beddy/grey

Iv got a litter of beddy/grey/whip xbeddy/grey/whip/bull if your interested just simething a wee bit different for what your looking for but a bit more fire in it.

iv got someone on the look out for me but thanks anyway :thumbs:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen a few beddy/greys over the years and none of them yapped though a few whippet/beddys opend up.IMHO the beddy lurcher can be a good handy cross in its own right but i have seen better lurchers [bA

There is some real good bedligtons still going to ground in the darkest corners of the shire black and White

• 4 months later...

I've got a beddy x whippet/greyhound pup.. 6 1/2 months and 18 1/2 inches.. cracking looking dog but just a bit concerned as to how big he will get.. sire was 100% beady (rillington strain) 17 inches and bitch was 23 or 24 inches..

anybody got any ideas on what they think he might make height wise?

Edited by BONGO123

had a heavily blooded beddy cross years ago[beddy/whip/grey never yapped mate and was mustard on the bunny lacked that top gear for hares but would have ago at fox but was just not big enough

well have to say fom what iv been reading on them,from what iv seen and what lads have told me the idea of owning one was short lived biggrin.gif re-think time :hmm:

Ask the people who say Beddy X's yap, if their knowledge comes from personal experience or hearsay ????? My bitch Delta is sired by a first X Heartbreak Fell Beddy/Grey, and neither she nor her sire have ever yapped and are both top class allrounders.

Cheers.

I've put loads on my first x heartbreak dog up in the past, never heard him bark never mind yap, worked him right up to 10yrs old still had a few nights out upto 13yrs old, he had it all stamina, brains drive, bottle. I run him into the ground night after night and he still wanted more, best dog i'll ever have, sadly he went missing a month ago tryed everything to get him back but no luck.

If anyone can breed one like him put me down on the list lol

Guest born to run1083

whilst on this topic did you buy that pup from chasetown in west midlands. he bred a litter that exact way and some of his litters from this year would be that old now, if you did don't expect much from your pup, none of his dogs actualy work and he breeds like 8 litters a year if not more and puts them in pup every season so quality is far from there. he had loads of adds this year on preloved. here's a few beddy x whip/grey pups, beddy x whip pups , also beddy x beddy/whip/grey pups plus beddy x beddy/whip pups and beddy/grey pups most advertised on preloved, now if you look on pets for homes what a suprise beddy/grey pups all bred this year biggest beddy x pedlar out and if he's on here pm me as I think we need to meet up

had a heavily blooded beddy cross years ago[beddy/whip/grey never yapped mate and was mustard on the bunny lacked that top gear for hares but would have ago at fox but was just not big enough

well have to say fom what iv been reading on them,from what iv seen and what lads have told me the idea of owning one was short lived biggrin.gif re-think time :hmm:

Ask the people who say Beddy X's yap, if their knowledge comes from personal experience or hearsay ????? My bitch Delta is sired by a first X Heartbreak Fell Beddy/Grey, and neither she nor her sire have ever yapped and are both top class allrounders.

Cheers.

Ahh..........but could beddys be like deerhounds, bulls etc?...........you either get the right blood or you dont?..........

Cheers.

Ahh..........but could beddys be like deerhounds, bulls etc?...........you either get the right blood or you dont?..........

Wilf; "Beddy X's yap". "Bull X's are slow", Saluki X's are thick", etc, etc; we've all heard the generalisations, but I'm sure there's good and bad in ALL crosses !! I would think that yapping, jacking, etc,in any cross is probably more down to bad training and entering, than the dogs breeding in most cases !!

Cheers.

Only seen a few work,

My mate has one of them first x heartbreak bred dogs must be 10/11 now, Bout 22''/23'' decent enough little dog for ferreting/lamping/moochen/ took r,h,f,d all singlehanded but never had top end really for hares and deer in open land if you wanted them regular but he is one for the pot type so didnt really mind Rabbits were his bread and butter and he was a decent little rabbit dog day/night, Fox he woul kill with pleasure see him kill many over plenty of seasons even at 10 he was still retreving them,

The above dog was mated too his Fell/Whip, And the pup he kept back out of that was pretty much the same as the sire in height alot thicker set thow but id say he was better at everything than the sire but he died young about 2 half on a night on the lamp so can really say much more but he done the same r,h,f,d all singlehanded by 12month old

And iv had two myself Bitch out of phil kennels 23/23half'' decent bitch nothing speaical really but handy enough, And i had a Beddy/Gh xBeddy/Whip fast little dog but yipped on rabbit and was gave to a pet home,

And out of all the Beddy X's iv seen work the one only one that opened up was the last one mentioned all the other were mute,

Wouldnt mind seeing a few 3/4 bred types work with the bit more height and hopefully that bit more top end speed think they could be a decent X depending on how they throw in the wind department

My first beddy/whippet x grey was silent - never heard that dog even bark,

she had poor feet though.

My current one - beddy x whippet/grey, is silent up to a point,

the only time ive heard her bark when out - was because she was frustrated, she was playing chase with my other dog at the time,

when shes been on a rabbit - shes been silent, comes stright back to me if she loose's it.