lurcher and terrier together in same kennel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those that say 'wouldnt they just get on' - terriers are natural wind up merchants and altough not gaurenteed, it is VERY likely that at some point a fight will break out, over a chew, a bone, or

Never had a problem with a terrier and a lurcher in a kennel had more problems with terrier and terrier in a run,but i know my dogs temprements and would not kennel an idiot with anything,i find the m

what would people think about me keeping a patterdale with a lurcher? both pups?

For those that say 'wouldnt they just get on' - terriers are natural wind up merchants and altough not gaurenteed, it is VERY likely that at some point a fight will break out, over a chew, a bone, or even (and i've seen this) from the terrier just not letting the lurcher in the sleeping compartment or something equally as petty. At that point what usually happens is that the lurcher shakes the terrier to death, while the terrier inflicts horrendous wounds on the running dogs legs, chest, throat. Now it may well not happen, but if you come home to find that scene. . . . you'll wish you built another kennel.

• Like 4

For those that say 'wouldnt they just get on' - terriers are natural wind up merchants and altough not gaurenteed, it is VERY likely that at some point a fight will break out, over a chew, a bone, or even (and i've seen this) from the terrier just not letting the lurcher in the sleeping compartment or something equally as petty. At that point what usually happens is that the lurcher shakes the terrier to death, while the terrier inflicts horrendous wounds on the running dogs legs, chest, throat. Now it may well not happen, but if you come home to find that scene. . . . you'll wish you built another kennel.

I will second that.... and good advice to :thumbs:

I will second that.... and good advice to :thumbs:

:good: Seen it first hand- very nasty