do you lads like cats

Remember those two lurchers that were hung over a bridge? What happens if the person who did it just really hated lurchers, was sick of seeing them about, hunting stuff, and one day managed to get them out of sight of their owner and promptly killed them in a horrible way. But its ok right cos that his call, cos he really HATED lurchers?

thing is with what your saying is no decent lurcher lad or lass will let there dog or dogs out of there sight,you go and ask a cat owner if they know where there cat has been see what answer you get,im not saying that its ok to go kill cats but it annoys the life out of me how they can roam so freely.

No decent lurcher lad will let their dogs out of their sight? You really think that? I suppose you only lamp stuff?

Yer it annoys me that cats are allowed to roam, but at the end of the day they do, its not something that gives you a right to kill somones pet. True ferals are obviously different.

i dont just lamp stuff i work daytime aswell but it only takes a whistle and the dogs are back nd i know where they have been.

Fair play, all i'm saying is there are a lot of folk who's dogs are hunting up on big, rough, hill land, where the dogs are often out of sight, at a pretty fair distance for periods of time, and there's no point whistling them back when you can't see them, cos they are doing what they are bred for. Obviously you need to know your land. But they could def come into contact with someone, a hill walker or whatever.

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you read a thread like this it makes you sad as a genuine hunter because it makes you realise that the tools in the game now will ensure that the ban never gets lifted...

that tree looked shake able

You obviously know nothing about cats ! I've seen one of the best dogs laid up after tackling, and killing, a cat !! An old bloke said "f**k cats !! A fox has teeth, but a cat has teeth AND claws " !

if your dog kills a cat in your garden would you get done

No, one of my dogs got loose one day and entered someones garden up the lane and killed their cat in the porch!...police where called and despite there insistence dog be put to sleep (was never happening) the police said there is no case to answer in this scenario. The worst thing was a couple of months later while I was away from home working, kids let dog out to play with it, and it ran up the lane to the very same house and killed their remaining cat :icon_redface: . again no prosecution, needless to say the owners havnt spoken with us since. Personally I dont mind cats too much, what I dont like about them is their sensless killing of young birds in the spring.

Remember those two lurchers that were hung over a bridge? What happens if the person who did it just really hated lurchers, was sick of seeing them about, hunting stuff, and one day managed to get them out of sight of their owner and promptly killed them in a horrible way. But its ok right cos that his call, cos he really HATED lurchers?

thing is with what your saying is no decent lurcher lad or lass will let there dog or dogs out of there sight,you go and ask a cat owner if they know where there cat has been see what answer you get,im not saying that its ok to go kill cats but it annoys the life out of me how they can roam so freely.

No decent lurcher lad will let their dogs out of their sight? You really think that? I suppose you only lamp stuff?

Yer it annoys me that cats are allowed to roam, but at the end of the day they do, its not something that gives you a right to kill somones pet. True ferals are obviously different.

i dont just lamp stuff i work daytime aswell but it only takes a whistle and the dogs are back nd i know where they have been.

Fair play, all i'm saying is there are a lot of folk who's dogs are hunting up on big, rough, hill land, where the dogs are often out of sight, at a pretty fair distance for periods of time, and there's no point whistling them back when you can't see them, cos they are doing what they are bred for. Obviously you need to know your land. But they could def come into contact with someone, a hill walker or whatever.

fair point mate,thats why make a point of keeping fit so i can keep up with my dogs,where they i make sure i not far behind.

fair point mate,thats why make a point of keeping fit so i can keep up with my dogs,where they i make sure i not far behind.

I was thinking that today mate, i'm amazed fat folk can work dogs in the day, the amount of sprinting up and down and across hill sides to try and get a view of the chase, it'd kill a fatty. Still, when there are multiple dogs off hunting parts of the mountain and you can't see any of them, you just need to wait, listen and pray :thumbs: Usually they come back, either having worked the cover and found nowt, or sweating and panting from the run. If they dont come back, its dead or gone to ground. :thumbs:

Its pricks like use lot who giv proper working lads a bad name wat a bunch ov tools I can walk my dog up the street if he sees a cat acat he dosent want to pull my arm out ov socket u must hav well traind dogs wud hate to see them in a feild ov sheep wat a bunch ov bellends

easist thing in the world to break a dog to a cat, its just some lads chose not to for there own reasons. I admit if you want to walk a dog off a lead near roads it cant chase cats.

tools! thats a bit richious that.

True mate but kids round my way do it for a laugh and I think its wrong at the end ov the day. If people put enough game infront ov there dogs and caught plenty they. Wudnt hav to slip there dogs on a cat. To make them feel hard get a life I say. Put it in the feild where it counts fair does if your dog get one and kills it carnt be helpd sumtimes

Dont bow down to him! They are f*****g tools, simple..

Mate, you say "if your dog gets one it cant be helped" well you havent trained it proper then pal. Because if it gets one, it will get another! Sheep cattle or cats, mine would have a slug in its head, and wouldnt be around to do it again..

mate your talking some shit..... i read your earlier post where you said your dogs respect your cat....... do you keep your cat on a throne or summit and call him sir.., dogs respect their owners, thats it. the rest is down to training. how the hell do you make out that a dog will take cattle and sheep if he taakes a cat...... we refer to slipping the dogs on feral cats, ie. WILD... ie. PREDATOR, VERMIN. if a dog wont follow a cat he wont follow a fox, simple as, small furry thing with a bushy tail running down the fieldand your dog wont follow it........ bull shit, if ya into bunnies that fine i suppose but if mine didn't follow it then its time to start culling. a wild animal is not a pet. get real and do the right thing and slip on vermin where and when possible. your saving your sport in the long run keeping the numbers of these down.

So your saying that dogs broken to cats wont chase fox? :laugh:

im sayin it aint much of a lurcher if it wont chase one when its running away, i never came accross one that doesn't have a go at a cat running away down a ditch or accross a field and if it wont follow it then yes i would bet money it doesn't have it in them to take a fox, its alot different having a dog around the yard that wont touch the cat, it has been warned and knows not to touch it but out hunting i wouldn't be impressed wit a dog that didn't try and have it. are you going to tell me im wrong mate?

Its pricks like use lot who giv proper working lads a bad name wat a bunch ov tools I can walk my dog up the street if he sees a cat acat he dosent want to pull my arm out ov socket u must hav well traind dogs wud hate to see them in a feild ov sheep wat a bunch ov bellends

easist thing in the world to break a dog to a cat, its just some lads chose not to for there own reasons. I admit if you want to walk a dog off a lead near roads it cant chase cats.

True mate but kids round my way do it for a laugh and I think its wrong at the end ov the day. If people put enough game infront ov there dogs and caught plenty they. Wudnt hav to slip there dogs on a cat. To make them feel hard get a life I say. Put it in the feild where it counts fair does if your dog get one and kills it carnt be helpd sumtimes

Mate, you say "if your dog gets one it cant be helped" well you havent trained it proper then pal. Because if it gets one, it will get another! Sheep cattle or cats, mine would have a slug in its head, and wouldnt be around to do it again..

mate your talking some shit..... i read your earlier post where you said your dogs respect your cat....... do you keep your cat on a throne or summit and call him sir.., dogs respect their owners, thats it. the rest is down to training. how the hell do you make out that a dog will take cattle and sheep if he taakes a cat...... we refer to slipping the dogs on feral cats, ie. WILD... ie. PREDATOR, VERMIN. if a dog wont follow a cat he wont follow a fox, simple as, small furry thing with a bushy tail running down the fieldand your dog wont follow it........ bull shit, if ya into bunnies that fine i suppose but if mine didn't follow it then its time to start culling. a wild animal is not a pet. get real and do the right thing and slip on vermin where and when possible. your saving your sport in the long run keeping the numbers of these down.

lol, bunnies! Wont chase fox, hahaha.(and you want me to take you serious with a statement like that,!) You really have a lot to learn about stock breaking mate. And we werent talkinG about feral at all! They were talking about any cat! your a fecking kid mate. :thumbs:

• Like 1

let them out of there sight? Do they kip with them. They are the most stolen dog pal.....It would be a little difficult for them to be stolen if that was the case.. And mine often go out of sight for up to 10 minutes sometimes! :doh:

must of been the same lads i got on vid hung a cat off a tree and hit with bats till it was killed

how the f**k has this been allow to stay on! All the twats that read this, what the f**k is this place coming to, and making genuine hunting lads sound like!

Its quite obvious that there is very little hunt left in this site, with some of the comments being made! ie: Stock broken lurchers wouldnt chase fox! Its a fecking classic... And, Real lurcher men never let them out of their sight....etc etc.

what if your dog has covered a mile in a few moments over the tops!?

Absolutly spot on pal, where are these folk living...

So your saying that dogs broken to cats wont chase fox? :laugh:

im sayin it aint much of a lurcher if it wont chase one when its running away, i never came accross one that doesn't have a go at a cat running away down a ditch or accross a field and if it wont follow it then yes i would bet money it doesn't have it in them to take a fox, its alot different having a dog around the yard that wont touch the cat, it has been warned and knows not to touch it but out hunting i wouldn't be impressed wit a dog that didn't try and have it. are you going to tell me im wrong mate?

The dog will give chase to anything mate, yeah your right, as soon as it realises what it is however, it will come off it! I have seen a brute of a bullx which would kill anything(preban) Run down the beam at full toss, only to jib at the last second and pull away! It realised it was a cat! One slept in its kennels at home, and it had "respect" for them, hence it didnt kill it.. And might i add, the owner, who was a nasty f****r, was also glad it didnt muller the cat. :thumbs: