dead wood !

CATCHER 1 A TAKE IT YOUR [bANNED TEXT] INTAE READIN BOOKS PERSONALLY AV NEVER NEEDED THEM LURCHERS IS AWE ABOOT DANE IT IN THE FIELD N GETTING KNOLEDGE THAT WAY SO [bANNED TEXT] YOUV FINISHED YER BOOK TAKE YER DUG OOT A GOOD WALK N TRY N GET IT ON

I can honestly say i have never read any books on how to train dogs.And bye the way all my dogs where out today. Did i hit a nerve :D

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand what your saying But if this animal in question has put its back out, gave all it had Everytime you were out then it deserves to be with you until its not anymore in my opinion

The way l look at it you have had your dog or bitch from 8 weeks old it as giving you some off the best days you can remember in your life. They always give you something to talk about good or bad an

last trip to the vets doesnt have to be stressfull if the dogs a worker itl be used to being in the back of the pickup just ring the vet and ask them to come out to the jeep and jab the dog there and

When a dog gets taken to the vets its knows whats going to happen. when the needle goes in they know what happening and its not nice. A bullet to the head is far quicker and the dog has never went through the experience of knowing its going to die. In my opinion its more humane, if it wasnt im sure by now people shooting animals such as fox in the wild would be using a dart gun to kill the animal because its more "humane" the only thing about shooting a dog in the field that people don't like is the blood

How does a dog going to the vets know whats going to happen?Not like he's been there before to be pts please explain

if you really have to ask that question, then you know nowt about dogs

In my experience there's nothing worse than going out back to get ye young fit healthy dogs to take them out, and having to look old faithful in the eyes knowing he or she knows your off out while theyre stuck in :thumbdown: once your dogs too old to work ye should do the right thing and pts.jmo.

Ps I'd also like to add keeping an old smashed up dog is a liability these days,it's just a charge sheet waiting to happen,if the dog has no use why keep it?

What happens if you've got a 5 year old that's "smashed up" a dog in its prime?

NAW MATE YE DIDNY HIT A NERVE IS THIS THE [bANNED TEXT] TIME A YEAR FUR YOUR DUGS TRY TAKEN THEM OOT IN THE WINTER ITS A BIT HARDER N FAIRER BUT A SUPPOSE SUMCUNTS GOT TAE DAE THE SUMMER THING :nono:

Unlike some wath my dogs do or dont is between me and a few friend.Dont feel the need to tell the world.:no:

In my experience there's nothing worse than going out back to get ye young fit healthy dogs to take them out, and having to look old faithful in the eyes knowing he or she knows your off out while theyre stuck in :thumbdown: once your dogs too old to work ye should do the right thing and pts.jmo.

Ps I'd also like to add keeping an old smashed up dog is a liability these days,it's just a charge sheet waiting to happen,if the dog has no use why keep it?

Well my friend if you read the thread it says past it's sell by,if it's only five well it's still got it's uses I'd say, so ye would keep it :thumbs:

It was the charge sheet coment ok my bad :thumbs:

NAW MATE YE DIDNY HIT A NERVE IS THIS THE [bANNED TEXT] TIME A YEAR FUR YOUR DUGS TRY TAKEN THEM OOT IN THE WINTER ITS A BIT HARDER N FAIRER BUT A SUPPOSE SUMCUNTS GOT TAE DAE THE SUMMER THING :nono:

Unlike some wath my dogs do or dont is between me and a few friend.Dont feel the need to tell the world.:no:

what translator are you using mate, coz am f****d if i no what he's saying 4 post and i still dont no ? ?

i need this asap mate coz he could be saying something meaningful and deep i just wont know?

Well my friend if you read the thread it says past it's sell by,if it's only five well it's still got it's uses I'd say, so ye would keep it :thumbs:

It was the charge sheet coment ok my bad :thumbs:

well it's worth the risk if it's still getting worked :thumbs:

This thread has come at quite an appropriate time to me. I've decided to retire my oldest (and first) working JRT - she's 8 now (in avatar) -= I was going to ask about when a dog has had enough - shes' never jacked, still doesnt' but I think its time for her to have a well deserved rest, so she is dead wood so to speak. This terrier has worked hard and always given me 100%, I have loyalty to her to give her a good comfortable retirement, guess theres a line of thought that its cruel if I'm still not working her th way she's used to??? but much crueler in my eyes to ship her off somewhere or pts after the good times we've had - maybe a bit sentimental eh??

There is no right way - each to their own.

• Like 1

ha i cant be ars*d trying to put my view across anymore, as they say agree to disagree

Yeah? Can't be arsed mate cause you've been speaking a pile of f*****g shit!!! How the hell does a dog know it's going to die when you take it to the vest to be put to sleep. That's totally ridiculous. It's been there for innoculations, boosters and to have injuries dealt with involving needles and did it die then? No it didn't so that's a crock of shit.

I"ve put older dogs down in the past and yes I"ve done it myself, was it right well in hindsight a few probably not but it was done quickly and painlessly with the dog not knowing what was coming.

Nowadays I"m a bit older myself and looking forward hoping for a retirement in peace and good health and as I type this my 14 year old vizla who really is pretty much fecked but who has given me his all in years past is having a wander in the garden, he"s not in any pain and to be honest he"s earned his retirement.

Must be an age thing because nowadays I think all my dogs as they grow older will have and deserve there place by the harth.

• Like 1

in my eyes if it was a real good dog your keep it till it died but if it was a average do ya get rid of it when its past its sellbuy date ?

thats the way to be Im affraid, A bad or retierd dog takes as much room and food as a good one, if you look on them as a pet thats diffrent all together.

I understand what your saying But if this animal in question has put its back out, gave all it had Everytime you were out then it deserves to be with you until its not anymore in my opinion :thumbs:

it deserves a good home, but you dont have to keep it yourself.

I will do my upmost to re home a trier :thumbs:

Good posts. :thumbs:

ha i cant be ars*d trying to put my view across anymore, as they say agree to disagree

Yeah? Can't be arsed mate cause you've been speaking a pile of f*****g shit!!! How the hell does a dog know it's going to die when you take it to the vest to be put to sleep. That's totally ridiculous. It's been there for innoculations, boosters and to have injuries dealt with involving needles and did it die then? No it didn't so that's a crock of shit.

I think there's an element of truth in what sighthound said, when I took my mastiff to be pts in November (due to kidney failure) he definitely knew something wasn't right and he'd been to the vets loads of times in the best for jabs and arthritis checks. I think they know something is wrong by the body language and stress of the owner more than anything else. He was the most placid and friendly dog with people I've ever had but when the vet tried to inject him for the final time he went for the vet, but like I say I'm pretty sure it was because I was distressed more than anything else.

I'm bringing on my first lurcher pup at the moment, and it doesn't matter how she turns out she's staying with me for life, simple. So I guess it's my responsibility to make sure she turns out a good un, for my own sake :thumbs: