coursin / trip wires

lived on the fen now 18yrs, several years ago between nov/march the farmer/keeeper always put up trip wires in some plough fields but mainly wheatfields though, obvoius to prevent peeps hare coursing an stop peeps walkin there fields. but i havent seen any tripwires for along time now. just wondered if any lads/lasses come across signs/wires or even had dogs injured becaue of this in the fields. cheers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would do something so cruel I mean 'kinell there are other animals about besides lurchers Deer, hare, rabbits and foxes come to mind surely they must realise these animals are at just as much ris

used to do it on a keepered estate near me.stretched cables over the parks and ratched it up so tight you could play a tune.horrendous practise and rather stupid of the keepers.would only start a vend

The law says the landowner owns the land and all game on it wild or released thats why you need permission from the landowner Y.I.S Leeview

i heard round my old way in lincs they used to put dummy hares in that were concrete inside and dogs would come back with bottom jaw hanging off etc, nasty stuff

ian never herd/seen that before, could imagine the out come of that though as you say jaw hanging.

tut tut pure evil init.

i heard round my old way in lincs they used to put dummy hares in that were concrete inside and dogs would come back with bottom jaw hanging off etc, nasty stuff

ian never herd/seen that before, could imagine the out come of that though as you say jaw hanging.

tut tut pure evil init.

was luky meself over the years that i gladly never had my dog become a cropper with those tripwires

but majority of the time there were signs saying beware trip wires, even so dam right crulty....

Who would do something so cruel I mean 'kinell there are other animals about besides lurchers :no: Deer, hare, rabbits and foxes come to mind surely they must realise these animals are at just as much risk of injury or death from these bloody wires :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Like 1

Who would do something so cruel I mean 'kinell there are other animals about besides lurchers :no: Deer, hare, rabbits and foxes come to mind surely they must realise these animals are at just as much risk of injury or death from these bloody wires :wallbash: :wallbash:

spot on mushroom, there is other animals to think about.. just wonderin if there might have been an incident involvin the tripwires which led to farmer/keeper from being able to carry on this cruel action, as not seen

any about.......

used to do it on a keepered estate near me.stretched cables over the parks and ratched it up so tight you could play a tune.horrendous practise and rather stupid of the keepers.would only start a vendetta if someones dog was killed.no good can come of this for both parties involved

• Like 1
Guest gonzalez

trip wires were used alot few years ago, gedney drove end, cowbit, south kyme,

found them all over the place, even the idiots that ran the forley cup used them !!

we used to take them down and carry on coursing.

never seen a concrete hare or heard of one.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. I can imagine the damage a taunt wire would do to a longdog, never heard of it before now, but doesn't surprise me. Keepers / land owners were able to get away with horrendous traps / devices all in the name of "Protecting game", which in the case of hares, whatever the law says, are no mans property, they are wild game.

Going further back in time but still on the subject, don't know if you guys have heard about the trip wire guns, (not alarm guns, but actual pistols, with a trip wire to the trigger)they used to be really common as late as the 1800s. and man traps marketed as "Thigh crackers".....makes you shudder.

G

trip wires were used alot few years ago, gedney drove end, cowbit, south kyme,

found them all over the place, even the idiots that ran the forley cup used them !!

we used to take them down and carry on coursing.

never seen a concrete hare or heard of one.

apparently it did happen, i was told they would put a rabbit or hare skin over a rock or lump of concrete think it was more for lampers though so when the eyes light up in the beam the dog runs full pelt at it, might be aload of bull but thast what i been told.