speeding

dunno........ if your lucky you'll just get a fine in the post.... over here they've re-branded them as "safety cameras" bastarding things

they do save lives....

yes you will get a fine if it flashed...i did at 36

You need to check your facts. The accident rate GENERALLY goes up where these things are situated, they are cash generators not safety devices. If speed were truly an issue then all cars would be limited by law to 70mph in this country. Cant stand this health and safety nanny state mentality. rant over

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice......how the f**k can a man be charged with this before a crime has even been commited   If i see a man wearing a balaclava about to

say the car didnt have right size wheels on it that changes the speed my mate done that got off with it as cars should have standard size wheels on for that make and if they been change that effects

Then you'd get done for not having valid insurance (unless you'd told insurance co about it). You'd still be expected to have your speedo calibrated, so that ones not going to stand up for long

say the car didnt have right size wheels on it that changes the speed my mate done that got off with it as cars should have standard size wheels on for that make and if they been change that effects the speed on clock as long as diffrent to whats ment to be on the motor

Then you'd get done for not having valid insurance (unless you'd told insurance co about it). You'd still be expected to have your speedo calibrated, so that ones not going to stand up for long

• Like 1

I'm not advocating this as a technique for avoiding prosecution but i got off with 37 in a 30 zone, simply because i'm genuinely crap at paperwork.

I get the summons thingy through the letterbox and shove it on the pile of things that Must-Be-Attended-To, and promptly forget about it. I'm not sure how many weeks elapse before i get a reminder from plod giving me [ iirc ] 28 days to reply. After about 5 weeks, i finally get around to filling in the form they sent. Displaying my usual level of ineptitude, i fill it in all wrong.

Next thing, plod write to me telling me i mucked it up, filling in the wrong section. They helpfully include a new form and give me 28 days to send it back. Predictably, i forget all about it. Eventually they send me the standard reminder, which i then ignore for weeks before eventually filling in the form again. Embarrassingly, i cocked it up again, prompting plod to write to me with a fresh form. I kept thinking to myself, must sort that form out, but once again, after about 5 weeks plod were again writing to remind me....... i never attended to it, and that was three years ago. Never heard owt from them since.

they do save lives....

Can you provide some evidence to support this please . . . . .

Gaza, if its a gatso (permanent standing type job) dont worry about it as they are not robbing people with those any more.

If its a mobile, ask to see the calibration history for the "gun" used and make sure its up to date, they rely on people just paying up and not querying.

Yeah, ...A known blackspot for accidents.... In 2005 i was involved in a crash, i was a passenger in a car which was hit head on by a twat on our side of the road!!!!! I was on my back for 1 year, suffered brain damage(short term memory loss, and a stutter).. my nerve canals were crushed in my back(as well as other stuff)!!!! I wear morphin everyday now, and will do for the rest of my life.... It was lucky that i survived, and when the air helicoptor was sent, it was called as "another" possible fatal.. The road had had so many other bad accidents and deaths upon it... We joined the campaign to erect a camera... before we got it, there were 4 more bad accidents in the 2 years... There are now speed cameras, and there are now no more serious accidents.... So it that enough proof... Cant understand how you can even ask the question. If that camera had been in place before, that knobheasd wouldnt have been on the our side of the road doing 70mph!!I wouldnt have had to have gone through hell on the road to recovery, depression etc. And i wouldnt have to walk at least 5miles everyday hunting, lol!!

Jeez nasty, hope youre fully recovered. By the sound of it though, a speed camera wouldnt have stopped the lunatic that hit you, being on the wrong side of the road an all.

dunno........ if your lucky you'll just get a fine in the post.... over here they've re-branded them as "safety cameras" bastarding things

they do save lives....

yes you will get a fine if it flashed...i did at 36

You need to check your facts. The accident rate GENERALLY goes up where these things are situated, they are cash generators not safety devices. If speed were truly an issue then all cars would be limited by law to 70mph in this country. Cant stand this health and safety nanny state mentality. rant over

get my facts right!! did you not read what i wrote lower down....

they do save lives....

Can you provide some evidence to support this please . . . . .

Gaza, if its a gatso (permanent standing type job) dont worry about it as they are not robbing people with those any more.

If its a mobile, ask to see the calibration history for the "gun" used and make sure its up to date, they rely on people just paying up and not querying.

Yeah, ...A known blackspot for accidents.... In 2005 i was involved in a crash, i was a passenger in a car which was hit head on by a twat on our side of the road!!!!! I was on my back for 1 year, suffered brain damage(short term memory loss, and a stutter).. my nerve canals were crushed in my back(as well as other stuff)!!!! I wear morphin everyday now, and will do for the rest of my life.... It was lucky that i survived, and when the air helicoptor was sent, it was called as "another" possible fatal.. The road had had so many other bad accidents and deaths upon it... We joined the campaign to erect a camera... before we got it, there were 4 more bad accidents in the 2 years... There are now speed cameras, and there are now no more serious accidents.... So it that enough proof... Cant understand how you can even ask the question. If that camera had been in place before, that knobheasd wouldnt have been on the our side of the road doing 70mph!!I wouldnt have had to have gone through hell on the road to recovery, depression etc. And i wouldnt have to walk at least 5miles everyday hunting, lol!!

Jeez nasty, hope youre fully recovered. By the sound of it though, a speed camera wouldnt have stopped the lunatic that hit you, being on the wrong side of the road an all.

i will never fully recover, and just go down hill as i get older... 4 crushed disc dont get better just worse mate...

And it would have stopped him, as the erected, bollards and all thwe white line shit they do, narrowing the road down...

Hi folks

A camera clocked me last night Iwas prob doing 35 in a 30. Would they follow that up? If they do because its my first offence am I likely to be offered a speed awareness course?

Cheers

Gaz

you will prob get 4 years solitary confinement in a cell 5 foot by 5 foot and fed on bread and dirty water. :laugh:

Hi folks

A camera clocked me last night Iwas prob doing 35 in a 30. Would they follow that up? If they do because its my first offence am I likely to be offered a speed awareness course?

Cheers

Gaz

you will prob get 4 years solitary confinement in a cell 5 foot by 5 foot and fed on bread and dirty water. :laugh:

lol, i surpose its better than shit and piss..... :whistling::whistling:

its 10% plus 2 so thats 37 so anything under that you can contest and should get away with it and im sorry about what happend to you rfyl but every accident blackspot theyve put them in around my area have made it 10 times worse evryone slaming theyre brakes on and causing twice as many accidents so they are now getting rid of them by me

Hi folks

Cheers

Gaz

and only a blanket to wear :thumbs:

Hi folks

Cheers

Gaz

and only a blanket to wear :thumbs:

and a big black fella for company

If they catch at 1 mph over the limit and they're that way out, they can do you it's as simple as that.

I got cought a couple of years ago by some muppet poking a camera out of a van, I knew I was speeding at about 45 in a 40 limit. My fault, hands up. A week of so later, I got the notice of intened prosicution and I ignored it. They sent about another 3 or 4 letters over the following months and I ignored them all. Not heard a thing since...

Just to add a point about them being called cash robbers etc. In 2006 Simon Cowell paid more in income tax than the entire revenue generated by all the speed cameras in the whole of the UK. Kind of puts it into perpective....

You will get 3 points and 60 quid fine. Even if you get the chance to do a course instead of points that will probably cost you 150 quid to do.

You could just ignore the fine when it comes through and hope they don`t persue it. A friend of mine has done that a couple of times and got away with it as he worked on the assumption that the fine would cost more to persue than they would get back in fines. If they persue you then you just have to say that you never recieved any fine through the post, you know, just act daft. That could take months to get sorted and you can still go for the option of the course by which time you can save up to pay for it. Just an idea.

fozzy