hare loss

what would you blame for the decline in hares theres land devoid of hares that once held decent numbers.i think the increase in buzzards and other birds of prey has played a significant part 20 years ago you never seen a buzzard now there as common as dog shit.lamping has also played its part as theres dogs taking hare on the lamp that would struggle daytime.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shooters everytime. A gun doesn't know the difference between a strong or weak hare... a dog does. How many shooters do you know that aren't in it for the numbers?

yes lamping has defo played its part and as you say some dogs that take hare's on the lamp couldent take the same number of daytime hares if any,

buzzards wont have a great deal to do with it mate they wont even take a leveret the only BOP that could bother hares in uk is the goshawk and golden eagle and even then not enough to hit numbers in

what would you blame for the decline in hares theres land devoid of hares that once held decent numbers.i think the increase in buzzards and other birds of prey has played a significant part 20 years ago you never seen a buzzard now there as common as dog shit.lamping has also played its part as theres dogs taking hare on the lamp that would struggle daytime.

around our area i would blame the amout of youngens with dogs they slip x amount of dogs on any thing that moves

• Like 1

I know in Ireland lads netting hares and not returning them has played a huge part, at the end of the day if most people see 3 hares and kill one they are doing well, if a lad out with nets and a lamp sees 5 he's more than likely going to get 5 if he's anygood.

buzzards wont have a great deal to do with it mate they wont even take a leveret :thumbs: the only BOP that could bother hares in uk is the goshawk and golden eagle and even then not enough to hit numbers in any area :thumbs: be dickheads shooting them thats your problem :thumbs:

• Like 2

Shooters everytime. A gun doesn't know the difference between a strong or weak hare... a dog does. How many shooters do you know that aren't in it for the numbers?

yep mate its all down to them fat shooters!!!

Edited by graham4877
Guest filthy animal

We get told to shoot them if possible to stop dickheads driving across fields, through fences, gates, crops and hedges to chase the hares in 4x4's. I thought the dog was supposed to chase the hare, not the jeep.

Aye, shameful if it actully happens....cant see it myself, sounds like an excuse to me.