My ".25 Ultra S/S Buddy Bottle Tench Special"

Hi guys, as some of you may have noticed i have a .25 Ultra Bull barrel and its generated abit of interest so i thought I'd share some pics with you :gunsmilie:

S5000334.jpg

It started off life in this form:

PICT2616.jpg

Since then the stock has been worked down and re-sprayed in "plastidip" wich has given a very nice smooth but still grippy texture.

A few stages of making:

Varnish has just been stripped and is ready for sanding

S5000294-1.jpg

Hung up ready for primer and bottle has been sealed

S5000300.jpg

Final coat of Plastidip has just been applied

S5000313.jpg

The stock is ready, now for the action! sign0151

S5000317.jpg

Full credit to Simon "tench" as its his genius that allowed the entire thing to be possible! :boogie:

The specs of the Ultra:

220cc air capacity

14" barell in .25 calibre!

Tench Regged

Guage fitted

And generally fiddled with!

Does 11.5ft/lbs with 20gn. H&N FTT's

Shot count? if i filled it to 230bar I'd be looking at around 300shots per fill :thumbs:

S5000332.jpg

Tell me what you think!

Phil :D

P.S Its not quite finished yet :whistling: I have a few more little modifications in the pipeline, shouldnt be too far off now, so I'll keep you all updated :toast:

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys fellas, I cant tell you how much it cost because I honestly dont know anymore! :icon_redface: I think in its current state its about £600

I'm fitting a longer Res at the front maybe, to give it an extra 70cc of capacity (approx 90-100) shots, also fitting a full bull barrel. And a few other little mods that are highly classified :D

It shoots superbly, "venomviper" or Shay has held it, I nearly had to use a crowbar to get his hands off it! It really does shoot very well indeed, the balance makes it just fall back into your shoulder, perfect, in my opinion :yes:

Phil

Hi guys, thanks again for the kind words, Si, I've just PMed you by the way :thumbs:

The Stock mods:

The stock was a Beech standard stock, the butt section of the stock was then bored out to accept a 200CC buddy bottle, with piping running through the pistol grip to the front res. I then stripped the stock with Nitromors, getting it down to bare wood, then rubbing it down with sandpaper until it was smooth to the touch even when wet. I then filled the slight gap between the bottle and stock with Chaulk, so it would give a cleaner line then covered. 3 coats of black undercoat were then addded, left to dry for 3 hours between each coat, then 4 layers of Plastidip were added, the 1st 2 very light coats, then next two were thicker coats, giving it a synthetic feel and rubbery grip. The Plastidip does not "run" like conventional spray paint, so the layers can be as thick as you want. I sprayed until there was a "orange peel" effect on the surface, when dry this effect dissapears, leaving a smooth surface.

Phil :D