the ultimate foxing lurcher

your opinion of what the ultimate fox dog is made of? no tupid comments just genuine

my oppinion i dont think you can beat the bedlington whippet greyhound its a known fact that there speciality is fox one of the only breeds iv ever whitnessed that when they get bit it lets off a pocket of aggression which makes them just want too bite back harder, dont get me wrong iv seen bad bedlington crosses but iv not had one yet,

your oppinions on your crosses and why they make the foxing dog??

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend used to have a coursing type Saluki/Greyhound that absolutely hated foxes and would hunt them with a passion day and night. She would destroy her fox.   So I suppose the awnser is good fox

whippet

6 to 9 a week lol try that a night 3 to 4 sometimes 5 times a week an then you see what in talking about not to mention other tackle that was taken aswell all pre ban of course now we only shoot and g

A friend used to have a coursing type Saluki/Greyhound that absolutely hated foxes and would hunt them with a passion day and night.

She would destroy her fox.

So I suppose the awnser is good foxing lurchers could, before the ban, be found in almost any cross.

• Like 1

A friend used to have a coursing type Saluki/Greyhound that absolutely hated foxes and would hunt them with a passion day and night.

So I suppose the awnser is good foxing lurchers could, before the ban, be found in almost any cross.

I THINK 1/4bull 3/4grey for day or night but most men like something else in it for a bit of wit :thumbs:

its not all about the breed and size of a dog its the fight and heart the dog has u dont need a 27 inch bull cross 2 kill a fox nearly all breeds of lurcher can do it with ease if they enjoy it.allthough the bull can take some punishment i give them that.but the best bitch for takeing fox was my mates 23 inch deer/grey x whipp/grey had great speed turning abillity and strike was very clever 2 she would allways have the troat by the time u get there and would not stop shakeing and ragging till u pult her off.she was preety ordinary on other quarry she just loved fox.

depends how many foxs your getting an if your running single doubled or tripled or as some idiots quadrupled lol jackers will catch an kill odd uns but when your talking numbers it seperates the propa fox dogs from the 1 a month foxing lurcher,.

Mate and I have 7 fox dogs between us all are more than capable of taken there fox with out any trouble.

Deerhounnd/greyhound bitch

staghound bitch

2x 7/8 stag1/4 bully

whippet x staghound

Airedalex staghound

Whippet

As has been said its not the breed so much but the love of killing foxes in the dog that counts.

All these dogs love taking them one out.

Edited by stevemac

Mate and I have 7 fox dogs between us all are more than capable of taken there fox with out any trouble.

staghound bitch

2x 7/8 stag1/4 bully

whippet x staghound

Airedalex staghound

Whippet

As has been said its not the breed so much but the love of killing foxes in the dog that counts.

call me thick ive only been into lurchers twenty odd year but whats a stag hound please mate ? ?

staghound bitch

2x 7/8 stag1/4 bully

whippet x staghound

Airedalex staghound

Whippet

call me thick ive only been into lurchers twenty odd year but whats a stag hound please mate ? ?

think is oz its any broken/rough coated lurcher??

may be wrong tho?

staghound bitch

2x 7/8 stag1/4 bully

whippet x staghound

Airedalex staghound

Whippet

basicly its a long coated kangaroo dog. thats been bred stag to stag for a lot of generations

:thumbs: