Mag boxes

I've had one for years and whilst its certainly not a cure all, I know they work. I lie in mine (its built into a corner of the room now to save space) and the dogs queue up to go in it. As far as I can say personally, it makes you feel relaxed, well and sort of warms you up internally, which would go with increased blood flow. Good blood flow to injured, sore areas of the body speeds up healing. Very good for older dogs with poor circulation too. Damaged muscles have poor blood flow, ditto tendons and ligaments. BTW, I also think homeopathic medecines work LOL and you can't say that it is suggestion with dogs as they have no preconceived ideas of what they are taking or what they are doing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do as many searches on the net as you want fieldsman and read whatever you want to help you come to your conclusions which seems to be that mag boxes do not work. I on the other hand have gain

trust me i got the mag hound+spire when you use for treatin your self and it works theres no delt plus when ya mates av used it on there self and end up buyin them it says somethink. i use mine on

they are brilliant and help a dog no end watch how your dog runs to get in it my greyhounds rush and try to get in it all at once. and they certainly help to sort out any knocks strains or bunmps woul

You know what they say about a fool and their money being easy to part. Just consider a relatively cheap and effective way to treat multiple problems from breaks to cuts, wonderful it would be in every doctors surgery, physio dept and hospital ward but there’re not I wonder why perhaps because they don’t really work. Many claim they work but alas it seem common sense isn’t that common. Please give links to any British companies that are claiming they give health benefits such as improved healing and I, when I get time, will make a Advertising Standards Agency complaint to have the claims removed. Thankfully it is now against ASA standards to claim untrue health benefits for this type of thing and we will see a reduction in the quackery that has of recent blossomed into a multi million pound industry. The link below gives a lot more info with multiple links to evidence for those who wish it.

http://www.skepdic.com/magnetic.html

Where can you buy a mag box? :D

http://www.porta-mag.com/

LOL, I believe they may already be in contact with ASA and are likely to be reviewing their web site. There is usually a few months grace to update such things as the online controls have only just come into force. Maybe they can validate their claim of 50% reduction in recovery time but I doubt it. I expect they will replace the figures etc with antidotal stuff ie Mr Smith said it made his dogs better as a way round the regulation. I wait with interest to see how the ASA deal with these types of issues.

I dont think its unfair to say that a mag box increases blood flow which in turn encourages healing and a feeling of well being nothing more and IMO nothing less. A handy tool to be in possesion of but not a miracle cure for all ailments as some seem to think! If you dont believe in there benifits dont buy one simples :thumbs:

I dont think its unfair to say that a mag box increases blood flow which in turn encourages healing and a feeling of well being nothing more and IMO nothing less. A handy tool to be in possesion of but not a miracle cure for all ailments as some seem to think! If you dont believe in there benifits dont buy one simples :thumbs:

I really wish it did work but if you follow the links you will see that it does not increase blood flow and doesn't work. I'd agree that those that wish to should buy one if they wish it just that it should be sold/advertised honestly, after all if you buy a TV that says it's 3D and its not you would expect the ASA to stop them making such claims, should we expect any less with health claims, I hope not.

My old mate reload, I expect at least one misquote from you.

Now the majority of dog owners in the UK don't use a magic box so how can the majority say yes, they have probably never even heard of one and if they did would laugh at it when presented with the facts, so by far the greatest majority of dog owners don’t "say yes". Those that have one as they were miss sold it on falsity and those who believe in quackery in general will say yes but the rest of us say spend your monies if you want. The caveat is the companies should advertise within the law and not be allowed to make false claims about their products.

I would only add anyone with a vested interest in promoting pseudo treatments should perhaps let it be known. Personally I have no affiliation to any companies for or against quackery other than having seen first hand the awful results of such practices, how the quacks can lead those with real health problems away from proven treatments that really work.

edited but with the PM in mind.

Edited by sandymere

makes you wonder why top greyhound trainers bother to use them seeing as they don't work :icon_eek:

i'm not talkin about someone pssing about with a couple of lurchers i mean top greyhoundmen who use mags everyday

on dogs worth tens of thousands of pounds

if they didn't benefit the dogs they wouldn't use them its as simple as that

seems alot of people commenting on mag boxes when theyve never used one just read what some tail has wrote on net

I don’t really like alternative therapies but what’s the harm?

http://whatstheharm.net/index.html

Thank god some one with a brain so difficult to find someone with some common ,I do believe I read again on an official medical site that high doses of exposure to eletro-magnetic fields have caused cancer and tumours probably the warm feeling you experience good luck with your boxes your dogs deserve it .But as someone said why believe what you read on the web at least I bothered to research them before wasting money on one.If you think they work good luck to you.

makes you wonder why top greyhound trainers bother to use them seeing as they don't work :icon_eek:

i'm not talkin about someone pssing about with a couple of lurchers i mean top greyhoundmen who use mags everyday

seems alot of people commenting on mag boxes when theyve never used one just read what some tail has wrote on net

as iv said already just because "top Trainers use them" only means that they will "try" anything as they have the money and will have a go at anything.

excellent point about the fact that they are not used for humans in doctors or hospitals. :hmm:

Perhaps SKY CAT has the crippled and elderly cueing around her block to clime into her magic miracle mag box?

PRAISE THE LORD IM WELL AGAIN ! ! ! as uncle Albert jumps and knocks his heels together as he runs up the street.

It's not some tale it,s the law they don,t work it,s a fact if they did someone would challenge the law and change it.Providing facts that are proven they can,t they wont because no evidence exists try decca I,v heard that works your dog will run its self to death providing evidence of a better performance but only once. MAG BOX SALE NOW ON.If your quick you may get a refund on the one you already bought stating that it does not work as advertised.