ASPECTS OF HUNTING

A recent post on this forum regarding a guy who had a vixen rearing cubs in his garden brought out varying opinions as to what course of action he should take, whether to cull or let nature take its course. My view was to leave well alone as killing cubs just aint my thing. Got me thinking though are there any aspects of hunting that you do not like, for me as i stated in an earlier post i would never take part in a hare drive, a messy buisness and requiring very little skill as a shot. I know plenty of hunting folk who all enjoy different aspects of our sport, some would never shoot a fox they have said to me it would be like shooting a dog, fair enough we all have our own views. Whats your take on this subject. :big_boss:

Theres a few things I'm not happy with in hunting, but thats my choice not to partake.

The one, and possibly the biggest of all, that I just can not get my head around, is raising thousands of phesants, to release, and shoot :icon_eek:

It just seems so bloody stupid to be shooting what are little more than tame chickens.

Theres a few things I'm not happy with in hunting, but thats my choice not to partake.

The one, and possibly the biggest of all, that I just can not get my head around, is raising thousands of phesants, to release, and shoot :icon_eek:

It just seems so bloody stupid to be shooting what are little more than tame chickens.

But without game, conservation and keepers, there would be hardly anything to hunt,shoot or fish.

There are plenty of forms of hunting that i either dont like or wouldnt partake in but i dont beleive in telling others not to do it, hare drives always make me uncomfortable, to me it should of been a dog behind a hare weeding out the sick, elderly and unfit, allowing the best to breed, but now its illegal its irrelavent..............

So people tell me, cant really see it myself. Keepered land has less game, apart from chickens and partridge around here, as its hunted more, and the pest control is normally up to date ect.

I understand the conservation aspect, keeping areas of rough and woods does aid quarry, but an old rough farm without a shoot tends to hold more imho.

We will not agree on this, as im surrounded on 3 sides by shoots, and one side that isn't, and I know which bit i prefer to hunt on.

I wont be waving a placard or opening up there rearing pens, and really have nothing against what they choose to do, its their choice, you just wont see me on a chicken shoot.

Edited by Paid

i wouldnt like to hunt/shoot a dog even if it was feral,if i had to i would but wouldnt get any pleasure from it.

also shooting anything that can be taken with dogs is just a waste imo

as for shooting tame animals be they lions,pheasants or anything inbetween,that is particularly f@cking retarded imo.

Like i say different strokes, but to decry another mnans sport when the whole hunting game is f****d nowdays is short sighted, without the shoots where would terrierwork be?? Totally illegal is the answer, its all linked in one way or another and requires a look at the bigger picture :thumbs:

I don't have any problems with hunting in all it's forms but I have a real issue with some people who claim to be hunters.

Spot on. :good: Killing an animal does not automatically make you a hunter.. :no::thumbs:

I'm not really against anybodies desired form of hunting........some people are more concerned with killing than the hunting these days thats what I find hard to comprehend.

Same as and can not understand the desire to kill large numbers off quarry that cannot be eaten or sold with the exception of rats mink and grey squirrels.

I'm not really against anybodies desired form of hunting........some people are more concerned with killing than the hunting these days thats what I find hard to comprehend.

Same as and can not understand the desire to kill large numbers off quarry that cannot be eaten or sold with the exception of rats mink and grey squirrels.

Same again why kill without reason the only reasons in my opinion are for the pot ,vermin/pest control or money

Same again why kill without reason the only reasons in my opinion are for the pot ,vermin/pest control or money

You missed sport off your list, to me sport is the exercising of my natural urge to hunt. I often hunt a quarry that I dont want to sell or eat or is a pest, I hunt it cos I want to but the hunting is more important than killing.