1/4 whippet x 3/4 terrier

Yes half x or 3/4 pat I'm thinking , prob easier to get hold of a half x tho , don't you think that the half whippet blood would make any diff to the tempremant ? Little better behaved :whistling: lol

Maybe a little, If I was getting a dog to get in aboot the cover I would get a cocker, I,ve said it before I couldn,t be xrsed with a terriers temp, thats just my preference though :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

a bedlington whippet will work cover flush mark catch rabbits. make a good vermin dog. the ones ive seen had decent temperaments. i own a bedlington terrier will do all of the above apart from catch rabbits on the run. temperament wise he is a quiet dog great with people kids and other dogs. i much prefer lurchers but terriers can make handy little rabbiting dogs bushing marking etc. good luck with your search.

I am after a ratting dog, but would like a bit of speed to catch the odd rabbit.

would I bedlington whippet be hard enought to catch rats all day?

thanks

yess been out with a pure bedlington that can take on fox :) so rats are piss :)

butt a long legged terrier can catch the odd rabbit :) all depends on the terrain :)

JRTxwhippet 22tts, does everything a lurcher can although not as fast top end, rats all day and will enter cover although i dont really encourage it as i have a terrier for that

post-10910-0-26710300-1309610696_thumb.jpg

I have heard of a litter of beddy whippets X beddy, 3/4 terriers, bitch was lined last week. There was a fella either last month or one before breeding allsorts of beddy x's in edrd

:thumbs:

where are abouts in the country are the dogs?

thanks