Fen hares.

have a brother over in essex. he said, in january and febuary, you would be lucky to get closer then 200yds to a fen hare, as they are up and off and very strong?

is this true?

he said some look easy in the distance even with dog running to them, not moving, but as soon as they half way their, they are gone like a rocket?

watched some of them dvds in the uk and the lads were walking up to some of them, would they be early hares?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STAY OUT OF IT BAW !!!!

well dont just talk about it sort it i told you before,tell you what,tracyg has just had the special needs school playground frame burnt to a cinder,come here run yoour fn pony with ours our way loose

Lol........ That's you answered then baw, now walk away!!!

Posted Images

have a brother over in essex. he said, in january and febuary, you would be lucky to get closer then 200yds to a fen hare, as they are up and off and very strong?

is this true?

he said some look easy in the distance even with dog running to them, not moving, but as soon as they half way their, they are gone like a rocket?

watched some of them dvds in the uk and the lads were walking up to some of them, would they be early hares?

yep he would be right they are extremley fit that time of year i had a three quarter saluki greyhound out of very good breeding and has taken 5 out of 5 in october and november yet would struggle to get 2 out of 5 come january.

when running in the club i have seen a line of people walk over them and old bigears get up and run away behind the line quite often. also having to stop the line to get them to get up out of their seat .mind you woebetide anyone slipping that didnt give it at least 100 yds start and often more .

STAY OUT OF IT BAW !!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I've already been "advised" from the powers to be that someone has reported me, haven't a clue why, but I appreciate the warning :notworthy::thumbs:

Just to keep this on topic, i've never run a fen hare so I dont know :thumbs:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I've already been "advised" from the powers to be that someone has reported me, haven't a clue why, but I appreciate the warning :notworthy::thumbs:

Just to keep this on topic, i've never run a fen hare so I dont know :thumbs:

:thumbdown::thumbdown::big_boss: anyone ever run langtoft fen? dangerous as f**k :whistling:

Edited by northantscourser

But even in jan you can get a kick up if you are that way inclined...

Yep....I have photographed numerous hares within 7 or 8 yards all through the winter months. :victory:

Anyone wishing to see how close you can get to a hare in its natural habitat, should read Darcy's book," The Hare And The Swift Hound," the photos have taken the art of the camera study of our Native Hare to a new level, in short they are superb!

There are hares, anywhere in the country, that have to be kicked out of their seat, and there are hares that will lift 200 yards away; it's up to the slipper when to slip; if he is a sportsman or a pot hunter !

Cheers.

l had a bitch that could do 3 . 4 .5 up the fen in winter but down were l live she was shit and l sold her to a man who live that way he was happy and he siad to me WHY did YOU sell her and l told him she need big land were l live you need a dog with speed

l had a bitch that could do 3 . 4 .5 up the fen in winter but down were l live she was shit and l sold her to a man who live that way he was happy and he siad to me y di u sell her and l told him she need big land were l live you need a dog with speed

How many was she doing after xmas !?

l had a bitch that could do 3 . 4 .5 up the fen in winter but down were l live she was shit and l sold her to a man who live that way he was happy and he siad to me y di u sell her and l told him she need big land were l live you need a dog with speed

i experienced a few fen dogs not being able to put a turn on a rabbit here,ps see you never got back to me stubblebusher,lol

Edited by itsme

i experienced a few fen dogs not being able to put a turn on a rabbit here,ps see you never got back to me,lol

Dont worry ,if we re talking about the same thing ,i wont be letting you off the hook ! Fancy a few quid while we re at it ?