My New Bitch

Thanks for the positive comments. A couple of things I would like to clarify, are dogs that are travel sick always travel sick or can they grow out of it?

and the other thing, when I walk her she walks tight to my left hand side mostly constantly checking to make sure I am still there, is this something that will change as she gains confidence and experience?

Thanks again, I have already picked up so much from the forum.

the more you get it out with you in the car the better it will get mate and open the car window abit so the pup is getting air and it will be ok atb troter

post-62381-0-49555800-1306603956_thumb.jpg

I thought I would add another photo of my bitch.

I am so happy with her that I am thinking about getting another possibly a little older, thinking maybe a grey/bull X or a collie X so that I can use her this year and bring on the younger one for next season as I dont want to rush her and could do with a dog that has possibly had a little experience to help show her the way.

What do you think? any constructive comments appreciated.

shes a cracker mate, should be a handy x could be good alrounder that. i would not get another if was you, put all your time into her, key is to not rush her dont want her chasing stuff tills she mentally and physically capable of catching it, few easy bunnies to start with when shes ready!

Thanks for the positive comments. A couple of things I would like to clarify, are dogs that are travel sick always travel sick or can they grow out of it?

and the other thing, when I walk her she walks tight to my left hand side mostly constantly checking to make sure I am still there, is this something that will change as she gains confidence and experience?

Thanks again, I have already picked up so much from the forum.

just keep taking the pup in the car every other day or so. He'll get used to it.

my pup did that checking thing till he was about 6m, that'll go with time too. :thumbs:

post-62381-0-49555800-1306603956_thumb.jpg

I thought I would add another photo of my bitch.

I am so happy with her that I am thinking about getting another possibly a little older, thinking maybe a grey/bull X or a collie X so that I can use her this year and bring on the younger one for next season as I dont want to rush her and could do with a dog that has possibly had a little experience to help show her the way.

What do you think? any constructive comments appreciated.

when ever Iv run 2 pups on Iv ended up favouring 1. if your slipping and coursing hares its not a problem. if your going to train 1 its hard 2 is a nightmare then youv got to ask can you find the work for 2 lurchers say twice a week?

stick to 1, and you said about your pup perhaps being a slow starter, but whippets come on fast, a deerhound x greys slow and as youv got a deerhound greyhound x whippet it could go either way or i would say shell just be more like an average lurcher.

Iv got a 8 month old 1st x deerhound greyhound and compared to the saluki xs I breed she is slow coming on.