anyone for golf

Over the last few years im being constantly nagged by friends and family into taking up a " sensible " interest !....Having led a very competetive life through the gyms/sport etc the old body is finally starting to let go a bit and the Mrs has just bought me a whole load of fancy golf equipment :blink: to try and encourage me into a slower paced life !.....

So....not really knowing anybody who plays i wondered if any of you folk play and if so how do you find it,.... i cant see any appeal whatsoever apart from some nice scenery.....im shit hot on a putting green but that only lasts half hour,the thought of plodding round 18 holes is filling me with dread at the moment.

Anyone else suffered this kind of sad demise :(

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Over the last few years im being constantly nagged by friends and family into taking up a " sensible " interest !....Having led a very competetive life through the gyms/sport etc the old body is finally starting to let go a bit and the Mrs has just bought me a whole load of fancy golf equipment :blink: to try and encourage me into a slower paced life !.....

So....not really knowing anybody who plays i wondered if any of you folk play and if so how do you find it,.... i cant see any appeal whatsoever apart from some nice scenery.....im shit hot on a putting green but that only lasts half hour,the thought of plodding round 18 holes is filling me with dread at the moment.

Played regular from around 10 until i was 16......was ok i suppose and managed to win the boys championship one year :toast: . At 15 i asked to join the mens section as it had a competition every week sometimes 2 or 3 but they declined...(shitting themselves really :yes: ).....i pretty much gave up after that :thumbdown:

Only a fair weather golfer now, few tins and a laugh wi the lads....ye canny beat it :thumbs:

Its a very frustrating sport....1 day your great and the next you are shite.... :laugh:

I have a love hate relationship with golf. :yes: When I put together a few decent strokes I fell on top of the world, but after a few bad ones...

I used to go to a pay as you play course with my brothers. I had a decent round there one sunday, so went back the next sunday full of confidence. I bought a 12 pack of decent balls from the club shop and a new hat. By the 15th hole I was playing like shite, lost the last ball out of the brand new pack and proper lost the plot! :icon_redface: My brother had to physically stop me throwing my trolley, bag and clubs in a nearby lake.. :laugh:

Ever since then I've packed it in if I have a few bad holes in a row, because if that happens I never manage to get it back together! :doh:

lab tastic is right i wouldnt call it slow and boring, it is very fustrating sometimes, but its worth it for the feeling when you have a good round and some nice shots, if you've never played before i would go to a golf range and get some practice first.

i've been playing for a few years and dont play that often anymore, and also think positively: lots of permission to be had by a respected member

I stopped playing last year, due mainly to having dodgy knees from playing Rugby when i was younger. Oh, and the £850 a year fees. The thing with Golf is, you can never beat it. Have a good round and you'll still remember the putt that lipped out for a birdie, or that sliced drive that put you behind that tree, rather that all the good shots you've played. Even a certian Mr Woods gets pissed off when he plays bad shots, or he could be just "tired" of course.

Give it a go, go with some mates, play for the drinks and see. It can get addictive.

GOLF ffs GOLF ...don,t do it gnash ,they,ll make you wear funny jumpers and go on stupid weekends to Spain ,you,ll start drinking white wine ,eating quiche , and thinking , maybe the Lib dems have a point . Don,t do it , for the love of god please don,t do it .

hi mate i play i`m not very good but i love it, and i been into dogs and guns for about 30 years, just dont get enough time to do the both, so i only play golf now and again but it is a great game and once you start to hit that ball and catch it right, its great

post-25162-0-60255300-1289472989_thumb.jpg

GOLF ffs GOLF ...don,t do it gnash ,they,ll make you wear funny jumpers and go on stupid weekends to Spain ,you,ll start drinking white wine ,eating quiche , and thinking , maybe the Lib dems have a point . Don,t do it , for the love of god please don,t do it .

:laugh: ....trouble is i already do most of them,apart from the Lib Dems of course....im daft,but im not that daft !

Well,in for a penny in for a pound im doing 18 holes on sunday :cry: .....i tried a golf range today,f**k me im poor :D .....think im trying to smash the ball too hard its flying off in all directions at the moment so it could be a long day !!.....got a feeling i might be flogging a load of golf clubs monday morning.

Cheers for your views boys :thumbs:

:laugh: ....trouble is i already do most of them,apart from the Lib Dems of course....im daft,but im not that daft !

Well,in for a penny in for a pound im doing 18 holes on sunday :cry: .....i tried a golf range today,f**k me im poor :D .....think im trying to smash the ball too hard its flying off in all directions at the moment so it could be a long day !!.....got a feeling i might be flogging a load of golf clubs monday morning.

Cheers for your views boys :thumbs:

Let the club do the work.........once you get better you can start to put a bit of force into it :thumbs: