine there and scopeshades should be okay others had them there.

Some of them had little spirit levels and windicators as well :thumbdown:

Tony