32 members have voted

1. 1. who the real men

• springers real man
    • pcp lazy man
    • or both

hi lads

thought i would see who uses what and why

here i go

i use a pcp mainly as you can fix a bipod,get max accuracy and cant be asked to use a springer in the cold weather

BUT

im getting to new springer this weekend so till then im a lazy man :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

come on dont be shy give us your selection and why

atb steve

• Like 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why set up a thread poll like this?   Marksmanship has nothing to do with the rifle's action.   It's all down to the human factor managing and guiding it all.   A 10-shot pellet string, shot th

Steve, if you change the post title to:   Whos the man, whos the boy and whos the wanker Ill gladly vote

Most men can spot a con easy.But a lot of boys fall for it.

Steve, if you change the post title to:

Whos the man, whos the boy and whos the wanker Ill gladly vote :)

your mad matey :boogie:

but who owns a different rifle and is a wanker.............to be continued lol

atb steve

Could be those who shoot C02? Or may be not :hmm:

atb steve

could well be :blink:

or gas ram :hmm:

• Like 1

Well I now have a:

Hatsan AT44 W10 in .177 with whisper silencer, this is the target and pigeon weapon.

BSA Super 10 in .22, carbine, factory silencer, leading to the question, did I fire it?

Webley Stingray mkII .177.

Mrs Mole has:

Air Arms S200 in .22 with evo, not a lot of silencer!

Air Arms T200 in .177 with some form of silencer, make unknown.

Crosman 2240 Ratbuster for scragging!

I went down the PCP route for easy hunting, Mrs Mole tried the gun and fell in love with PCP weapons, but preferred Carbines (her Diana 280 was a carbine). However she could not easily reload the Diana after the car crash, so that was sold to fund the foray into PCP shooting. Now got an FX pump and a 12 litre 232 bar divers cylinder charging system! All done with meticulous attention to cost as well! Current lamps are cree LED torches (mine £25 from Tesco dimmable switch unit), hers £14 from the Tool Shop, both 120 lumens max, mine dims down to 10%, these are held by torch mounts that fit onto the scope! Works ok so far!

Optics, I am using a Tasco 3-9x50 IR rangefinder reticle on the Hatsan, the BSA came with a Richter Opik 3-9x40 IT scope on it. Mrs Mole has a Tasco 3-9x50 IR rangefinder reticle scope (original fitment from the seller). There is an AGS scope on the .177 that will probably be replaced once it is serviced.

Edited by secretagentmole

Why set up a thread poll like this?

Marksmanship has nothing to do with the rifle's action.

It's all down to the human factor managing and guiding it all.

A 10-shot pellet string, shot through a penny sized hole at 50-70 yards is the reward of good, correct shooting technique, regardless of whether it was shot from a Spring, Gas Ram, PCP or Co2 action rifle. If the rifle, scope and pellet you have is not up to this task, but you know you are; it's time to ditch the junk kit for something better and befitting your skills to allow for your expansion.

Real men quietly get on practicing, perfecting and doing it with nothing to prove to anyone but themselves. They go out alone, hit some beautiful long range targets and quarry kills that no-one would believe anyway. They carry that memory all their lives and their rifles and scopes are invested with a thumbprint accuracy that raises them above the other guys guns

Boys bullshit and brag about it.

Lazy buggers go on buying and selling and selling and buying in the hope that, somehow, the next gun they get is going to be that special ONE alone that's going to solve all their shooting problems.

Er,,,No. The best of them is so much dead wood and metal. They reflect only the skill level of the shooter using them. Expect back exactly what you put in. And I'm not just talking about how much you spend :thumbs:

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 5

A 10-shot pellet string, shot through a penny sized hole at 50-70 yards is the reward of good, correct shooting technique, regardless of whether it was shot from a Spring, Gas Ram, PCP or Co2 action rifle.

Real men quietly get on practicing, perfecting and doing it with nothing to prove to anyone but themselves.

Edit to add.I have nothing to say for the lazy. Except to say expect back exactly what you put in :thumbs:

:thumbs: well said buddy.

ATB

Dom

im a lazy man pcp for me all day ive had loads of springers in the past when i were a lad lol thoroughly enjoyed them mind you but the silence and accuracy of the pcp does it for me i own and use a mk2 rapid7 and mk2 logun both 22 and sub 12lb

atb steve

could well be :blink:

or gas ram :hmm:

Then I'll put my hands up to being the biggest WANKER on this forum!!!!! :blink: I use both!!!! :laugh:

Please feel very free to keep your opinions to yourselves.....

A 10-shot pellet string, shot through a penny sized hole at 50-70 yards is the reward of good, correct shooting technique, regardless of whether it was shot from a Spring, Gas Ram, PCP or Co2 action rifle. If the rifle, scope and pellet you have is not up to this task, but you know you are; it's time to ditch the junk kit for something better and befitting your skills to allow for your expansion.

Real men quietly get on practicing, perfecting and doing it with nothing to prove to anyone but themselves. They go out alone, hit some beautiful long range targets and quarry kills that no-one would believe anyway. They carry that memory all their lives and their rifles and scopes are invested with a thumbprint accuracy that raises them above the other guys guns

Lazy buggers go on buying and selling and selling and buying in the hope that, somehow, the next gun they get is going to be that special ONE alone that's going to solve all their shooting problems.

Er,,,No. The best of them is so much dead wood and metal. They reflect only the skill level of the shooter using them. Expect back exactly what you put in. And I'm not just talking about how much you spend :thumbs:

Simon

lol nice one mate,

lazy buggers go on buying and selling and selling and buying hoping its going to sort out there shooting probs?

that hat fits a certain person on here?? ha!

also the boys bullshit and brag about aswell mate?

:thumbs:

Edited by pipa