My New Bitch

Hello Everyone

After several books and hours of research I have taken the plunge and bought myself my first lurcher. She is 11 weeks old and is a Greyhound/Deerhound(David Platts lines) X Whippet. The sire is 21"TTS and Dam 29"tts and I am hoping she comes in somewhere between the two with the good thick coat of the dam. I want to use her as an all rounder although she will probably do a fair bit of lamping as this is where I am most experienced from my shooting days. I live down in Kent and am always up for any decent advice and help as I want to make her the best she can be. I am not worried about the basic training as I have always been around dogs its the more specific stuff I need to train myself with before I start teaching her and I dont want to put her at any disadvantage. I wanted to put up some picks but I cant get them on, I will try again later. Great forum by the way.

Thanks for the positive comments. A couple of things I would like to clarify, are dogs that are travel sick always travel sick or can they grow out of it?

and the other thing, when I walk her she walks tight to my left hand side mostly constantly checking to make sure I am still there, is this something that will change as she gains confidence and experience?

Thanks again, I have already picked up so much from the forum.