good size hare

Guest joely b

Really cant see the problem shooting hares , piss poor excuse ' the hare is for running' lol the hare eats 4 times as much as a rabbit and guess what.... a rabbit can run too so can a deer so can a fox.

tell you what lads why dont you buy up a bit of land and you can do what you want and ban them nasty shooters , im lucky i have land i can shoot over and use a running dog if i wish.

lets have it right , the hare does not belong to you alone and guns have been around for long enough to wipe out hares but the hare still thrives.

your just crying over nothing , coursers will carry on and i dont blame them :thumbs: as it is there chosen sport , maybe im just one of the few you respect all forms of fieldsport

• Like 2

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really cant see the problem shooting hares , piss poor excuse ' the hare is for running' lol the hare eats 4 times as much as a rabbit and guess what.... a rabbit can run too so can a deer so can a fo

On the theme of your golfing analogy....suppose you were playing golf and noticed that your partner was knocking the ball around the course with various clubs as per the rules of the game whilst you w

No wonder hunting gets such a bad name with idiots like you posting stuff like this on an open forum. Shame on you. Think before you post..

Posted Images

Olim every thread you post on you get someone's back up you may have an opinion but at your age and experience mate it's best to keep it to your self. :thumbs:

I've not said anything that could remotely offend someone i'm just contributing to the thread, maybe its other people who think that because they have been hunting for a bit longer that they are superior and can pick on people my age.

I think yoour the person that has started slagging off young shooters and airgunners :thumbdown:

I once caught a hare that was so big it killed my dog...

When I went to pick it up it kicked me in the head and I spent 4 days in hospital with head injuries.

See if you can beat that :whistling:

FTB

I spent 5 days in hospital after I got kicked by that hare's brother! :tongue2:

When I went to pick it up it kicked me in the head and I spent 4 days in hospital with head injuries.

FTB

Liar!

I will match you on the fens.

Or I will beat you up at the next show!

GGGRRRRRR

:laugh:

FTB

FTB

aye,I think it,s done permanent damage, :whistling::laugh:

only joking mate, :laugh:

FTB

Liar!

I will match you on the fens.

Or I will beat you up at the next show!

GGGRRRRRR

:laugh:

FTB

I no lie, honest! Anyway doc said I can't attend any shows until my injuries have cleared up! :wacko: :laugh:

sorry but when a hare gets up in front off you does it have a sign on its back saying am a milky doe am a leveret am a big buck hare no you slip your dog and hope for the best.The season is from september to feb and in september your going kill leverets fact.A mate Was out two weeks ago caught 5 hares two bucks and 3 does two off the does full young ones at this time year if it happens it happens.Only good hare is a dead hare lamped or during day fair play to you fella and the dog sick death hearing all the rules from hare men if you lamp and there is a hare well the hare is fair play imoa.

Sums you up really.... :no:

another coursing man l take it that hares are only for the day time who said you people like you don't look at hare coursing as hunting but a sport that is why it got banned

Yes i do abit of coursing and i myself dont lamp hares with dogs. But saying the only good hare is a dead one is a fairly cuntish thing to say. If i go out on a sunday morning to get a few runs i dont mind if my dogs gets 3/3 or 0/3, for me its about watching the dog use the skills he has and the hare using his. I also eat any hares my dogs kill, i feel very sorry for you if you rely on catching hares to feed your dogs.. Things must be tough...... :thumbs:

Am the same dont care if hare gets away it gets away but would like to be carrying one dead then one getting away no better feeling then your dog catching ahare dont need hares feed my dogs my dogs well feed and well looked after and people who know me on this site will tell you that your not getting my point he caught the hare with a lamping dog and a pup at that a hare in a big field will out run most lamping dogs its in the small fields they get caught people say there easy but l have seen the best off lamping dogs run to a stand still by hare on the lamp.Am not going say no more imoa a hare in a big field is fare play for a lamping dog

Like i say if people want to lamp hares its upto them. But saying the only good hare is a dead hare is what i have a problem with. At the end of the day quarry deserves the utmost respect and be given a fair chance, whether its a rabbit, hare, pheasant or fox. I don't see lamping hares as giving them a fair shot just my opinion.. :thumbs:

love that saying the quarry deserves the utmost respect if you respect them so much why slip a dog at them?????

Because i also respect my dogs and what they have been bred to do for years.

and do dogs not run a chase and catch or miss on the lamp??????

Yes they do but you are daft or you do very little hunting of hares if you think a hare runs the same under the lamp as they do in daylight. I was always thought that a hare was ran with a max of two running dogs whatever they may be(harriers and beagles are of course a different kettle of fish), A hare was always ran in daylight and given good/fair law, and that a hare should never be impeaded while he is being coursed. Thats the code i go by and i always will. Different strokes for different folks.

A.T.B :thumbs:

sorry but when a hare gets up in front off you does it have a sign on its back saying am a milky doe am a leveret am a big buck hare no you slip your dog and hope for the best.The season is from september to feb and in september your going kill leverets fact.A mate Was out two weeks ago caught 5 hares two bucks and 3 does two off the does full young ones at this time year if it happens it happens.Only good hare is a dead hare lamped or during day fair play to you fella and the dog sick death hearing all the rules from hare men if you lamp and there is a hare well the hare is fair play imoa.

Sums you up really.... :no:

another coursing man l take it that hares are only for the day time who said you people like you don't look at hare coursing as hunting but a sport that is why it got banned

Yes i do abit of coursing and i myself dont lamp hares with dogs. But saying the only good hare is a dead one is a fairly cuntish thing to say. If i go out on a sunday morning to get a few runs i dont mind if my dogs gets 3/3 or 0/3, for me its about watching the dog use the skills he has and the hare using his. I also eat any hares my dogs kill, i feel very sorry for you if you rely on catching hares to feed your dogs.. Things must be tough...... :thumbs:

Am the same dont care if hare gets away it gets away but would like to be carrying one dead then one getting away no better feeling then your dog catching ahare dont need hares feed my dogs my dogs well feed and well looked after and people who know me on this site will tell you that your not getting my point he caught the hare with a lamping dog and a pup at that a hare in a big field will out run most lamping dogs its in the small fields they get caught people say there easy but l have seen the best off lamping dogs run to a stand still by hare on the lamp.Am not going say no more imoa a hare in a big field is fare play for a lamping dog

Like i say if people want to lamp hares its upto them. But saying the only good hare is a dead hare is what i have a problem with. At the end of the day quarry deserves the utmost respect and be given a fair chance, whether its a rabbit, hare, pheasant or fox. I don't see lamping hares as giving them a fair shot just my opinion.. :thumbs:

love that saying the quarry deserves the utmost respect if you respect them so much why slip a dog at them?????

Because i also respect my dogs and what they have been bred to do for years.

and do dogs not run a chase and catch or miss on the lamp??????

Yes they do but you are daft or you do very little hunting of hares if you think a hare runs the same under the lamp as they do in daylight. I was always thought that a hare was ran with a max of two running dogs whatever they may be(harriers and beagles are of course a different kettle of fish), A hare was always ran in daylight and given good/fair law, and that a hare should never be impeaded while he is being coursed. Thats the code i go by and i always will. Different strokes for different folks.

A.T.B :thumbs:

No one said a hare runs the same under the lamp as in the daylight you cant get this into you head it was a pup that caught that hare and a lucher not a longdog.Dont know where you hunt hares in Ireland but fair law your not in the fens give a hare fair law in Ireland it be field and a half away before you slip because there is so many ditches and fences over here and the bit about if dog cant do by its self its no good what bull shit there luchers not long dogs that are just breed for hares there luchers there is a big difference yes long dogs and match dogs should run single but it will take two good luchers to catch a good hare