THE DOG OR THE MAN

asked this question a lot of times would like some coments i know yea cant make a bad dog into a good one but i think that their are a lot of men that can make a good one bad in a short time so dose it take a good dog man to make a good dog or can it happen by accident

Edited by speedie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think a wise man will know when to say thats enough !! beyong a certain point andthe dog will be busted especially unfit ones that stay in the kennell all week and go out once a week , and are expe

if its sh*t its sh*t .........keep it real fellas

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but you can make a very serviceable wallet! Not every dog has the makings of a world beater, but the 'also rans' will be good enough for most people who

asked this question a lot of times would like some coments i know yea cant make a bad dog into a good one but i think that their are a lot of men that can make a good one bad in a short time

what exactly is the question?

asked this question a lot of times would like some coments i know yea cant make a bad dog into a good one but i think that their are a lot of men that can make a good one bad in a short time

what exactly is the question?

hope that explains it

think a wise man will know when to say thats enough !! beyong a certain point andthe dog will be busted especially unfit ones that stay in the kennell all week and go out once a week , and are expected to perform miracles .on strong fast game ther is a limit to what flesh and bone will endure ..... how often do you hear it ,,,,,it jacked!!!..why?.

• Like 1

think a wise man will know when to say thats enough !! beyong a certain point andthe dog will be busted especially unfit ones that stay in the kennell all week and go out once a week , and are expected to perform miracles .on strong fast game ther is a limit to what flesh and bone will endure ..... how often do you hear it ,,,,,it jacked!!!..why?.

couldent agree more

Ive seen some supposedly bad or shit dogs turn into real good working dogs tbh.I think its down to the patience of the handler and the bond as well if your dog doesnt trust you then i cant see how you can work with it

AS THE COURSING GAME GO`S, MOST LURCHERS WONT MAKE THE GRADE, WITH MOST LADS AT THE GAME

SO LONG THEY NO WHEN TO MOVE STOCK ON WHEN THEIR NOT UP TO THE STANDARDS THEY HAVE SET.

BETTER TO SET YOUR STANDARD HIGH RATHER THAN TO LOW, BUT HAVENT SAID THAT THE TOP MEN

ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD DOG OR TWO AROUND THEM.IVE YET TO SEE A GOOD DOG MAN GET RID OF A BAD

DOG THAT TURNED OUT GOOD IN MY EXPERIENCE :thumbs:

Generally I would say a good dog man can get an extra yard or two out of a dog, many years ago a good friend of mine picked up a dog that had been abandoned on the fens classed as no good.

We new the breeding of this bitch in fact he had the litter sister and I had the brother, after some weeks of good food, exercise etc this bitch came good not saying she was a world beater but could put a good show on and was capable of doing the business.

The lad who had previously owned her (and dumped her) turned up wanting her back and lets just say he didn"t take her home

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but you can make a very serviceable wallet! Not every dog has the makings of a world beater, but the 'also rans' will be good enough for most people who want to get a bit of fun with their dog and put game in the pot.

It takes a GOOD experienced dog man/woman to recognise potential in a dog which has never had a fair deal in life. Also, a dog which hasn't been kept/reared/conditioned properly may have health issues (muscle, tendon, heart, lung damage) which will stop it performing well for the rest of its life no matter how good it might have been in the right hands from the start, and no matter how well its new owner treats and cares for it.

• Like 1

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but you can make a very serviceable wallet! Not every dog has the makings of a world beater, but the 'also rans' will be good enough for most people who want to get a bit of fun with their dog and put game in the pot.

It takes a GOOD experienced dog man/woman to recognise potential in a dog which has never had a fair deal in life. Also, a dog which hasn't been kept/reared/conditioned properly may have health issues (muscle, tendon, heart, lung damage) which will stop it performing well for the rest of its life no matter how good it might have been in the right hands from the start, and no matter how well its new owner treats and cares for it.

thamk you for a class reply

asked this question a lot of times would like some coments i know yea cant make a bad dog into a good one but i think that their are a lot of men that can make a good one bad in a short time so dose it take a good dog man to make a good dog or can it happen by accident

a good dog man generally knows what breeding he's after for what purpose and that makes life a lot easier for both of them, but also have seen very keen young lads with not much experience of dogs but have done their time with more seasoned men, get their first dog and basicially hunted 24/7 and produced decent animals,,but at the end of the day a dog will only be as good as it can,

hunting is just about catching game for the pot for me, far to many words like world beater and best of the best branded round , lads end up striving for the wrong things in the lurcher world, and when they come up against a problem they either off load or blame the mutt, its about enjoying the mutt for what it can physically achieve good bad or indifferent,,

A good dog man will make a poor dog look average and a good dog look great, but a poor dog man will make a good dog look average and and average dog look poor.

Both the dogman and the hound have their own limitations with the jobs they have to perform. Its not all about the hound or his master, its a bit of both.

Seeing a good dogman with a truely gifted dog is like watching a master of his craft at work with a quality instrument and its very rare to see.

Wisdom and dogmen in the same sentence that's an oxymoron

As me old granpappy used to say "behind every good dogman is a 12 bore and two cartridges :whistling: