PDSA as bad as RSPCA!

I assume you have a crystal ball & know exactly what lifes going to chuck at you :laugh:

Insurance ? Being prepared ? Being responsible ?......you dont need a crystal ball when you have a common sense approach to things ....and thats all it is,common sense ;)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate to be the one that throws a negative comment in here ..... BUT ....... i fail to see why people RELY on the PDSA. Yes vets bills are expensive, but IMO the moment you decide to get a dog, you a

BULLY FOR YOU, WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT SITUATIONS AND IN TODAYS CLIMATE WORK AND MONEY CAN BECOME SCARSE, MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS MIGHT BE GOOD ADVICE FOR YOU.

Just to add, you might be young Hannah and not had your life turned upside down by trauma, i hope you stay lucky, but its not nice judging people whom you do not know as you have no idea of there circ

Dont like cowardish bullys mate, simple. Never have and never will.

Degrading another human over a public forum, name calling (piss taking over weight issues) mugging his children off???

All this amounts to bullying IMO.

Dougie,

oh ok fair enough i havent seen every post i didnt realise folk had resorted to personal insults...still not sure id call it bullying but i guess folk get brave on the internet and theres no need for it i agree :thumbs:

I make the fella wrong myself but certainly not about to stamp my feet about it,its just an opinion thats all.

Simoman its all well and good saying what if this and what if that......but the reality IS if you cant afford something you shouldnt have it,when that " thing " is an animal the only fair thing to do is give or sell it to somebody who CAN correctly care for it no matter what the situation.....dogs dont choose their owners and no dog would choose to be with an owner who cant correctly care for it,anything else is a selfish compromise in my opinion.

gnasher, i don't think its so black and white, for example what if i have a couple of dogs, they are insured and have been for years but then i get a letter from work telling me i am being made redundent, i still have the monthly bills to pay including mortgage, council tax, food, gas, etc etc, dog insurance ain't a priority. What if i can still feed my dogs fine, worm them, exercise them and keep them fit, the only thing i can't do is find a lump sum IF something happens, and if it did happen i would have to rely on a charitable organisation, if i loose my job should i give away my dogs IF they incur an illness and injury in the future, im afraid we will have to agree to disagree, life can kick you in the balls and to then lose your working dogs is a real kick in the cnut...........

What a load of shite this thread is turning into...if you need the vets take your dogs..if you cant afford it and have fallen on hard times then by all means use the pdsa...after all..thats what its there for.

• Like 1

Degrading another human over a public forum, name calling (piss taking over weight issues) mugging his children off???

Dougie,

oh ok fair enough i havent seen every post i didnt realise folk had resorted to personal insults...still not sure id call it bullying but i guess folk get brave on the internet and theres no need for it i agree :thumbs:

I make the fella wrong myself but certainly not about to stamp my feet about it,its just an opinion thats all.

Simoman its all well and good saying what if this and what if that......but the reality IS if you cant afford something you shouldnt have it,when that " thing " is an animal the only fair thing to do is give or sell it to somebody who CAN correctly care for it no matter what the situation.....dogs dont choose their owners and no dog would choose to be with an owner who cant correctly care for it,anything else is a selfish compromise in my opinion.

gnasher, i don't think its so black and white, for example what if i have a couple of dogs, they are insured and have been for years but then i get a letter from work telling me i am being made redundent, i still have the monthly bills to pay including mortgage, council tax, food, gas, etc etc, dog insurance ain't a priority. What if i can still feed my dogs fine, worm them, exercise them and keep them fit, the only thing i can't do is find a lump sum IF something happens, and if it did happen i would have to rely on a charitable organisation, if i loose my job should i give away my dogs IF they incur an illness and injury in the future, im afraid we will have to agree to disagree, life can kick you in the balls and to then lose your working dogs is a real kick in the cnut...........

Some good points . . . . BUT i think the issue here is, the man himself has publicly stated he runs a successful business and just found 2K for car repairs............. that in my opinion does not make him destitute/skint with no other options, it makes him appear to be looking for a freebie vet treatment. :whistling:

• Like 1

There is a lot of snobbery and common sense being written in this thread. No one is truely going to know the in's and out's of each others lives, unless you're friends and confide in each other.

Fishfish, you've done yourself no favours coming on a forum with that post. Hey, your choice and your old enough to make your own decisions, and people will comment good and bad.

I must be right, because I have read about this in the past on THL. :whistling:

And??

And what?!

And if your going to come onto a public forum and discuss what your doing, then people are going to talk/judge/discuss your business, everyone has an opinion and of course people will disagree, such is life ........... always makes me smile when folk get on about internet "bullying" FFS don't post, and if you do and don't like the response you get, turn your computer off ....... problem solved! :wallbash:

• Like 2

If the beg borrow steal option comes to nothing then it only leaves one option and thats to let the dog go.....unless of course your the type of person to " big up " the rspca/pdsa,make regular donations etc then crack on......trouble is i dont think many of us into working dogs have much time for the rspca !

What if i cunted you off morning noon and night then tomorrow morning turned up on your doorstep for a sub ?........to be honest i wouldnt lower my principals to do so.......and neither should this man be in my opinion.

We,ll agree we disagree :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
............. that in my opinion does not make him destitute/skint with no other options, it makes him appear to be looking for a freebie vet treatment. :whistling:

Everytime ive been to the vets ive gone to the cheapest available unless it was specifics. If i thought i could get a free vet bill i would have snapped their hand off. Maybe your different.

We'll need to agree to disagree here, i dont want to fall out with you or anyone else on here. Opinions are like ar*eholes, weve all got one, we just dont want to hear anyone elses! :victory:

Anyway, ive had enough of this thread, were all going round in circles! :laugh:

Everytime ive been to the vets ive gone to the cheapest available unless it was specifics. If i thought i could get a free vet bill i would have snapped their hand off. Maybe your different.

We'll need to agree to disagree here, i dont want to fall out with you or anyone else on here. Opinions are like ar*eholes, weve all got one, we just dont want to hear anyone elses! :victory:

Not dragging this out mate but can i just ask....do you donate to the rspca/pdsa ?....as far as im concerned if you dont put in you shouldnt take out.....and to think that owners of sporting/working dogs support and donate to that bunch of c**ts astonishes me.

............. that in my opinion does not make him destitute/skint with no other options, it makes him appear to be looking for a freebie vet treatment. :whistling:

No worries, everyone likes a freebie, me included, just not at the expense of the dogs wellbeing or someone in a worse position than myself, i'd rather pay my way, and work bloody hard to ensure that i can. :thumbs:

I too am over this thread, its been done. Over and out :yes:

There is a lot of snobbery and common sense being written in this thread. No one is truely going to know the in's and out's of each others lives, unless you're friends and confide in each other.

Fishfish, you've done yourself no favours coming on a forum with that post. Hey, your choice and your old enough to make your own decisions, and people will comment good and bad.

I must be right, because I have read about this in the past on THL. :whistling:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i think alot of the people posting on here no that there dogs probably wont get injured as they never run them :laugh: :laugh: vets can be avoided by breeding well and knowing your land well but thats another subject :thumbs: :thumbs: BUT if a genuine accident happens and you do find yourself in the situation where you need one then you will find out how much that dog really means to you :yes: if there is no doubt in your mind that the dog is worth the money then you will find it by any means possible :thumbs: but if your doubting paying the price then PTS a good dog is priceless :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Dougie,

Some good points . . . . BUT i think the issue here is, the man himself has publicly stated he runs a successful business and just found 2K for car repairs............. that in my opinion does not make him destitute/skint with no other options, it makes him appear to be looking for a freebie vet treatment. :whistling:

you was slating the guy before he put that lolguy puts ad in for sale section good working dog for sale 100% good recall etc etc

why you getting rid pal?

he just broke hes leg and cant afford the vet bills :doh:

seems in this life your damned if you do and damned if you dont