Armed Response

Hi all,

Not sure if this is true or not but I've been told that if you are a FAC or SGC holder and are driving a car registered to you that the Police want to stop they won't do so untill they have an armed response unit at the scene?! :blink:

Is this true or have I been told a load of sh1te?

If it is a load of sh1te and you get pulled with a rifle / shotgun in the car are you supposed to tell plod that it's there?

Hasn't happened to me but I'd rather know in advance!

Cheers,

Mick.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Not sure if this is true or not but I've been told that if you are a FAC or SGC holder and are driving a car registered to you that the Police want to stop they won't do so untill they have an armed response unit at the scene?! :blink:

Is this true or have I been told a load of sh1te?

If it is a load of sh1te and you get pulled with a rifle / shotgun in the car are you supposed to tell plod that it's there?

Hasn't happened to me but I'd rather know in advance!

Cheers,

Mick.

Can't speak for the police in Lancashire, but its a load of B.S. from my experience.

Never been stopped and had to wait for an armed response unit.

As for telling them its there, if you get out dressed in wellies and camo, they may well ask what you've been doing. If you tell them you've been shooting, they'll know its there and if they want to do some more checks, i'm sure they will. I've still never had anyone call for an armed response unit for when i've been stopped.

I have been told that when your car registration is run on the PNC "associated with firearms" will flag up. I don't know this for a fact but next time I do a bit of pest control in a station I'll ask the question.

I know that due to health and safety your average police employee can not handle "guns" until checked over by an ARU ( armed response unit ). So I guess theoretically, what you have been told may be correct.

John

Edited by HUnter_zero

been fortunate ,never had any problems with this ,, but as said if you are a fac holder it will flag up if you are stoped in the car , a friend was ruteanly stoped the other week no firearms onboard , but they knew he was a fac holder ! when he asked how they knew , they told him it automaticly flags up these days , ;)

I dont think it is likely, unless you are suspected of a crime. Remember, you have been deemed suitable to carry and use a firearm, and you have good reason to possess one....

Why would they need an ARV to stop you????

If you have been reported on suspicion of robbing a bank.........I'm sure they would need support ........yes!gunsmilie.gif

The vehicle would come up on pnc as having a marker for firearms (the thing being it would also show up the same if it had been used in a armed robbery etc) but with the armed robbery incident there would also be an inteligence report the reason that they ask a arv to attend is that most officers nowadays dont know there arse from their elbow [bANNED TEXT] it comes to firearms and also most of them dont know what a certificate is how to check it or what checks go into obtaining one.

regards

branch hopper

Been stopped for a minor thing and had them looking at the car and said 'ummmmmm just thought i should say. . . . . there's a gun in the boot'. Should see them step back sharpish and reach for the c.s

:clapper: probably not the best way to go about it,funny though :thumbs:

My mate was stopped in the wee small hours by mr plod, when he got to the car he asked are there any firearms in the car, he said no and they still wanted to check. I think when he opened the back of the 90 they changed there minds as it was full of crap and shitty wellies as he worked for a waste management firm but they didnt call for the heavy's.

ATB Tony :thumbs:

They should only call the ARV if youve been reported for an incident, not for a genral stop check.

The firearms flag will probably be put on the car if youve been pulled before and you have been carrying a firearm, but not going off the fact you have an FAC.

but there again who knows how the system works nowadays.

got stopped last year by police after a night lamping got a ref no for the area i was lamping in

once in there car one officer got out did not want me to hear what was been discussed on the radio when he came back asked if there was any firearms in the vehicle which there was with the passenger

didnt even look at my fac just let me go on my way no probs

Been stopped loads of times in the past by regular cops, i always inform them if i have any guns in the vehicle, but never never had any problems, dont even check FAC as 99% of them wouldnt have a clue anayway

got stopped the other week on the way back from beating on a local shoot the missus was driving my van, they didnt mention a thing about guns and i hold both a shotgun and fac ticket. did the missus for my mate bein in the back of the van with the dogs and not havin a seat in, stupid f****r didnt even try an hide the missus was fumin.lol me an him were a bit pissed as we had just had dinner and severl beers with the keeper and his missus we were stinkin of drink didnt even breath test her.