speeding

they do save lives....

Fair comment but they also cause more accidents than probably any other single object on our roads !

Anyone read about that old boy the other day who was taken to court for " Attempting to pervert the course of Justice "....because he flashed an oncoming motorist warning him about a speed camera ahead :icon_eek: .....Just about sums up the real reason they are there,they are a money collecting box not a road safety box !

I read that online somewhere. I can't believe it even went to court let alone resulted in a conviction.. :no: We're always told that the camera's are there as a deterrent, not as a means to catch people out. The old boy was actually helping the officer doing his job by getting people to slow down.. Just goes to prove what everybody has thought about the war on speeders all along.. :thumbdown:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice......how the f**k can a man be charged with this before a crime has even been commited   If i see a man wearing a balaclava about to

say the car didnt have right size wheels on it that changes the speed my mate done that got off with it as cars should have standard size wheels on for that make and if they been change that effects

Then you'd get done for not having valid insurance (unless you'd told insurance co about it). You'd still be expected to have your speedo calibrated, so that ones not going to stand up for long

what about the poor bloke that flashed his lights to warn others

of a speed camera, he was fined over £400

when you look at it he was preventing crime

He was charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice......how the f**k can a man be charged with this before a crime has even been commited :blink:

If i see a man wearing a balaclava about to rob a bank and i tell him not to and he doesnt....will i be arrested and charged with perverting the course of justice.....i prevented a crime for f**k sake.

They make it up as they go along !

• Like 1

If it flashed you, you were over the speed limit and I suspect you will get a fine. There is the 2 week rule though if you receive the ticket

more than two weeks after the incident they can't make it stick as they must notify you of the offend within two weeks.

A mate of mine who was a traffic copper told me it's 10% + 2/3 mile per hour depending on what force your in, he said you wouldn't get a pull on the motorway for 80mph on the motorway for this reason.

they do save lives....

Can you provide some evidence to support this please . . . . .

Gaza, if its a gatso (permanent standing type job) dont worry about it as they are not robbing people with those any more.

If its a mobile, ask to see the calibration history for the "gun" used and make sure its up to date, they rely on people just paying up and not querying.

Yeah, ...A known blackspot for accidents.... In 2005 i was involved in a crash, i was a passenger in a car which was hit head on by a twat on our side of the road!!!!! I was on my back for 1 year, suffered brain damage(short term memory loss, and a stutter).. my nerve canals were crushed in my back(as well as other stuff)!!!! I wear morphin everyday now, and will do for the rest of my life.... It was lucky that i survived, and when the air helicoptor was sent, it was called as "another" possible fatal.. The road had had so many other bad accidents and deaths upon it... We joined the campaign to erect a camera... before we got it, there were 4 more bad accidents in the 2 years... There are now speed cameras, and there are now no more serious accidents.... So it that enough proof... Cant understand how you can even ask the question. If that camera had been in place before, that knobheasd wouldnt have been on the our side of the road doing 70mph!!I wouldnt have had to have gone through hell on the road to recovery, depression etc. And i wouldnt have to walk at least 5miles everyday hunting, lol!!

go back and check if it had a live camera in it you can tell by looking on the back there are two air circilation holes the stop the camera over heating if these are open then there is a live camera inside if they are closed

even though they generate a lot of money they dont spend it on enough cameras

go back and check if it had a live camera in it you can tell by looking on the back there are two air circilation holes the stop the camera over heating if these are open then there is a live camera inside if they are closed

even though they generate a lot of money they dont spend it on enough cameras

surely you wouldnt go climbing a speed camera just for 60quid, just wait and see mate. you dont want to ruin your surprise.

surely you wouldnt go climbing a speed camera just for 60quid, just wait and see mate. you dont want to ruin your surprise.

Its not the £60 Im bothered about bud its having to pay £100's more for my insurnace because Im a young driver and ive only been driving 9mnths. Its a joke already that my insurance quote is 250% of the car value lol. Hopefully I'll get offered one of them speeding courses.

Say if youve been driving over 20 yrs how much is your ins likely to go up with 3 points on your licence?

say the car didnt have right size wheels on it that changes the speed my mate done that got off with it as cars should have standard size wheels on for that make and if they been change that effects the speed on clock as long as diffrent to whats ment to be on the motor

Edited by earthmover2011
  • Like 1

Need to correct a few things- 28 days is the time period that you have to receieve the NIP, not 14, the fact that there was no pavement is probably the reason that the camera was there.

it is crap getting these points as a youngester, but as somone who was on 9 points for three years ( now that was scary as another three and my job would have been gone),at the end of teh day you werespeeding.

I agree that they are a money earner. Where I live there are a load between us and the city centre, no real accident blackspots...

Theres cameras on the motorway for tempary traffic lights leading into Edinbrugh ,If you jump the light at rush hour the camera takes your pict ,any other time there no on. Most days im going along at 65 ish and the car in front of you sees the camera and locks up nearly doing a emergancy stop .How does this stop a accident these pricks nearly cause them .

Id see the piont of these cameras if they where on a place where accidents happen to slow down the flow of traffic but hiding them round corners ect makes them worthless no wonder folk are fed up of them as most folk slowdown to pass them then speed up again how does that stop accidents

Hi folks

A camera clocked me last night Iwas prob doing 35 in a 30. Would they follow that up? If they do because its my first offence am I likely to be offered a speed awareness course?

Cheers

Gaz

you are unlikely to get offered a speed awareness course due to your age and length of time you have been driving.

my 19 year old son has just informed me if you get 6 points in the first two years of passing your test then its a ban and you have to retake your test, so if this is right and you can pass these possible points to someone else then you probabaly should as the next time you may be caught with a manned device and not be able to argue with who was driving at the time.

good luck