do you lads like cats

if they are in there own yard or own house, thats fine. if they are in my yard or out in the bush hunting, not fine by me. = fair game

So if i saw your dog in my yard or out in the bush when i was shooting you'd be cool with me shooting it? :thumbs:

i'd be with my dog when it's not in my yard.

so i think there is a difference between that and a roaming cat that's out hunting.

that and i'm not in the UK so i don't think my dog would ever be in your yard.

i keep my birds next to the dog pen to keep the cats away from em.

My only point is that is it someones animal, their pet, their companion, and whatever my views on that i dont think its right to just kill it out of hand. I am out with my dogs hunting, but they are often out of sight. If they run game and it crosses a land border then they will follow and might end up on land i do not have rights to hunt them on. If someone saw them there and shot them. . . .. i would go f*****g mental and be heart broken. Treat others as you wish to be treated. :thumbs:

Fair call, i get what your saying.

the way i look at it is, i have to be responsible and keep my dog from not roaming or i get a big ass fine, but cats can come and go when ever there owners let em. i'm not saying all cat owner, just a lot from what i've seen.

i'm a conservation hunter .i.e meaning i only hunt feral/introduced species to help our environment and try and save native animals from predators

dont get me wrong, if my dog puts up a cat, he knows how to tree em with out getting hurt. (he got a couple of good swipes off my mum's cat's when he was a pup)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you read a thread like this it makes you sad as a genuine hunter because it makes you realise that the tools in the game now will ensure that the ban never gets lifted...

that tree looked shake able

You obviously know nothing about cats ! I've seen one of the best dogs laid up after tackling, and killing, a cat !! An old bloke said "f**k cats !! A fox has teeth, but a cat has teeth AND claws " !

I have always liked cats but then can emphasise with those that has a cheeky moggy coming on their house/messing on their garden. My boy seemed scared of them and after having had a swipe from one (for no good reason) at a mates house is now a bag of nerves everytime we are there....that said we went out for a quick scout for bunnies this evening and a black feral one ran from outside the warren he was obviously watching too. Managed to call the whip off as he clearly just saw a fluff running and gave chase- I don't want somebody's pet hurt and now, even more so, I don't want a torn ear/scratched eye. In farm barns etc I'd much rather have a cat than a rat.

if they are in there own yard or own house, thats fine. if they are in my yard or out in the bush hunting, not fine by me. = fair game

So if i saw your dog in my yard or out in the bush when i was shooting you'd be cool with me shooting it? :thumbs:

i'd be with my dog when it's not in my yard.

so i think there is a difference between that and a roaming cat that's out hunting.

that and i'm not in the UK so i don't think my dog would ever be in your yard.

i keep my birds next to the dog pen to keep the cats away from em.

No problem mate, i think it's very different for you! Your hunting feral cats that are destroying your native wild life. Some of these bell ends are running cats in the streets, that clearly belong to someone! I think a lot of it has to do with being a 'hard man'. :thumbdown: It also hardly makes lurcher folk look good does it, f*****g up some wee girls pet cat.

My only point is that is it someones animal, their pet, their companion, and whatever my views on that i dont think its right to just kill it out of hand. I am out with my dogs hunting, but they are often out of sight. If they run game and it crosses a land border then they will follow and might end up on land i do not have rights to hunt them on. If someone saw them there and shot them. . . .. i would go f*****g mental and be heart broken. Treat others as you wish to be treated. :thumbs:

Fair call, i get what your saying.

the way i look at it is, i have to be responsible and keep my dog from not roaming or i get a big ass fine, but cats can come and go when ever there owners let em. i'm not saying all cat owner, just a lot from what i've seen.

i'm a conservation hunter .i.e meaning i only hunt feral/introduced species to help our environment and try and save native animals from predators

dont get me wrong, if my dog puts up a cat, he knows how to tree em with out getting hurt. (he got a couple of good swipes off my mum's cat's when he was a pup)

good way to bring a pup on lol, lol they fooking stink !!

what the f**k you on about! You'l ruin a pup mate, get a grip..

What plaesure does anyone get out of killing a cat. Its not big and not clever and definatly not hard! My cat is 20 now and has out lived 2 generation of dogs. And he is still the boss now over the dogs. They were brought up to respect the f****r. In fact so much so they will run everything else they can, exspect for farm yard chickens! This means i can walk my dogs off the lead where ever i am, and they will never bolt in the road to chase a cat!

cats are good rat killers mice killers and handy in rural ares but on the other hand kill chicks young birds etc so were do you stand , got four feral kittens a year old now never had amouse or longtail this season rat , which is good ,but we shall see if they play havoc on yong birds

It's also a good way to get a bad rep. I have permission to come and go as i please on a piece of ground that is about 700 acres. It;s good hunting land, and is keepered, the head keepers wife has a cat that will not run from dogs and only the other day he warned me - if your dog pegs my cat your gone. My only near neighbours also have some cats and currently they are happy with me using their land to get to my permission and hunt as i go, they didnt even complain when we sent a saluki x across their garden in hot pursuit.

for me its a double edged sword with cats :thumbs: i respect them as hunters but also hate the damage they can do :thumbs: BUT i f*****g love lions and tigers they are the best animals on the planet and they are still cats :victory: id love to run a cheetah on gazelle in africa im sure you would struggle to get better sport than that :victory: just because domestic cats are nowhere as big doesn't make them any less exciting to watch when hunting!!! people get pissed of with dogs as much as with cats but for the same reason :victory:

my lurcher pricks her ears up when i say "wheres that bloody cat" for a reason lol

But seriouasly if its a feral yeah they should be controlled or my fiance who used to be a keeper went by the rule that if the cat was more than 100 yards from the houses it was shot. Otherwise if its some old ladies best friend or not causing any trouble then i let it be.

There is nasty b*****d that for no reason sprinted towards my terrier and attacked him, both dogs as well as my fainces parents (i was at work) were gob smacked, once they realised what the hell had happened the dogs chased the bugger over the fence, lurcher just missed it, but if we see it again it wont be coming back

Its pricks like use lot who giv proper working lads a bad name wat a bunch ov tools I can walk my dog up the street if he sees a cat acat he dosent want to pull my arm out ov socket u must hav well traind dogs wud hate to see them in a feild ov sheep wat a bunch ov bellends

easist thing in the world to break a dog to a cat, its just some lads chose not to for there own reasons. I admit if you want to walk a dog off a lead near roads it cant chase cats.

tools! thats a bit richious that.