My new boy . . .

I was so not in the market for another dog . . however whilst working away in Northumberland, and a very long story later . . this boy will be coming home with me, as i simply can't leave him behind! :whistling:

I'm told he's a lab . . however when the current owners chose him the breeder kept vissla's too . . . i wouldn't be surprised if he's a mix of the 2. Might just be a very fine lab, but either way he's got brains to burn, an overwhelming desire to please and from what i've seen so far, will be a pleasure to train.

I've always fancied training a gundog, so here's my chance!

There is a few issues to iron out, however with decent exercise, some training and a good diet, these will be under control in no time.

Currently called Max, but i've had a Max . . so will be renaming him . . . . . unsure as to what yet, but i'm liking Dingo! . . any ideas welcome! :thumbs:

13-28.jpg

12-32.jpg

8-31.jpg

38-16.jpg

41-18.jpg

He looks a cracker right enough. What age is he? If he has been getting called Max for a while now and you want to change it then i would keep the name sound quite close......just so the change isn't completely different to him. I'd keep it 1 syllable as well :thumbs:

certainly got a spring in his step has olde "red" maybe lol,do you have a gun licence just asking out of curiosity not that it means anything if you don't i just wondered,im sure will make a good dog by the time you finished with him :thumbs:

He has industrial springs in all 4 paws . . . . mad as a box of frogs! :toast: Ohh i like RED . . . . hmmm that may be it you know! :boogie:

No i don't have a gun licence, i got quite into shooting when i was working in Africa, but never really bothered when i came home. I photograph a lot of shoot days over the season though and if he makes the grade have ample days to work him on, most my friends shoot and keep/train gundogs. I'm not getting too confident yet though, he is certainly a challenge, but i like the spirited ones and spend so many hours working, it'll be a good de stress hobby. :thumbs:

Hows that pup of yours coming on?

certainly got a spring in his step has olde "red" maybe lol,do you have a gun licence just asking out of curiosity not that it means anything if you don't i just wondered,im sure will make a good dog by the time you finished with him :thumbs:

He has industrial springs in all 4 paws . . . . mad as a box of frogs! :toast: Ohh i like RED . . . . hmmm that may be it you know! :boogie:

No i don't have a gun licence, i got quite into shooting when i was working in Africa, but never really bothered when i came home. I photograph a lot of shoot days over the season though and if he makes the grade have ample days to work him on, most my friends shoot and keep/train gundogs. I'm not getting too confident yet though, he is certainly a challenge, but i like the spirited ones and spend so many hours working, it'll be a good de stress hobby. :thumbs:

nice strong dog hannah .. yeah hes on springs right enough ... his name aint zeddadee .. is it ;)

Edited by riohog

settled in nicely, indoors sprawled over the sofa at the moment lol,thats not going to last much longer me thinks thanks for asking and good luck with ole RED you know it makes sense :thumbs:

I've just lost one of my Mastiffs & didn't think I could look at pics of dogs but that has cheered me up no end!

Cracking looking dog Hannah :thumbs:

Sorry for your loss. :cry: :cry:

It never gets easier does it. Glad my new recruit gave you some pleasure . . . . i'll post some more pics of him when he's destroying my house, kennel, very setteled 3 other dogs . . etc etc! :laugh:

I've just lost one of my Mastiffs & didn't think I could look at pics of dogs but that has cheered me up no end!

Cracking looking dog Hannah :thumbs:

Sorry for your loss. :cry: :cry:

It never gets easier does it. Glad my new recruit gave you some pleasure . . . . i'll post some more pics of him when he's destroying my house, kennel, very setteled 3 other dogs . . etc etc! :laugh:

No it doesn't,

But your pictures have made me smile again.

Dog destroying your house will make me laugh (sorry!) :yes:

Cheers,

Mick.