Help my ferret cant walk

I'm not sure where you are but if you need a kit for next year leave me your details and if some way you can get to north notts I'll sort one out for you.

I don't normally give them away, but I will in this case.

Liam

:notworthy:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure where you are but if you need a kit for next year leave me your details and if some way you can get to north notts I'll sort one out for you.   I don't normally give them away, but I w

to much f*****g about and asking questions for my liking,you should have gone straight to the vet or put it down, f**k all the its this its that its the other you just prolonged the inevitable if you

While I agree that a vet should always be a valid option and a high priority in the case of any ill animal, you only have to look at what this lad posted a few pages back about his vet telling him 'fe

to much f*****g about and asking questions for my liking,you should have gone straight to the vet or put it down, f**k all the its this its that its the other you just prolonged the inevitable if you havnt got the minerals to sort your stock out find someone to help you out in times of need instead of relying on an internet forum,even if it is a supposedly HUNTING one like this,especially if it upset you that it was going in "such a painful way for a gentle ferret"here endeth the lesson

• Like 2

to much f*****g about and asking questions for my liking,you should have gone straight to the vet or put it down, f**k all the its this its that its the other you just prolonged the inevitable if you havnt got the minerals to sort your stock out find someone to help you out in times of need instead of relying on an internet forum,even if it is a supposedly HUNTING one like this,especially if it upset you that it was going in "such a painful way for a gentle ferret"here endeth the lesson

Agree 100%

This forum is just that , a forum. No one is a mind reader and as far as I'm aware there are no vets on here.

FTB

he posted at night when the vets would have been closed,and the lads only 16 mate.i know what you mean though.but hey we were all kids once.

better asking for advice than saying "Ah f**k it,its only a ferret ill get another one the morra"

Edited by scothunter

i agree wholeheartedly with watchman.

as i was once told by a mate of mine; where theres livestock theres always gonna be deadstock.

everyone has losses, its a fact of life where animals are concerned.

Sorry for your loss lad , What do you feed your Ferrets on ? the one reply quite early on said it might be Botulisim, if you feed flesh this is very likley, this was cut from Merck Veterinary Manual " The signs of botulism are caused by muscle paralysis and include progressive motor paralysis, disturbed vision, difficulty in chewing and swallowing, and generalized progressive weakness. Death is usually due to respiratory or cardiac paralysis." it can be treated if the antitoxin is given quickly, unfortunaly for you the vet that you called was an absolute f$*cking idiot, typical of the vet profession today gone are the days when vet's actually cared about animals, all they care about now is money, most won't even give advice over the phone :angry: I understand they have to make a living as we all do but i do think most small animal vets just charge what the maket will bare, we all know people that will spend absolutly anything on lttle Feefee the the Foofoo dog !!!! thankfully I have a brilliant horse vet that also looks at all my other animal, she's very practical and and forthright but caring at the same time its a shame there wern't more like her around

Bin watching this post and i am sorry for your loss.

I do think that there are lessons to be learnt though.

If ever anyone suspects that their ferret is in any trouble go to the vets straight away.

It may cost money but will get a sure answer on the issue.

Once again really sorry for your loss pal.

I'm not sure where you are but if you need a kit for next year leave me your details and if some way you can get to north notts I'll sort one out for you.

I don't normally give them away, but I will in this case.

Liam

cheers pal therell b sum way i can get down, pm me and ill give you my details

ATB for the future mate with the existing and maybe new coming ferts,,,like everyone says...theres lessons to be learnt ,,soon as the problems spotted take it to the vets....but if the vets werent open or werent helpful i spose all you had to call on was the guys from the forum,,,,your only 16 mate so i personally think you deserve a break,,,especially after your loss,,but chin up mate like the others said,,,life with animals is heart breaking sometimes......i can only voice my own opinions coz i dont hunt with mine ,,theyre pets,not looking forward to when i have to say see ya later to mine i can tell ya,,,im sure you appreciate what all the guys have said on here and have taken it on board for the future,,,,good luck mate,,dave

Edited by dave1600d

ATB for the future mate with the existing and maybe new coming ferts,,,like everyone says...theres lessons to be learnt ,,soon as the problems spotted take it to the vets....but if the vets werent open or werent helpful i spose all you had to call on was the guys from the forum,,,,your only 16 mate so i personally think you deserve a break,,,especially after your loss,,but chin up mate like the others said,,,life with animals is heart breaking sometimes......i can only voice my own opinions coz i dont hunt with mine ,,theyre pets,not looking forward to when i have to say see ya later to mine i can tell ya,,,im sure you appreciate what all the guys have said on here and have taken it on board for the future,,,,good luck mate,,dave

cheers pal :) tbh its fine to say it from the outside bt its different in the situation, no vets were open so i just did what i thought wat was best. and i can tell you there will be more :)