British people

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing is we4 are all proud of our own nationalities but at the end of the day we ARE British, i dont think we should be highlighting our differences and creating division at a time when we realy d

I consider myself British, that's what I identify myself as. But my roots go back to Ireland which I would never deny.     By Blood you'd be Half English, quarter Welsh quarter Irish. You are what

And that's a very good point that so many folks seem to miss....   I'm half Irish by blood and I love going to Ireland but I was born and bred in England so that's what I'd class myself as.   I ma

I'm sure Britain was only called Great Britain or Greater Britain after the union with the Scottish and English Kingdoms. Greater meaning Bigger than it previously was, Not because of how good we were at slaughtering everyone else and showing how Great we were by building a massive Empire.

I think it was Gay boy James VI Scotland and I of England who was the first Monarch of Greater Britain. I think it was also him that stopped common people Hunting Deer with Greyhounds.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong lol.

I'm sure Britain was only called Great Britain or Greater Britain after the union with the Scottish and English Kingdoms. Greater meaning Bigger than it previously was, Not because of how good we were at slaughtering everyone else and showing how Great we were by building a massive Empire.

I think it was Gay boy James VI Scotland and I of England who was the first Monarch of Greater Britain. I think it was also him that stopped common people Hunting Deer with Greyhounds.

we cant be entirely blamed for empire building fell.most european nations were at it,and if the french had there way,we would have been talking french today.im just glad we had the balls and the excellent military to stop all the rest dead in thier tracks.I said we did commit our fair share of attrocities,however you cant deny we gave the world a lot of good things aswell.christ we invented some of the best inventions which are still used today.got to say for the population of scotland it amazed me at what we actually invented.the world will never see an empire as big again.oh and i think that is a good thing btw.however still dont take away the fact we as a tiny island,had 550million people under the empire.like it or not was some achievment :thumbs:

Correction time... :whistling::laugh:

Great Britain is merely the name of the island that contains Wales, Scotland and England. It's called 'Great' or 'Greater' Britain because it's by far the largest island in the archipelago which is collectively known as the British Isles. (Or Great Britain & Ireland, if you're Irish) :thumbs:

There is no legal term that defines Eng/Wal/Scot/NI as Great Britain, the correct term is the United Kingdom. :thumbs:

Great Britain is merely the name of the island that contains Wales, Scotland and England. It's called 'Great' or 'Greater' Britain because it's by far the largest island in the archipelago which is collectively known as the British Isles. (Or Great Britain & Ireland, if you're Irish) :thumbs:

There is no legal term that defines Eng/Wal/Scot/NI as Great Britain, the correct term is the United Kingdom. :thumbs:

you should have been a teacher malt ;p

Edited by scothunter

you should have been a techer malt ;p

No chance mate, I'm nowhere near patient enough! :D

we cant be entirely blamed for empire building fell.most european nations were at it,and if the french had there way,we would have been talking french today.im just glad we had the balls and the excellent military to stop all the rest dead in thier tracks.I said we did commit our fair share of attrocities,however you cant deny we gave the world a lot of good things aswell.christ we invented some of the best inventions which are still used today.got to say for the population of scotland it amazed me at what we actually invented.the world will never see an empire as big again.oh and i think that is a good thing btw.however still dont take away the fact we as a tiny island,had 550million people under the empire.like it or not was some achievment :thumbs:

One of the most surprising things is the amount of Scottish who were governers and various other high positions in the empire. They were proportionately much higher than the English or Welsh in numbers.

They were for some reason good leaders of men and going by football managers still are.

One of the most surprising things is the amount of Scottish who were governers and various other high positions in the empire. They were proportionately much higher than the English or Welsh in numbers.

They were for some reason good leaders of men and going by football managers still are.

cant remember the documentary.but the guy said.the english ruled the empire,but it was ran by the scots.