beddlington crosses

if beddlingtons as a working breed are so messed up then why does the beddlington cross still seem to be as popular as ever :blink:

Possibly because that type of lurcher suits the owners hunting requirements,also some people are willing to put the time and trouble into sourcing stock from a working background with a proven history in the field.Others will take whatever comes easiest and complain about the end result.

if beddlingtons as a working breed are so messed up then why does the beddlington cross still seem to be as popular as ever :blink:

Possibly because that type of lurcher suits the owners hunting requirements,also some people are willing to put the time and trouble into sourcing stock from a working background with a proven history in the field.Others will take whatever comes easiest and complain about the end result.

well said

Because despite what you hear from the armchair experts on here they can do the buisness ,only small dogs, unless crossed to greys , but hearts like lions. :victory:

Define small? :hmm: My beddy/whippet is 22" It seems they vary in size a fair bit. :yes::thumbs:

:wallbash: a bedx wip is a handy tool work them more than 40yers not for lamping 2 or 3 hour a night but thay can turn on a lsixpence in and out the thickest of cover and its all about enjoying the sport some like hot curry some dont same as dogs seen good seen bad but thats my opinion and before you slag me off for saying not for lamping all that time i cant see a bed x wip fetching 9 10 11 12 back to hand a night it will be f ckt then thay say the dog opening on the lamp then it for sale

i cant see a bed x wip fetching 9 10 11 12 back to hand a night it will be f ckt then thay say the dog opening on the lamp then it for sale

Mine does 5/6/7/8 a night on the lamp from the short walks I can manage about the fields here. :yes: He'd do more, the limitations are more to do with me, not the dog though. :yes:

HPIM1292.jpg

i cant see a bed x wip fetching 9 10 11 12 back to hand a night it will be f ckt then thay say the dog opening on the lamp then it for sale

Mine does 5/6/7/8 a night on the lamp from the short walks I can manage about the fields here. :yes: He'd do more, the limitations are more to do with me, not the dog though. :yes:

HPIM1292.jpg

I would guess by the picture that your bedlington cross has a bit of collie blood it it.

Because despite what you hear from the armchair experts on here they can do the buisness ,only small dogs, unless crossed to greys , but hearts like lions. :victory:

Define small? :hmm: My beddy/whippet is 22" It seems they vary in size a fair bit. :yes::thumbs:

Was really talking about first crosses mate, my old bitch was23 tts second cross though and game as hell. What dog doesnt get ruined when the show crowd get their hands on them, Still enough decent beddys around though. :thumbs: