beddy/grey

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen a few beddy/greys over the years and none of them yapped though a few whippet/beddys opend up.IMHO the beddy lurcher can be a good handy cross in its own right but i have seen better lurchers [bA

There is some real good bedligtons still going to ground in the darkest corners of the shire black and White

Were do you go for working beddie blood?patx greyhound the way to go. :yes:

Theres plenty of working beddys around - try the working beddy forum.

This site is full of men over6ft,who do10miles plus a night excersise with there dogs,and catch red deer 40 hares and uncountable amounts of rabbits :whistling:

Were do you go for working beddie blood?patx greyhound the way to go. :yes:

Theres plenty of working beddys around - try the working beddy forum.

This site is full of men over6ft,who do10miles plus a night excersise with there dogs,and catch red deer 40 hares and uncountable amounts of rabbits :whistling:

And your point is ?

Had a first cross years back, 15 years maybe. really good dog, handle foxes lamping or daytime, good rabbiting lamping dog. although he kept getting loose and killing cats on my estate, so had to get rid, to many people nosying about,. shouldnt have sold him though good dog.. if i was you id maybe go for either a 3/4 grey 1/4 beddy, or beddy/grey x beddy/whippet. alb let us no what you decide..

they are good and bad in any bread ive had bedlingtons pures a long time and worked them properly and had 1stcrosses thats worked above and below never yaped and had bedxgreyhound types mixed that would destroy most quarry and been great allround dogs way guts and no reverse at all but ive also seen alote of shit weak poor skinny things way no balls mostly at the rotherby shows :whistling:

phill haynes at poachers pocket

cheers,but definately no thanks

Whys that then watchman

Mick..

we all know what we like and although the look of a traditional lurcher can be appealing im just not overly keen on their working ability from what iv seen,now this does not count for much il be the first to admit as iv only ever seen three working the lamp,weather down to the dogs or the owners is not for me to say just not quite what id be after thats all,as been said good and bad in all types and from what iv read on here good genuine lads that know their stuff and work their dogs are more than happy with them but we can only judge what we seen with our own eyes cant we. iv never had a dog open up on quarry yet so perhaps the types iv had have just been that bit more forgiving to my inadequacies or i actualy know how i want my dogs bought on and have obviously done something right along the way never having a yapper , who knows, :thumbs:

Edited by watchman

Had a first cross years back, 15 years maybe. really good dog, handle foxes lamping or daytime, good rabbiting lamping dog. although he kept getting loose and killing cats on my estate, so had to get rid, to many people nosying about,. shouldnt have sold him though good dog.. if i was you id maybe go for either a 3/4 grey 1/4 beddy, or beddy/grey x beddy/whippet. alb let us no what you decide..

What happened too that 3/4 bred bitch you had couple of seasons ago fellah...?

old davie clark who owned abbey which was a bedxwhippetxgrey x whippetgreyhound she was 22inch and was a fantastic daytime haredog he got her for a bit off rabbiting and she was better in the day than night she was a fantastic hunter being honest you wouldent have got half the hares we did whithout her when took to the heather she done excellent on the whites and used to hunt allday in it and when a hare got up she still beat most of the dogs that were held on slips the wee bitch just had it dave went to the fens a few times whith me and she amazed a few lads down there to i remember she killed 3 down there and there was only 5 killed that day as i say she was top drawer stuff she lifed to she was 14 and only died 2 years ago i have fantastic momerys of her so has sam hedry jock brandon monty alick wilson b the kepper and many more evey1one that seen her run was amazed and she killed alote a hares for davie was out 5 times a week then as i say ive great momories of bedx dogs and have alote more to look forward to atb :thumbs:

thers plenty scottish lads and lasses on here ask a few if they seen abbey work or lucy and ask a few terriermen if they seen lucy and molly work to ground and on the lamp after a dig and her brother zack must have stumbled on all those roe deer the problem is theres liers who dont work there full bedlingtons proberly and thats were the problem stems from in the beginning a bedlington is a warrior and ive had a few my old molly the bed bitch was there when all the terriermen dogs were either f****d or done preban on all quarry in the digs my mate right now has the best fox dog ive seen at 20inch and is only used for that quarry i love all breads of dogs espeically if they do what they have suppose to have done for many years get the right stuff and its job done sorry about the rant may be c dickronson can anwser the question now old tery duggens past away we have had proper bedlingtons in scotland for a long time after all were of miners blood atb bobcat :whistling: i no the reply

There most manly I 8th bed now whin rest whippet grey and 3 quarter grey now and ranging from 24 to 25 inch Mabe not everyones cup a tea but suit us down to a tea come up il take you out for fox way fly on some bings

would love to see these good beddie crosses yet to see one thta i would take home offers there for an invited nite with a beddie half , be real nice

whinin another post you said the same thing about beddy cross i offered for you to come and see my we beddy crosses work or i will come to you and you never replied so im waiting for your answer you say you have only seen a few run so why slag them off all the time is it a fetish with you atb