Pups are on the way

Well she didnt she drank a few times not much but a little and she was eating again after we thought she was done and she gave birth again and poor little thing didnt survive.I didnt have a whelping box no didnt expect a pregnant bitch in the house till she arrived here and she did it her way and shes less stressed.We tried to get her to go in the crate but she wasnt having it

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Were you weighing them as they were born ?? No wonder she threw a fit most bitches like to be left in peace wile giving birth.

so to be honest another load of rubbish being bred from and the lurcher resuces are full as it is lurchers being dumped left right and center cull them now save the dogs suffing people may think its

Yeah well thats what i thought didnt want to stress her anymore shes only 14 months old and too young and naive for being a mum.Hats off to her shes doing a great job and the pups are doing great desp

That's what it should be like: doesn't matter where a bitch has her pups, within reason :whistling: (NOT on your bed or you'd be buying a new mattress LOL :tongue2: ) I've had bitches whelp in the wood shed, the chicken shed and on the sofa (it was very old and needed slinging) but as soon as bitch and pups are settled I move them to where they should be. My Airedale had the choice of two whelping sheds but chose the wood shed: then I moved them all when she'd finished. Make sure its a darkish and cosy place where she feels safe. Good luck with them.

Yeah well thats what i thought didnt want to stress her anymore shes only 14 months old and too young and naive for being a mum.Hats off to her shes doing a great job and the pups are doing great despite her having another 2 hours and hours later and only one of them survived :( The other was way to weak to cope i think but spent 20 minutes sorting the other one so we got 5 girls and 3 boys now

• Like 1

Well she didnt she drank a few times not much but a little and she was eating again after we thought she was done and she gave birth again and poor little thing didnt survive.I didnt have a whelping box no didnt expect a pregnant bitch in the house till she arrived here and she did it her way and shes less stressed.We tried to get her to go in the crate but she wasnt having it

did you get the dog pregant ?how comes you ended up with whelping bitch?was it a planned mateing ?

Shes a rescue mate she came in in this state only a baby herself and pregnant by a lurcher standing 26/27 inches tts not my choice dont like breeding dogs tbh unless theres a real good reason behind it

so what x is the bitch and did the rescue centre told what tied with her

so to be honest another load of rubbish being bred from and the lurcher resuces are full as it is lurchers being dumped left right and center cull them now save the dogs suffing :no::no: people may think its a bit hard but in the long run it saves the dogs suffering :yes:

• Like 2

so to be honest another load of rubbish being bred from and the lurcher resuces are full as it is lurchers being dumped left right and center cull them now save the dogs suffing :no::no: people may think its a bit hard but in the long run it saves the dogs suffering :yes:

a man/women who tells em as it is well said