Foxhunting and Women

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's true, but in my experience the women are more interested in riding their horses all over the landscape than they are with the actual hunt!   When the conditions take a turn for the worse, th

do you bolloks (experience my arse)crob you only recently got into abit of ferreting.

you need a hobby instead of breeding and plannining litters out your shit non working lurchers. you big mouthed cow

Posted Images

My Wife has Whipped-in to me for nearly 9 years now and is more usefull than most of the lads ive had whipping -in, shes sharp, a good horsewoman and knows the hounds.

i'm very fortunate i work with my wife 24-7 with the horses and the hounds, she has great knowledge of certain things and between the two of us, run a tight ship, there's not many men out there that have as understanding a wife as i have if we're not out hunting i'm off with the terriers and lurchers, i'm very lucky indeed :drinks:

we had a very good lady whip at the east essex at one time, i like to see the ladys out hunting, i had a girlfriend who,d steal my dog and lamp for the night and go off on her own, catch bunnies, and other gear, id come home after hunting,to find my dog missing, in the morning id get up to find her asleep in the chair, with the dog, and rabbits hanging in the shed, what a cracker she was, bless her soul, she is no longer with us.

Guest busterdog

My Wife has Whipped-in to me for nearly 9 years now and is more usefull than most of the lads ive had whipping -in, shes sharp, a good horsewoman and knows the hounds.

i'm very fortunate i work with my wife 24-7 with the horses and the hounds, she has great knowledge of certain things and between the two of us, run a tight ship, there's not many men out there that have as understanding a wife as i have if we're not out hunting i'm off with the terriers and lurchers, i'm very lucky indeed :drinks:

I see this a lot with the terrier lads i know personaly, BEHIND EVERY GOOD MAN THERES A GOOD WOMAN.

A whipper-in is the huntsmans assistant , he/she is the huntsmans eyes and ears when he cannot see or hear, he chastises hounds when they've done wrong, they make sure the huntsman has all of the hounds and if there's any missing, they must go and find them, if they do there job well can make a mediocre huntsman look good !!!

I see this a lot with the terrier lads i know personaly, BEHIND EVERY GOOD MAN THERES A GOOD WOMAN.

As Busterdog says , I get to pick the shit up off some half tidy terriers in the yard but I wouldn`t be with out them , well perhaps a couple of them !!!!!!!!

Went to go with my local pack a while back and there was a old girl walking up the road ,and to say we were having some weather is a understatement,i recognized her as a foot follower and stopped, we were a good 3 mile from the meet and she explained her daughter was ridding the grand national winner from a few years previous out with the hounds she is 73 and walked a fair old way after a piece of cake and some port she was of again .Nothing but respect for ladys like that

• 4 weeks later...

Foot pack in MidWales, we get 2 women occasionally, but not always. Not to be sexist, but we could do with some talent out with us, the offers there, you know where i am!

If I wear a blond wig can I do your terrier work?

In my experience of following a few different packs all over the country . . . the field is always mixed, and if you had to count i would say most would contain more women than men. :thumbs:

would you say the mounted packs get more women than foot packs,this seems the case nr me ,although some follow the foot packs and are 100% commited to them there out every week .regaurding hunting theres men and women who only go to talk cxxp with no interest in hounds but all welcome :thumbs:

Don't know if anyone has said this already but whilst i admit that there are many many women that are dedicated hunt followers and love all aspects of it i have also noticed that it is the one hunting pursuit that attracts many folk that are not 'that' into hunting, but are attracted by the social side and the chance to go for a blast around the country side on horseback. These are the kind of people as happy to follow a drag as they would be a fox. I am not criticizing them but perhaps this accounts for why there are more women that hunt with hounds on horseback than practice any other kind of hunting pursuit in this country. :thumbs: Either way support is good!