big bullx doing the job single handed

A WELL BREED N BREED RIGHT I MEAN.... first cross is the perfict tool for the job weather lamping or digging for charlies' my mate used his own breed for years' never had to out cross um'' or add anything.. like i say get them breed right n thay take some beating...ATB..B

digging dogs yes ....the odd fox 50/50 but fox day in day out then no sorry its not happening unless is a racey one like ruby jets harf x ............:whistling:

this one u mean mate :whistling::thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theres some right bollocks gets chatted on here, it seems more foxes die in one day on this site than they do in a full season in the real world, now heres a few facts i know..... the majority of half

Ok, I'll get with the post, the post says 'heavy', well lets face it, no heavy (as in weight) can catch much at all. As for first crosses, well run at the right weight and they'll do the job, week in

this is my bro bitch 5/8greyhound 3/8bull think she is about 5 yr old kills foxs 4 fun mate and she is heavy set mate she is big 4 a bitch

Posted Images

if lucky you can get some racey enough 1st crosses but most are too heavy.lamping foxes is my main thing and a dog has to have speed and be well able to turn.a lot of lads dont realise how fast a fox can run and turn

Derek you are absolutely correct, and in our small rough fields, a fox and be gone in a second, leaving a slow dog bewildered. I think in Ireland for sure, the fast lightly built dogs, with a quick kill, are the best. :thumbs:

imo foxs ant that hard for a dog to get if its out far anuff its dead .................

i hunt foxes every sunday of the season and that ststement is a load of bollox

you can see who the people are who run foxes and the dreamers who havent, lamping foxes with a running dog is not that easy . doubled up becomes easier, more open ground becomes easier. loads of facts and figures all contribute to catching foxes. as for the first crosses you cant put them in the same category, as some will throw to the racier side and some to heavier side. all dogs are different no matter if there the same breeding.

my opionion is quater bull is a safe option, = speed and a strong jaw(gameness). not saying half cross wont do it as they will, but from my exsperience i prefer a three quater running dog and quater beddy/bull. my mate has a half cross, and cant cope with them in terms of speed but when its got contact its good nite. what ever works for different people , as long as it does the job right , who cares what it is., i prefer beddy/collie in the making, but they lack in jaw when it comes to the bull, but they do the job.

you can see who the people are who run foxes and the dreamers who havent, lamping foxes with a running dog is not that easy . doubled up becomes easier, more open ground becomes easier. loads of facts and figures all contribute to catching foxes. as for the first crosses you cant put them in the same category, as some will throw to the racier side and some to heavier side. all dogs are different no matter if there the same breeding.

:thumbs:

The more time you spend reading through the endless trash on the lurcher section, you get to thinking that there are people on your level... on your wavelength so to speak... you can tell they seen the things you see day in day out through the seasons, they know the script. But then there are the 'others' and when it comes to explianing our case, it is recieved with either disbelief or disgust! Feck 'em!

Happy hunting lads :thumbs:

Anybody who thinks that the majority of half x can go out and catch fox's singlehanded week in week out needs to get off their arse, stop looking for pats on the back on here and go out and do a bit and they'll soon see for themselves. Dont get me wrong there are half x's out there that can do it, I've seen them, these tend to be the type that are a bit longer in the back and have a bit of leg to them, but these are like rocking horse shit IMHO. Some people need to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk. :thumbs:

Edited by redcharge

Anybody who thinks that the majority of half x can go out and catch fox's singlehanded week in week out needs to get of their arse, stop looking for pats on the back on here and go out and do a bit and they'll soon see for themselves. Dont get me wrong there are half x's out there that can do it, I've seen them, these tend to be the type that are a bit longer in the back and have a bit of leg to them, but these are like rocking horse shit IMHO. Some people need to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk. :thumbs:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: spot on

Anybody who thinks that the majority of half x can go out and catch fox's singlehanded week in week out needs to get of their arse, stop looking for pats on the back on here and go out and do a bit and they'll soon see for themselves. Dont get me wrong there are half x's out there that can do it, I've seen them, these tend to be the type that are a bit longer in the back and have a bit of leg to them, but these are like rocking horse shit IMHO. Some people need to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk. :thumbs:

spot on what you have said redcharge,man of my own heart :thumbs:

some people who seem to have a lot of respect on this site and are always getting pats on the back need to get out and do a bit and stop talking the talk :thumbs:

Guest michael.hudson7

i think if you want a out out fox dog a racey 5/8 3/8 or a 3/4 quater bred thats just my choice.

Fox's can be evasive quarry at the worst of times to get the best chance of catching and killing more than escape definatley go with the 3/8 5/8 racey dog from what I've heard from the foxing lads the thicker 1st x don't have the pace or agility.

if people would stop using any old useless bull in the mix maybe the result would be different..

but lets not underestimate the fox, he's a wily customer at the best of times. from what ive seen first x bull x's dont perform brilliantly where i come from because the majority of the land i hunt is small fields/farms and wooldlands.

Heres my take on it i have a heavy type bull cross his exact breeding is half cross bull to a 5/8ths 3/8ths wheaten grey and he is a lump of a dog but he is up on the leg being 27 1/2" to the shoulder and this dog has caught a fair few foxes on the lamp but in all honesty i have seen more slink and jink there way to freedom from him which i cant take away his lack of trying trust me the dog is no fool and uses his head just sometimes i feel he has lost that agility and turn through his weight,he can move though being up on the leg,now i did have the dogs sister as well till she was stolen from me over 2 years ago now this bitch being the same way bred obviously being the dogs litter sister was two inchs shorter than the dog and 22lbs lighter and her catch rate on foxes was near double that of her brother dont get me wrong she missed them as well no dog catches every thing they run but i do belive her lighter frame and size helped her in her pursuit of foxes she didnt kill her quarry as quickly as her brother but the end result was the same but the numbers were definatly stacked in her favour thats just my take on it though lads it does not make it right though

regards hedz

just having a debate with my freind he saying he doesnt think a heavy bullx could catch fox pre ban of course. single handed but i think even heavy dogs find away 2 do there job evem if they aint got the speed they make up 4 it some over way. i have firstx bitch 3 genration shes not heavy but she does it on her own. so if any 1 out there has a heavy bullx that does it on there owm please put some pics up 2 prove my freind wrong cheers lads happy huntin. :thumbs:

Hi there my pic is of my bitch pitbull x greyhound and it will take on anything on its own no hessitation. i also have a dog greyhoundxcollie X pitbullxgreyhound which is a bit faster than my bitch 1st cross pitbull x greyhound.

Edited by ProHunter80