Grafters/messers and pretenders  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actually work your dogs?

• Yes regularly throughout the season
    • Once or twice during the season
    • I just like theorising on the internet
    • I am a showpony but like to pretend
    • I am an honest showpony

I have met lads who have done more than i will ever will, but i also read many of the threads on here and wonder if these folks have ever actually done any form of hunting and purely talk about it based on theories written in books.........

I agree with your opinion big fella about this place,but since you put yourself up as the mouth piece for this thread..what exactly is your credentials on working dogs in a hunting capacity....im presuming you have dug to many a terrier reared from your kennels and brought many a decent running dog on that has gave you a turn knocking over plenty of stuff over many years..course you have or you wouldnt have swaggered on here to write a thread of this nature with such authority unless you had many a years experience grafting your dogs in the field ;)

Well i once went greyhound racing but left before the end as Ramseys kitchen nightmares was on........

"big fella" far from the truth gaz simos a transexual midget :whistling: :whistling:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The question of weather folks actually work their dogs or not seems to be asked in a derogatory sense here. That somehow, those of us who don't 'work' their dogs are less than desirable and shouldn't

do u hunt ?????? i was brought up to hunting,,,,,and i seen lurcher guys ,,,somtimes can be the worst for this,,,,,lev dogs in kennel,,,,too WHEN THEY DECIDE TO GO OUT ,,,,,amazing that ,,,isnt it  

lol now that got ur attention,,,,,maybe on poll,,,,u sholud put,,do u lev dog,s to stay quitly in kennel in summer time,to what rott???,,,not a dig at u mate,,,,seen it all too often,,,,,aleast mine s

stewie, 5"1" is NOT a midget :laugh:

gaz, you seem to be missing my point, its not whos the daddy of the hunting life, has the best dogs or has been doing it 20 years or 20 days, it matters not what you shoot/run or dig, its if you go and do something whether thats digging 50 a season of mouching around the allotments with a mongrel, its about getting out and doing it..........

I have met lads who have done more than i will ever will, but i also read many of the threads on here and wonder if these folks have ever actually done any form of hunting and purely talk about it based on theories written in books.........

I agree with your opinion big fella about this place,but since you put yourself up as the mouth piece for this thread..what exactly is your credentials on working dogs in a hunting capacity....im presuming you have dug to many a terrier reared from your kennels and brought many a decent running dog on that has gave you a turn knocking over plenty of stuff over many years..course you have or you wouldnt have swaggered on here to write a thread of this nature with such authority unless you had many a years experience grafting your dogs in the field ;)

Well i once went greyhound racing but left before the end as Ramseys kitchen nightmares was on........

i can remember that night o so well simoman, those fine looking animals with there big muscles showing

all over there body , then chasing that big fluffy hare thingy around in a circle , then you spoiled my excitement when we had to run off to catch the bus for ramseys kitchen and you breaking a nail on the way on your little pinky ....:icon_redface:

gaz, you seem to be missing my point, its not whos the daddy of the hunting life, has the best dogs or has been doing it 20 years or 20 days, it matters not what you shoot/run or dig, its if you go and do something whether thats digging 50 a season of mouching around the allotments with a mongrel, its about getting out and doing it..........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it is when your stood next to stabba lol!!!!

totally agree with you there tho its not how much or what your dogs are catching its being out there trying that matters :thumbs:

i can remember that night o so well simoman, those fine looking animals with there big muscles showing

all over there body , then chasing that big fluffy hare thingy around in a circle , then you spoiled my excitement when we had to run off to catch the bus for ramseys kitchen and you breaking a nail on the way on your little pinky ....:icon_redface:

Perhaps when the warmer nights come we can try again, aslong as it doesn't interfere with my showing.......

totally agree with you there tho its not how much or what your dogs are catching its being out there trying that matters :thumbs:

stabba is 4"11 ans was Joe Pesci's stunt double in the home alone films..........

Work them? ....get real of course I don't work them.

I'm scared they might hurt themselves, and it's too cold to be walking field upon field in the middle of the night.

Now in the summer time............

:laugh:

stabba is 4"11 ans was Joe Pesci's stunt double in the home alone films..........

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: think we best leave it now mate we dont want to upset the dog father :rofl: :rofl:

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: think we best leave it now mate we dont want to upset the dog father :rofl: :rofl:

stewie, i can tell your desperate for a signed photo :laugh:

stewie, i can tell your desperate for a signed photo :laugh:

aslong as its with him and his whippets mate :laugh: :laugh:

for the last few years i have only been out about a dozen times (taken around 25 bunnies) but still would class myself as a hunter as all the ingrediants are there minus the quarry.

give it another 12 months or so and i'll be back out with my son who's 3 in april .. be nice to teach him.

would people class this site only for active hunters??? or is it open to people such as myself?

for the last few years i have only been out about a dozen times (taken around 25 bunnies) but still would class myself as a hunter as all the ingrediants are there minus the quarry.

give it another 12 months or so and i'll be back out with my son who's 3 in april .. be nice to teach him.

would people class this site only for active hunters??? or is it open to people such as myself?

if you hunting your hunting dont matter how much in my eyes :thumbs:

the site is open to anyone mate wether you hunt , fish, shoot anything to do with country sports or if your trying to get into any country sport ..

what some of us have said on here is just a bit of banter between friends but some people have taken it the wrong way ...

:thumbs: