bait for brown trout

dont have the dough to fork out for fluff chucking gear, so can anyone recommend a good bait for brown trout? other than worms, because i constantly catch perch. i don't want to offend any fly fishermen ;):thumbs:

ATB :notworthy::D

rapala do a great little lure it looks like a minnow and it,s about 3" long for about a fiver posted ive had some good trout with it and the perch dont seem to want to take it but i also use a 5" thin wire trace incase mr pike decides to have a go I got mine off ebay but i dont no if they still on there well worth a look though.atb liam :thumbs:

Right then,things that work for me are the usual worms and maggots, small aglia longe spinners, colour dependant on water colour. But two things that I use fairly often with great results are trotting a trout fly downstream with a normal spinning/bait rod and also dyed red sweetcorn. The fly I use is called a "Coch Y Bonddu". Its a small welsh pattern, but Black Gnats have worked on my river too. Just freelining it and letting the water do the work. The idea with sweetcorn is that they are not far off the same colour as trout eggs, and brown trout eat the eggs of other trout. An old poacher showed me that one so give it a go.Works for me.