hare coursing

Hare coursing is one off the most talked about things on here and there is rules but them rules are made by the match men or the men who hunt hares single and if you dont do it there way then your not doing it right or giving the hare respect.

Dont get me wrong the hare is the biggest test to any running dog in the uk running ways but are giving to much respect.

Yes if you have a long dog and you are into running hare for 5 6 mins well that is all well and fine if you have luchers and slip both dogs that is fine as well everyone hunts in there diff ways may it be lamp single double snow summer if your happy at the way you run you dogs on hare that is up to you.

IMAO l think 2 luchers on good winters hare is fair game,also think that if you have match dogs or long dogs it should be one dog and one dog only.if you want talk about lamping hares l think there fair play in big fields with one dog (lamping dog on it) because in big fields on the lamp most lamping dogs wont get near hare (WINTER)but in small fields a hare does not really have a chance on the lamp.

But as l said lots off people like see there dogs getting tested to the max but others are just out to kill no matter what and this two setts off people will never see eye to eye when it comes to hunting hares. :thumbs:

two dogs on good winter hares is not fair game :thumbdown: but its not to say its wrong if got dogs that cant catch em on there own and you like to give em a good blast and pull em in shape just give the hare a sporting chance

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hare coursing is one off the most talked about things on here and there is rules but them rules are made by the match men or the men who hunt hares single and if you dont do it there way then your not

yes and its still illeagal in England so watch what your saying boys

I don't see where your getting he 100 yards law, as I've said before every hare is different and not all terrains are the same, the man slipping the dog should know whats a fair slip and what isnt. In

Hare coursing is one off the most talked about things on here and there is rules but them rules are made by the match men or the men who hunt hares single and if you dont do it there way then your not doing it right or giving the hare respect.

Dont get me wrong the hare is the biggest test to any running dog in the uk running ways but are giving to much respect.

Yes if you have a long dog and you are into running hare for 5 6 mins well that is all well and fine if you have luchers and slip both dogs that is fine as well everyone hunts in there diff ways may it be lamp single double snow summer if your happy at the way you run you dogs on hare that is up to you.

IMAO l think 2 luchers on good winters hare is fair game,also think that if you have match dogs or long dogs it should be one dog and one dog only.if you want talk about lamping hares l think there fair play in big fields with one dog (lamping dog on it) because in big fields on the lamp most lamping dogs wont get near hare (WINTER)but in small fields a hare does not really have a chance on the lamp.

But as l said lots off people like see there dogs getting tested to the max but others are just out to kill no matter what and this two setts off people will never see eye to eye when it comes to hunting hares. :thumbs:

two dogs on good winter hares is not fair game :thumbdown: but its not to say its wrong if got dogs that cant catch em on there own and you like to give em a good blast and pull em in shape just give the hare a sporting chance

Two luchers is fair in my eyes but two match dogs or longdogs is not but as l have said l not agree with most when it comes to hares and the way there hunted and there rules :thumbs:

I have a 19.5 inch Moonlake bred whippet bitch, she is now 5.5yrs old but can still account for puss. Because the land I work is varied between pasture and moorland and is "hunted up" law does not enter the equation. Sometimes the're run off seat but mainly are hunted before being run, courses last between 2mins and 4 or 5 mins from picking up scent.

people on here go on as if its a pice of piss to catch a hare :wallbash: well let me tell you its not! put your dog in a feild that inst the size of your back yard during the DAY in the winter months with NO snow and see how it gets on it takes a good lurcher at its peak of phisical attributes to catch a good winter hare not as easy as people on here think sure im going to get the cranks saying that its because my dogs are shite but who cares i no they do the job for me and thats all i need to no ! and as for being illigal if they are goin to talk about it and run these hares they obvusily no the risks so probly dont need advising on how to go an about it every post that mentions hare every 1 floods it with "do you no its illigal to run hares" ffs give it a rest rant over atb jedandlevo

people on here go on as if its a pice of piss to catch a hare :wallbash: well let me tell you its not! put your dog in a feild that inst the size of your back yard during the DAY in the winter months with NO snow and see how it gets on it takes a good lurcher at its peak of phisical attributes to catch a good winter hare not as easy as people on here think sure im going to get the cranks saying that its because my dogs are shite but who cares i no they do the job for me and thats all i need to no ! and as for being illigal if they are goin to talk about it and run these hares they obvusily no the risks so probly dont need advising on how to go an about it every post that mentions hare every 1 floods it with "do you no its illigal to run hares" ffs give it a rest rant over atb jedandlevo

yeah done all that in past when it was leagal :thumbs:but get sick of the rules on here?

I have a 19.5 inch Moonlake bred whippet bitch, she is now 5.5yrs old but can still account for puss. Because the land I work is varied between pasture and moorland and is "hunted up" law does not enter the equation. Sometimes the're run off seat but mainly are hunted before being run, courses last between 2mins and 4 or 5 mins from picking up scent.

As much as anything id sooner see a good dog find its own nothing beats being out and watching a good dog rake a field for old puss early and late when hes on the move much better than walking him up in the seat atb

As much as anything id sooner see a good dog find its own nothing beats being out and watching an experienced dog rake a field for old puss early and late when hes on the move much better than walking him up in the seat atb

Edited by blacktabs

onlt true test is one dog one hare law om slipping all depends the land the cover the sitaition you are in ,aa for catching thnm in sno not the same as good running fast winter wheat etc ,plamping can be sporting on big land as the hare gets out the lamp and use the hilly bits of feilds to escape small feilds with grass walls fences thick hedges isnt treal sport just pescontrol done both and i prefer a decent feils agood hare and one dog true test

one dog one hair on a big bit of land is the ultimate test for a dog why spoil it with to dogs. i love watching a good dog on a winter hare the buzz is unreal and if he gets away then hes there for another day with abit more exspirience. the only time id double up for instance is if im bringing a young dog on and only then will they be slipped in just before the kill just 2 teach them longears are gettable. youve got to start them somwere.

I think you'll find that these 'rules' you talk about were around well before the 'match men' you talk about ever came about. Every animal in the contryside deserves respect you just have to take the time out to see why then maybe you'll understand. Each to there own i suppose but i myself will always frown upon hares being run under the lamp and the heavy snow and such, and just for the record i'm no 'match man' either. Just a lad that loves hares and dogs :laugh:

watching veiw videos on you tube from the 80s and not one hare was giving 100 yards head start they where all kick ups . You say that every animal in countryside deserves respect will never see foxes getting 100yards head start or not lamped same with rabbits and deer etc not one off this animals are giving rules there lamped run in snow and summer hunted day and night.

I didnt say it was just match man l said that long dog men also have this rules for hares and l respect that but dont run everyone else down because you think that running single is the only way to hunt hares what about people run hares with beagles???? is that wrong

your getting there iceman,but be cool do as you like not what everyone says you have to do enjoy your dogs running,nd take a gun just in case..lol :whistling::bye:

Its quit simple people who run two dogs or lamp hares or run in the snow,Have crap dogs and cant except the fact, so do any thing to tip the odds in the dog favor and then slag every body who does not agree with them.True hunting men respect all there quarry. This in cludes foxes.

Its quit simple people who run two dogs or lamp hares or run in the snow,Have crap dogs and cant except the fact, so do any thing to tip the odds in the dog favor and then slag every body who does not agree with them.True hunting men respect all there quarry. This in cludes foxes.

people who hunt hares with two dogs or lamp them or hunt them in the snow are people who are out hunting in all sorts off weather and love watching there dogs hunt and doing there job be it single or double so the snow we have had past 3 weeks and for the next month your not going out with your dogs just take them wee walks till your get the perfect winters day dead on lbe out this weekend snow or not better dogs out then in a pen doing nothing

theres some of us who hunt hare preban ,for the flesh for the table .stacking the odds in the favour of the hunter his all part of getting reults ,running them for sheer pleasure his the coursing mans game one should not knock weather taking them in the snow or on the lamp ,so longs theanimal his repected and the flesh put to good use , in my case on the table we can all knock each others style the way we go about ourselves in the field , but we should all stand as one and repect each,other all the best bunnys

Its illegal to hunt/catch/chase hares with dog/s........just as shop-lifting is :yes: If you were a shop-lifter would you condemn another shop-lifter because he nicked a mars bar a different way to you? :no:

Get over yourselves mun........some of you consider the hare some mythical animal that only a select few are allowed to go after and that just smacks of double-standards.People who live in glass houses has they say :thumbs: