the staff x shar pei

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there should be a visible scar on the belly mate

irrelevent fella, like i say they do not recognise the A.P.B.T. AS A BREED only type. so if your dog looks like that type, it can be taken under the D.D.A. a boxer x lab, staff x whatever, if the resu

Impressive comment mate - you should be proud of yourself????   Can hardly believe this kinda comment has been allowed to remain on this site!!!

Great looking dog mate, but, it is a sharpei cross and you use the words VERY GAME??? It is more than obvious that our definitions of game are very different. No doubt the dog is game driven or has a high prey drive but the sharpei is not a true game bred dog. I'm not being rude or slagging, but, that is really throwing the word game around way too loose. Just because a dog will attack vermin doesnt make him/her game mate. What happens when that sharpei cross takes what it dishes out?? Chances are it will pack up as it is not a gamebred animal such as the APBT, Gamecock, and SOME working staffs.. Now they are game and they define the words very game, not a sharpei... All the best mate, good looker anyway...

Great looking dog mate, but, it is a sharpei cross and you use the words VERY GAME??? It is more than obvious that our definitions of game are very different. No doubt the dog is game driven or has a high prey drive but the sharpei is not a true game bred dog. I'm not being rude or slagging, but, that is really throwing the word game around way too loose. Just because a dog will attack vermin doesnt make him/her game mate. What happens when that sharpei cross takes what it dishes out?? Chances are it will pack up as it is not a gamebred animal such as the APBT, Gamecock, and SOME working staffs.. Now they are game and they define the words very game, not a sharpei... All the best mate, good looker anyway...

well i know, i dont think ill even work her...keep her in the garden, she loves it to much looking after the garden, wudnt want to spoil her..she wont be quick enough for rabbits...and rats carry nasty diseases so ill just keep her as a family pet :icon_redface:

but shes not crossed with any sort of pit, only stafford bull terrier??

irrelevent fella, like i say they do not recognise the A.P.B.T. AS A BREED only type. so if your dog looks like that type, it can be taken under the D.D.A. a boxer x lab, staff x whatever, if the resulting off spring are of a certain type, and more importantly, kept in a "working" environment they are at risk,it's your job to prove their not, not theirs to prove they are, especially if your foolhardy enough to post them up on working dog sites. you also have to remember, that whilst he sits on the other side of the fence, mr butcher has been around these dogs as long as most of the "old timers" over here, and he aint as green as he is cabbage looking. all the wink wink nudge nudge, won't stop him kicking your door in at stoopid o'clock in the morn...

your once in sport...

yokel

• Like 1

i was of the opinion that shar pei dogs were originaly japanease fighting dogs?! wouldnt this mean that technicaly they are game bred dogs?!

I dont know for sure so i stand to be corrected!

nice looking dog anyway, hope she gets all the rats and rabbits she needs.... :whistling::whistling:

atb

Molie

Ha! Ha! Ha! that is pretty funny. Okay, unless you imported the sharpei yourself, from Japan, from a breeder who actually breeds specifically for this use, or know the knob that did, chances are it was not gamebred as they have not been bred or used for this purpose for decades only show and lapdogs. After the APBT swept through the fighting sharpei became a memory as they couldn't stay with them in the fastlane. Even the sharpei of those day was not noted as being VERY GAME as was stated in the original post they would fight but not extended periods of time as the APBT or gamecock. Now those two are noted as being very game, some deadgame. You knobs know what I'm speaking about, a modern bred sharpei, bred not in Japan by a breeder that still uses them for this purpose being game..what a joke.. Put the dog on something other than rats or rabbits and you will find out just how deeply game the dog is and what your feeding thats all I'm saying. I'm not having a go at anyone and I hope you fellows get the chance to see an animal that is VERY GAME, just once in your lifetime, and then and only then you would know without a doubt a breed such as a sharpei dont even belong in the same category. A sharpei that is VERY GAME!!!! HA!HA! HA! you feckers are funny. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We dont have that problem here but if we did Id be very careful about being to clever it only takes a so called dog expert to say there pitt types and your dogs are history so be very careful what photos you put up and comments for your own sake