A painful night on the lamp.........

I popped up Foxdroppers last night to help him out with a fox on a free range chicken farm that had 100 chickens killed by Charlie,and as you all know the weather hasn't been kind lately and the land was very muddy/slippy.We were walking along in front of a few of the sheds heading to the shed that was hit when everything went tits up.I went down like a sack of sh1t,and as I went down the rifle which was on my shoulder flipped round and clubbed me on the forehead.....yeah yeah,I know you're all laughing just as hard as FD was.but,I was truly fecked.I aint a little bloke,but,it was like being hit by a cricket bat as hard as Freddie Flintoff hitting a six,plus I came down on my shoulder blades......OW!!

Here is the egg size lump that came up straight away......

Myphoto20012-1.jpg

Anyway,FD made sure my rifle was safe,and when I could get up he helped me to my feet,I was spinning,and bleeding all down my face,but,as we are made of strong stuff down here we carried on and done our rounds,but,after maybe an hour calling,and the whole place stinking of Charlie we left empty handed(we will be back).We then headed off to a local farm for a flick about with the lamp as the farmer has told us he has a zero tolerance and wants Charlie wiped out(fat chance of that,but,it is all good sport).The first thing I will say is that I am glad I went over on the last place as this farm is one of the sh1ttiest I have ever seen with a foot of sh1t over all of the yard and every gateway was treacherous to say the least.We got into a large field,and there on the far hedgeline was Charlie,he wasn't interested at all with the call and just wandered at his own pace probably worming in the wet grass.I had the rifle on the sticks and I wound up the Zeiss and told FD to stop him,he did so with an OY! and I let one fly......Charlie skitted off in a tight circle as they sometimes do before they drop to the shot,but,not this time,he ran on and then stopped to bite at his back,or so it seemd to me making me think that I had skimmed his back,so this time I settled my breathing and sent another one to which he just slumped down where he was stood(no running this time)FD thought that I might of missed,but as we got to the other side of the field there he was all of 185yds off sticks in one eye and out of the other.....

Myphoto20001_14.jpg

Myphoto20001_13.jpg

Myphoto20001_12.jpg

It was a moonlit night,and the foxes on this farm are notoriously lamp shy,but,it didn't help things a bit later when I pulled a shot rushing and had a complete miss(won't get him in the beam again!)I knew that he wasn't going to stand for many seconds,and that is my excuse(well you have to come up with something don't you lol)Plus my head was aching by then :black eye: ....... :whistling:

By the way it has gone down a bit today,but my whole face has been aching like mad even my teeth.... :doh:

Thanks for another eventful night FD

Martin

I took a friend out tuesday night he wants to start lamping with his redtail hawk, I lit up a couple of rabbits and the bird never budged off the glove, then I slipped on the wet grass went ass over tit and landed on the battery which went under my ribs, the pain was unbelievable and I dont think i'll be out for a while :thumbdown:

You left out the bit about how FD kissed it better and gave you a cuddle afterwards :kiss: :laugh:

Hope you're well Martin - I've been up to my armpits in baby shit and hormonal women... a beating over the head with a rifle would count as a 'treat' for me at the moment :laugh:

You left out the bit about how FD kissed it better and gave you a cuddle afterwards :kiss: :laugh:

Hope you're well Martin - I've been up to my armpits in baby shit and hormonal women... a beating over the head with a rifle would count as a 'treat' for me at the moment :laugh:

Come on over Local,I think I could just about swing the remmy in your direction.But,on a serious note,I've been to the docs today,and I have probably cracked a rib,so something to keep the lump company!! I knew that my back was hurting,but,over the last couple of days it has got a lot worse,so having the weekend off work.

Martin