hello guys

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the site josh, you'll get loads of pcp knowledge from these lads, and with your dad helping you along i should think youre gonna be an excellent shooter, just what the sport needs :thumbs:

simon, there was no way he'd have been mistaken for collie- for starters his spelling's too good...

cheers, wurz

welcome to the site young Sir.

how nice it is to hear a well spoken well mannerd young lad. (and your spellings better than mine) :icon_redface:

you have a wonderfull teacher in your farther,i'm confident you will go far in the sport and make a very good hunter.

a warm welcome from me and enjoy the site.

atb

Andy

ps Simon you should be a proud man..

hi ya josh

i love the write ups your dad does and the info is great i like springers myself josh they are cracking guns i cant fault them at all and trust me i have had lots of them my son brenden is 10 and he was shown by me how to use springers first and now he uses a tench reg'd ultra 177 they are small enough to use at your age and younger plus older people to very easy to use and very comfy to shoot buddy

again the air arms s200 very easy gun very light to. springers tend to be on the heavy side but i am sure your dad will help you to choose the right gun :thumbs:

and welcome to the THL matey i hope you enjoy your stay on here josh

shay

Thank you indeed Shay.

You are pretty much on the money for a rifle for Josh. I was thinking of an AA S200 or Tench reg'd BSA Ultra. He's not a big lad for his age, about 5ft 5in, yet, he will pick up my hefty spring rifles, like my HW80 that dwarf him and he'll shoot away with it till sundown. He instinctively adopts a pleasingly correct hold with a spring rifle when he picks one up and I think he will be right at home with shooting a pcp accurately well.

hi ya simon

i had the same with brenden i went through that many guns as he is a left hander and i was trying to teach him to shoot left handed so it was hard for me to do that as i am right handed but got there in the end he now shoots right handed and he feels right at home shooting like that so after all that then the guns he settled for a reg'd ultra 177 so he is happy as i'm sure josh will be to i think as you have done the same as me and got them off on the right foot (springers) then adopting the correct hold on most guns will come in natural :thumbs: the s200 are very light and easy to use buddy as for the ultra's the hornet is a little bigger than the ultra so if he is still liking the ultra but just wants something bigger later on the hornet would work or the T10 reg'd scorpions nice and easy gun again and reg'd you wont go far wrong simon i think josh having a dad that would like to see him using the right gun he wont go far wrong either buddy

shay

Hello everyone, I'm Josh, i am 14 years of age and i am really fond of shooting.I have experiance of shooting with my old man Simon (PianoMan). I have joined purposely to listen to how you guys get on with shooting and what guns you would recomend for a lad of my age. I am not hear for a giggle i am hear purposely for my own good and knowledge on shooting. Dad is an ex R.A.F regiment sniper and instructer and an amazing shooter and target expert but, he has very strict guidelines on shooting correctly with spring air rifles. I would like to know more about pre-charged pnuematics from you guys who own and shoot them.

It will be nice to hear your feedback on this

best wishes to everyone from josh

hi josh

welcome to the mad house :thumbs:

i shall start by saying what's ya budget?

would you like a Springer ? or a PCP ?

don't think there is any need to give you advise on how to shoot, as your father has :thumbs:

if you can try a place that will let you try before you buy :thumbs:

there is one down here but a bit far for you's to travel,or wait till the meet and try several :thumbs:

you might want to have a look on Amazon,they have some really good air gun books and at a fair price :thumbs:

then you can have some more home work to do :tongue2:

let us know what you decide to choose

regards

Davy

Hi Josh you are the same age as me (if we swap my numbers round). Glad to see you are taking up the sport and I am sure your dad will advise you what to get! Me I am old fashioned, I prefer springers and I am at the cheaper end of the market. The most expensive gun the wife and I own is a Diana 280 TO6. Personally I have a Hatsan 60S for field work and a Webley Stingray for target shooting.

As I have no experience of PCPs I don't think my opinions would count for much but best of luck, good shooting and keep us all updated. To think, when I was 14 I was walking behind combines in a field with a big stick...