pure strains of bedlington

Just wondering do the kc show type work or is it just certain strains of. Workers that work well I've heard and read a mixed bag of comments about these dogs any comments or people with experience with both show and non show strains.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all KC furrball bedlingtons should be shot along with there owners all a bunch of tossers

i think there is a small group of deicated beddy followers that breed a good working strain. The KC bunch are a total embarressment as with any other breed they ruin   Edit to say by working strain

Saw a dog brought into Ireland in the late 70's, dark blue in colour called "Flint'. I believe he was from a working strain in the north of England. He was a powerful looking dog must have been clos

Posted Images

Just wondering do the kc show type work or is it just certain strains of. Workers that work well I've heard and read a mixed bag of comments about these dogs any comments or people with experience with both show and non show strains.

seen a guy walking a beddy pup about here the other day there think it came from a breeder in falkirk he said nice wee pup :thumbs:

i think there is a small group of deicated beddy followers that breed a good working strain. The KC bunch are a total embarressment as with any other breed they ruin

Edit to say by working strain i mean digging dogs, not messing with rabbits

Edited by OldNog
  • Like 1

Saw a dog brought into Ireland in the late 70's, dark blue in colour called "Flint'.

I believe he was from a working strain in the north of England.

He was a powerful looking dog must have been close in type to what the old bedlington looked like. (not the show type)

The guy who had him was a very experienced terrierman, he had a yard which included some good terriers.

This dog never showed any interest in the field and no amount of patience helped.

I know you can not judge a breed by seeing one terrier, but it left a bad impression.

IMO the show type is not a terrier.

More of a Whippet cross.

post-42222-0-39048900-1302121113_thumb.jpgpost-42222-0-68742400-1302121169_thumb.jpg

I believe there are some strong Bedlngton's owned by people on this site.

They probably can give you a better idea of there abilities.

ATB :thumbs:

• Like 1

Im with p3d on this one,bought a bedlington from a supposed yard of workers,early nineties,it was the biggest of time and money ive ever spent,it had no inclination to work at all.I suppose there will be some lads who graft them but i wouldnt bother with one again because of the dog i had.

KC bred Beddys have no place alongside their working equivalent,if the owners of these so called working parents cannot prove their terriers credentials in the field then walk quickly away,there are more decent Beddy's about now,as with other type terriers there's a lot of peddlars and chancer's about.

Im with p3d on this one,bought a bedlington from a supposed yard of workers,early nineties,it was the biggest of time and money ive ever spent,it had no inclination to work at all.I suppose there will be some lads who graft them but i wouldnt bother with one again because of the dog i had.

We also got one across about 16year ago.All i can remember about the dog was we were told it was related to s statleys dog rambo oh and i remember something else he was useless.I seen it draw 1 fox,that was it.

all KC furrball bedlingtons should be shot along with there owners all a bunch of tossers

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::gunsmilie:

KC always ends up screwing the dogs, breeding only for shape and colour, thus affecting the temperament over time. They have destroyed so many breeds over time and turned them into lapdogs.

Mind you if you cross a KC dog out of the show scene once or twice you might throw out something interesting.

Depends why a dog is shown i suppose, some folk are proud of their dogs as good examples of a working breed - No problem. Other folk just want the £££ from selling pups from 'perfect' examples of a breed - Not good.