Advice please folks :(

Hi guys n girls Ive got 13 month old bull cross and while out on a walk the other week he got caught up on a barbed wire fence :( so I rested him up when he was no longer showing any signs of pain I took him out for a run and he ran straight into a tree and a branch stabbed straight into his shoulder. So my question is, is my dog just stupid or is it because he is still young? Any tips or advice would b greatly appreciated thanks all.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry but who are you to tell me that i am wrong. We all can have an opinion matey. I have a 1stx bull, also a 3/8 5/8. A saluki, and have had a number of other x's including both colliex's. For one,

Because they dont have as much inteligence as other lurchers. Thats why they were used, for the power yes, but also there fearlessness, and never say die attitude, brought to them with not being the c

Aye it seems Brin ain,t flavour of the month anymore,seemed like a good dug to me,a dug I wouldn,t mind in my kennel,shame really,

Hi guys n girls Ive got 13 month old bull cross and while out on a walk the other week he got caught up on a barbed wire fence :( so I rested him up when he was no longer showing any signs of pain I took him out for a run and he ran straight into a tree and a branch stabbed straight into his shoulder. So my question is, is my dog just stupid or is it because he is still young? Any tips or advice would b greatly appreciated thanks all.

just accidents mate still a young dog he will learn the hard way eventually :thumbs:

the lad that own my bitch before me has a photo of her wit a milk creat around her neck she has very high prey drive she wont even slow down hitting ditches im scared for her that some night she not going to come back up the field but thats bull x for ya

my lurcher is a little bit of the same numb and stupid when out with other dogs or ppl when alone with just me n the lamp is spot on i woud maybe say still bit young and nieve but if you fear for her safety go with your gut and dont slip her just give her some nice slips on open fields nothing to hard

atb lola_digga 2010

Its a bullx mate..You will have more injurys with a bullx than any other lurcher. Thats if you work them as much. They give 100% and fear nothing. Also they dont have the brains that other lurchers have, hence all out attack, or running at full speed everywhere..

As for picking its runs, a dog can get injured on a flat field mate...

it has,nt had the best starts ,just bear with it its still young ,but you could have suicide dog on your hands ,it which case its not nice watching thinking is this its last run or will it be coming home tonite,seen this on a numbours of accaissons its not nice

why do people think bull's have no intellgence?........

they are actually a lot more intelligente than most assume, feck in some cases they have made guide dogs for the blind!,

but back to the post any dog is going to pick up some sort of injuries when working, my young dog ran full pelt into a shit bin the other day! :doh::toast: (broad daylight)

try training it to sit stay or even retreve,yes it can be done with a bullx even at the age it is,It will still try that hard to please that it hurts its self,they are a bit like the shark called bruce off finding nemo,best i can explain them, nd can calm down later or find there feet better,but for now dont lose faith in it,,better to burn out than fade away nd never try,sorry about the cartoon lads but the kids made me watch it honest,, :thumbs:

Cheers guys thanks for all the replys hes a bull/greyxcollie/grey he does everything I ask of him [bANNED TEXT] I'm out workin he sits n stays till I call him n marks brilliant and is learnin on the lamp it's just when he's lose and playin with the other dogs he picks up a sent and he's off. Thanks again

ALRIGHT MATE HES YOUNG YET AND HE WILL STILL BE A BUBBLE NUT.

NO BE LONG COOLING HIS JETS NEXT 8MTHS WILL BE A TELLING TIME JUST KEEP ON HIM AND HIS RECALL/BULLXS ARE BULLXS CAN BE A BIT OF A LIABILITY ON OCCASION.MY DOG WAS A BIT FULL HARDY AT THAT AGE JUST PATIENCE.:thumbs:

ALL THE LUCK.

Guest hairybush

why do people think bull's have no intellgence?........

they are actually a lot more intelligente than most assume, feck in some cases they have made guide dogs for the blind!,

but back to the post any dog is going to pick up some sort of injuries when working, my young dog ran full pelt into a shit bin the other day! :doh::toast: (broad daylight)

Because they dont have as much inteligence as other lurchers. Thats why they were used, for the power yes, but also there fearlessness, and never say die attitude, brought to them with not being the cleverest dogs, simple really. Just as an insite, how many different lurchers and what breeds have you worked along side a bullx, and how many bullx have you worked with. As the assumption cant really be made by watching just one dog, say a 3/8 5/8. They all need to be studied, and anybody who has put this into practise, will surely have come up with the fact, that a bullx(no matter which kind) arent as inteligent as another lurcherx, ie, collie, beddy, etc.

No body said that they all arent inteligent, and nobody said that they didnt have any inteligence at all, just that they werent as clever. their are always exceptions, which ever walk of life you take.

• Like 1

I think its just there prey drive there no stupid we where out with two other dogs taking turns lamping and ours was the only bitch following the rabbits into cover and picking them up .

The only dogs i've seen that can analyse something and figure out a solution have all been bull x's, my main reason for using this type is their brains and eagerness to learn.

They do tend to want to get things done, no matter what the consequences, which i think makes people confuse that behaviour with lack of brains. You do get dumb bullies, dumb collies in just the same way you get dumb dog owners :yes:

Your dog is at that daft stage, got the brains of an adolescent with a powerfull body and hunting desire. The truth is the more he gets wrong the more he will learn from it, training will also go a long way to prevent anything you can forsee might be a harrard :thumbs: