• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't be proud of a dog that behaved like that in public, it sounds dangerous, not 'a laugh' and could make you look a right tube. Dogs who are stressed and don't enjoy the social side of these

good to see your not bitter lol

Any body who judges lurcher shows deserves a medal bigger than the town hall clock done it once only never ever again lol.

I have always wonderd is it realy necessary for judges to handle exibitors dogs as after all its only a show baised on looks.You dont see the judges in a miss world beauty contest groping and putting their hands all over the contestants LOL.

I have always wonderd is it realy necessary for judges to handle exibitors dogs as after all its only a show baised on looks.You dont see the judges in a miss world beauty contest groping and putting their hands all over the contestants LOL.

lay your hands on a dog and its a differant animal to what it looks like ... always makes me laugh how all the experts standing the other side of the ropes know better than you ...

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

very true, does anyone know why judges feel the dog?

very true, does anyone know why judges feel the dog?

you should be able to judge a dog better by handling it blinfolded than by seeing walking about ...
  • Like 1

lay your hands on a dog and its a differant animal to what it looks like ... always makes me laugh how all the experts standing the other side of the ropes know better than you ...

stig , i judged hundreds of shows ---- yours is the only correct answer-----touching them is the only way

HOW WOULD YOU JUDGE A ROUGH HAIRY DOG IF YOU DIDNT RUN YOUR HAND OVER IT COMPARED TO A SMOOTH DOG MATE CAN SEE ALOT MORE DETAIL ON A SMOOTH DOG :thumbs:

HOW WOULD YOU JUDGE A ROUGH HAIRY DOG IF YOU DIDNT RUN YOUR HAND OVER IT COMPARED TO A SMOOTH DOG MATE CAN SEE ALOT MORE DETAIL ON A SMOOTH DOG :thumbs:

Just by looking at it walk around the ring as i dont take lurcher shows seriouse i would just pic the dog i liked the look of.I would never enter a lurcher in a show one of the reasons is i dont allow complete strangers to handel my dogs barring vets but as they say each to their own.

Just by looking at it walk around the ring as i dont take lurcher shows seriouse i would just pic the dog i liked the look of.I would never enter a lurcher in a show one of the reasons is i dont allow complete strangers to handel my dogs barring vets but as they say each to their own.

:thumbs: BETTER JUST SITTING IN THE HOUSE THEN AND EMAIL A PIC LOL :thumbs:

you all take it too seriously in my opinion...I shall be entering my dog for a laugh this year in a show, she hates men and other dogs but hey it might be a laugh for others watching me trying to tame "hanibal" as i call tilly's alter ego.

she could look like a sack of crap for all i care as long as she does her job

I wouldn't be proud of a dog that behaved like that in public, it sounds dangerous, not 'a laugh' and could make you look a right tube. Dogs who are stressed and don't enjoy the social side of these gatherings would be best left at home.

• Like 2

stig , i judged hundreds of shows ---- yours is the only correct answer-----touching them is the only way

i look for a list of things in a terrier half of em you wont find without handling it ....

I judge ab's and can assure you that laying yur hands on dogs allows you to feel for substance and structural issues. Many great looking bulldogs have no real substance when you get your hands on them and weak back ends are another common problem.

A confident dog allows itself to be handled by a judge the fear biters back up and then lunge for you. Which dog would come out first from a dig?? In ab's f it's got a weak temp i dont place.

Anyone who can judge from outside the ring is a better man than me. Watching dogs move from side on, going away, coming in etc can only be done from inside the ring!!

At the end of the dog confirmation shows should place the dogs that best conform to a standard, if its lurchers then its strictly a preference....

I judge ab's and can assure you that laying yur hands on dogs allows you to feel for substance and structural issues. Many great looking bulldogs have no real substance when you get your hands on them and weak back ends are another common problem.

A confident dog allows itself to be handled by a judge the fear biters back up and then lunge for you. Which dog would come out first from a dig?? In ab's f it's got a weak temp i dont place.

Anyone who can judge from outside the ring is a better man than me. Watching dogs move from side on, going away, coming in etc can only be done from inside the ring!!

At the end of the dog confirmation shows should place the dogs that best conform to a standard, if its lurchers then its strictly a preference....

lurchers confirm to standard ?? imo a high one in what other dog is movement and structure more important ...

Most of the dogs i see win shows are dogs that deserve to win in my opinion it doesnt really bother me its just about having a laugh with your pals and fellow dog enthusiasts like simo said a dog worth what it does in the field who give a shit about a ribbon :thumbs: