realtree

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good question that deserves a good answer.   Apart from special services worldwide, the army wouldnt/couldnt waste money on giving all soldiers hitech camo patterns, because they know that ca

Posted Images

Its OK

I have Mad dog Growler jacket and trousers ( in realtree ) , crackin for shootin , water proof , wind proof and quiet too . The veil and gloves i use are realtree too , and im sure i have a gun sock somewhere too :laugh:

Edited by Buster321c

Don't forget there are other makes out there.

Realtree is just one brand (and very costly too)

Camo won't make you invisible :nono: it just helps to break up your solid outline and it's that; that helps you blend in :yes:

I use dutch army DPM (even though I have a realtree jacket) for all my hunting. And it does exactly that, it Disrupts my solid Pattern (shape) with its Markings.

I've used it to slowly walk right up to a bunny; bend down and pick it up :victory:

Realtree, Mossy Oak, DPM, its of no use what so ever if you don't learn some field craft.

Wich has just reminded me of something I need to do :thumbs:

Phantom

Don't forget there are other makes out there.

Realtree is just one brand (and very costly too)

Camo won't make you invisible :nono: it just helps to break up your solid outline and it's that; that helps you blend in :yes:

I use dutch army DPM (even though I have a realtree jacket) for all my hunting. And it does exactly that, it Disrupts my solid Pattern (shape) with its Markings.

I've used it to slowly walk right up to a bunny; bend down and pick it up :victory:

Realtree, Mossy Oak, DPM, its of no use what so ever if you don't learn some field craft.

Wich has just reminded me of something I need to do :thumbs:

Phantom

Real Tree is NOT a brand its a pattern- made by Deben ( which is a brand)- just so you know :blink::blink::blink:

Les :thumbs:

German army flecktarn parker and trousers £16 including p&p, im always the first through the brambles and over the barbed wire ;)

And more pockets than you could ever want :)

Everyone has there personal preference and thats mine.

.atb lads. .ste.

I tend to use German Army surplus flecktarn pattern. Its cheap, very good quality and works great on the land I shoot. especially late Summer, Autumn and winter when the colours are turning. I would say fieldcraft is more important than camoflauge although you you cant really have one, without the other!

Regards,

Mikey

i use and have for many years the british army dpm nbc suits cheep as chips and tough as hell, not very water proof but the charcoal lining stops the wind and rain getting through to your clothes underneath, and also stops your heat exscaping out, very often find my self to hot.

just got a new one or never issiued from yomans £6 95, my last one is a good 8 years old and is only being replaced because i burnt it on the camp fire sticking the boot in.

atb

Andy

Real Tree is NOT a brand its a pattern- made by Deben ( which is a brand)- just so you know :blink::blink::blink:

Les :thumbs:

Bull pucky

Deben is a Group of Companies :yes:

Realtree is a BRAND or correctly termed a "Trade Mark" , there are many "Realtree" Patterns

The Company "Realtree" was founded by a gentleman called Bill Jorden who created his 1st pattern in 1986.

His Company licenses the patterns and the brand to manufacturers all over the world, not just Deben.

My Realtree Jacket is made in for a company called Stearns Dry Wear. Not for by Deban.

Just so you know :thumbs:

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

no realtree is not the best although i have the full realtree kit i always used to get better results with a green barbour wax cotton and a pair of waterproof green trousers, its comen sense really it all depends what enviroment your in and i'm normally stalking hedge rows with green grass beneath me and greenish hedgerow,

so basically its good but not always the best

Oh here we go again! I think camo is damn stupid, sorry guys, but as an ex squaddy the last thing I want to wear is cammo.

What does camo realy do? It provides some amount of camo' from human eyes, so if your a poacher - great, Or if you dont want people to see you when your out shooting - great.

Does it hide you from your prey? Get real, ofcourse it doesnt, keeping still and perhaps covering your hands and face, with gloves and a hood/cap are all thats needed for getting pigeons and other easily spooked prey.

I like many of you have worn jeans and t-shorts when out shooting, did it make me more visible to my prey - No.

Did they have realtree etc camo in ancient times? no - did they starve - no.

Someone mentioned the words 'field craft' yes thats much better, but it doesnt need to include head to toe camo'.

On another note - I think Collie' is a cheeky Troller, I mean, come on " isnt realtree great,you can get it for everything".

Mark

Id rather wear camo and know i've done my best to avoid being seen, than not wear it, and be wondering if i should do. what I've done is thought of all the excuses I'd use to explain a crap days shooting,(arm ache, sore/wet feet, cold, lack of action etc.) and gradually try to remove them all, so that hundreds of £££££'s down the line and all the gear i can get my hands on, if i have a crap days shooting, its ENTIRELY my fieldcraft thats in question. which is probably the stage i'm now at, learning about feeding habits, roosting areas, detecting sign and all the other interesting stuff there is to learn about british wildlife once you've stopped worrying about weather they can see you or not!!

its also great fun seeing how close i can get to my mate without him noticing im there.

Edited by darren watson