good size hare

Guest joely b

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really cant see the problem shooting hares , piss poor excuse ' the hare is for running' lol the hare eats 4 times as much as a rabbit and guess what.... a rabbit can run too so can a deer so can a fo

On the theme of your golfing analogy....suppose you were playing golf and noticed that your partner was knocking the ball around the course with various clubs as per the rules of the game whilst you w

No wonder hunting gets such a bad name with idiots like you posting stuff like this on an open forum. Shame on you. Think before you post..

Posted Images

sorry but when a hare gets up in front off you does it have a sign on its back saying am a milky doe am a leveret am a big buck hare no you slip your dog and hope for the best.The season is from september to feb and in september your going kill leverets fact.A mate Was out two weeks ago caught 5 hares two bucks and 3 does two off the does full young ones at this time year if it happens it happens.Only good hare is a dead hare lamped or during day fair play to you fella and the dog sick death hearing all the rules from hare men if you lamp and there is a hare well the hare is fair play imoa.

Out of interest, why is the only good hare a dead hare? Just wondered.

more food for dog and means dog is running well just

sorry but when a hare gets up in front off you does it have a sign on its back saying am a milky doe am a leveret am a big buck hare no you slip your dog and hope for the best.The season is from september to feb and in september your going kill leverets fact.A mate Was out two weeks ago caught 5 hares two bucks and 3 does two off the does full young ones at this time year if it happens it happens.Only good hare is a dead hare lamped or during day fair play to you fella and the dog sick death hearing all the rules from hare men if you lamp and there is a hare well the hare is fair play imoa.

To be honest a half grown hare isn't much food for a dog and doesn't show it's running well. Not meaning to have a dig, i just dont see the point of running EVERYTHING, you see a bit and pick out whats worth running on and whats worth leaving for a bit, otherwise it's just a numbers game or its pest control maybe for some, but not so much with hares.

To be honest a half grown hare isn't much food for a dog and doesn't show it's running well. Not meaning to have a dig, i just dont see the point of running EVERYTHING, you see a bit and pick out whats worth running on and whats worth leaving for a bit, otherwise it's just a numbers game or its pest control maybe for some, but not so much with hares.

does it really matter?ive had hares that are a decent size one part of the country and had hares up on the yorkshire moors that dwarf them...a hares a hare and was fare game for any dog,instead of slating the guy like a bunch of women at a flower arranging meeting,get yourself up of your arses and go do better untill then happy knitting

does it really matter?ive had hares that are a decent size one part of the country and had hares up on the yorkshire moors that dwarf them...a hares a hare and was fare game for any dog,instead of slating the guy like a bunch of women at a flower arranging meeting,get yourself up of your arses and go do better untill then happy knitting

All i was saying mate is unless you are desperate i don't get slipping the dog on something you can see to be half grown and so little test for the dog.

All i was saying mate is unless you are desperate i don't get slipping the dog on something you can see to be half grown and so little test for the dog.

its just a pic of a hare nothing else?how do you know if its half grown or not?its the guys choice what he does,were all in the same boat,yet a good few on here jump on folks backs like they are the be all and end all

yeah maybee so, but a young dog of nine month finding, coursing and catching in the light is something i was pround of, proud as punch mate. :notworthy:

proud of a nine month old dog coursing a hare, you were lucky you never killed the dog then, the lungs arnt even fully developed, show some respect for working dogs, i dont get involved in these argumentments. im amazed of your degree, but then again could be all brains and no common sense .

amazed me that all these experts hadnt even picked up on this point, dont run imature dogs on hares you will blow them up end of

its just a pic of a hare nothing else?how do you know if its half grown or not?its the guys choice what he does,were all in the same boat,yet a good few on here jump on folks backs like they are the be all and end all

Sorry mate wasn't referring to the original post, just the bloke who said the only good hare is a dead hare :blink: Obviosuly in the lamp its hard to tell sometimes and if it looks big enough you slip, but if out in the day an obvious leveret or half grown gets up and runs, do you always slip? Or can you just enjoy watching it, hope you meet again in a couple of months and then go find his daddy.

Sorry mate wasn't referring to the original post, just the bloke who said the only good hare is a dead hare :blink: Obviosuly in the lamp its hard to tell sometimes and if it looks big enough you slip, but if out in the day an obvious leveret or half grown gets up and runs, do you always slip? Or can you just enjoy watching it, hope you meet again in a couple of months and then go find his daddy.

:thumbs:

remember its only pup he is running??? and where am from fields are not big enough to see if is fully growing wait to long and its though ditch and gone

Here speaks a man with experience!!! Go on then how many has your 2 yr old dog had....

what does that mean??? and 2 year old thinking your barking up wrong tree fella

no mate i dont think i am...it was about 2yrs ago, you were aSking what sort of lurcher you should get to start off, and which is the best bushing dog, I still have the post........