Do You Let Any One Else Use Your Dogs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

would not even consider the idea,ok trusting they may be but shit often happens to a running dog and somehow feel i would hold them responsible,even if not their fault if something happened to my dog,

if i cant work me own dogs, ill give up working dogs

i agree with most, nobody works my dogs but me, my old man excersives them everyday and worked dogs since he was a kid back in the day but would never take off any of mine as the responsibility is too

I'm affraid not....Dont get me wrong some of my friends that I work my dogs with mean the world to me and I would honestly trust them with my life or give them my last penny but if they asked to run my dogs whist I wasn't there then it would be a straight no wether they liked it or not.

I have children that are into dog work aswell and although I let them have the odd slipp with my dogs when they were younger(whilst out with me) they were made to just come along and watch for a couple of seasons to make sure the job was for them and when this was established I bought them their own dogs to work on the understanding if they didn't look after them or give them enough graft then I would be taking them back and that would be them finished with working dogs whilst they live under my roof and up to yet its proved to work for them and me.

Just my opinion but if somebody wants to work dogs that bad then they would have their own and if they knew how much my dogs meant to me they wouldn't ask.

I know this is an easy statement to make and I'm lucky to have a large kennels so I always have back up dogs but if for some reason I didn't have a dog for a job I would go out and get another but would never ask to borrow somebody elses pride and joy.

ATB

• Like 1

the type pf ar4eas im hunt and the land i no only one guys gets to take dogs me its not a waldk down the park fetching and playing about , its keepers landowners etc i take my dogs only way, dont mind if someone wants to leash walk them but thats as far as it goes

When certain members of our digging team haven't been able make it we've taken there terriers out but we've always been more careful and not put them in the deep spots, but I wouldent let anybody apart from my dad take out and work my dogs, and I know my dad wouldent let anyone take out his dogs apart from me,

atb fd.

Agree when working another mans dog you are more careful.Maybe its comes down to trust/friendship.I also think a good dog will work with any one thats the dogs been out with often.After all the dogs a pack animal.:thumbs:

I have relied heavily on a few trusted friends when it comes round to aquiring a new pup, as they do all the nitty gritty of keeping a good strain of dogs going, wheras I just reap the rewards, for that im always grateful. I only spend about 50% of the year in the UK and so my 4 lurchers are kennelled with two friends, the dogs and my friends are well aquainted, and yes they will be worked while im abroad. I know they are happy as pigs in shit with their abode and routine there, and they crave work like demons so the more they get the better. If tradgedy unfolds whilst hunting, I wont hold it against anyone, on the contrary, as I know these fellas, and they are good hunters and dogmen whom I hold in the very highest regard.

there is only two people id trust to take my dog out my dad whos had runing dogs for 43 years and a frend off here only people id trust to put the dog in the wright place at the wright time and not just run them for the fun of it or at qurry that there not bred for :thumbs::thumbs: