the wife has give me the go ahead

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lab don't you have a navara for sale. Mint condish with one carefull lady owner?

Lol.

In my opinion I would steer clear of nissan and freelanders.

Discoveries are good but you can get a lot of vehicle from your money in the shape of a shogun these days.

All big 4x4s are great untill they go bang. You just have to have the funds available to rectify them when they do.

If your going for a pickup get a hilux.

FTB

Bugger i forgot about that...................yes i've 1 for sale here, as long as you've got a navara engine to go in it your sorted......never let me down more than once ;)

I drive a 110 Defender for work, great off road if they aren't loaded up to much, unlike ours. Not a very good driving position if you are tall though, tends to give me a bad back and lots of the other lads at work aswell. Requires some good boots too.

I'd advise you to stay well clear of an Nissan mate........ :thumbdown:

I would also go for a pick up...i like to keep the smell of dogs, shot game and smelly shit in a different compartment, just incase you want to use the vehicle for pleasure instead of work/hunting. Just a bit food for thought :thumbs:

got to say i like the nissans, well some of them. terranos are good and i have a 2.8 trol wich is a cracking motor. the 3litre before 2006 crack pistons and the d22 can throw a conrod through the casing at abou 100k

The missus has an X-Trail, spot on can't fault it. wouldn't touch one for 5k though Mate, you'll need to spend more. For that money I'd be tempted with either a Jeep or Shogun. Not a fan of the disco at all.

:thumbs:

A jeep?! you must be mad! or have money burning a hole in your pocket to fix it!

After re-reading your original post I think your perfect car is a skoda octavia scout(4x4).

We have one at the work and it is excellent. Absolutely bombproof, safe, fast, 40 odd mpg, capable on moderate off road, good resale value, far more reliable than any 4x4.

I dont know if you would get one for 5k, but it would be your perfect motor.

We use ours on snow, forestry roads and modest offroad (through fields etc) and is more than capable.

Most people with a pickup etc never actually use them offroad to any great degree.

FTB

if your getting a pickup go with hilux mate very good motors . . . .

Pickups are great in the right circumstances, but comfort for wife and kids(or safety, depending on age) is not something you will get with any of the double-cabs. Got an x-trail and cant fault it BUT it is newer than a 57 plate when the model changed.